The Anna Edit #3 We’re having a moment, a moving situation, oh my word.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even now like who is hanging their washing out? Stingy mark not letting her have the radiators on? Or some stuff in the tumble? Like maiden’s are great because you can move them in and outdoors, I’m surprised she doesn’t have one of those heated rails from lakeland?
Wth! Who takes a polaroid of someone ready to put up the washing line. She is horrible and so annoying. Peg bag ...y is it so glorious I just don't understand.
As someone who grew up in a house with a huge garden and then have lived in tiny flats for the past 17 years, I can really empathise with their excitement over drying clothes outdoors, there’s nothing quite as fresh as wind blown, sun dried linen.

I also find it quite sweet she finds such moments worthy a photo. I believe they don’t often take polaroids but the format seems to be reserved for special occasions such as moving in days and other bigger events. I would much rather see her happy with a drying line, than pushing unattainable consumerist crap in her viewers face.

The peg bag was hand made by her grandma. There’s more value in sentimental pieces than money can buy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Even now like who is hanging their washing out? Stingy mark not letting her have the radiators on? Or some stuff in the tumble? Like maiden’s are great because you can move them in and outdoors, I’m surprised she doesn’t have one of those heated rails from lakeland?
I’m sorry but?? If you don’t hang your washing outside to dry that’s your problem? Tumble driers are bad for the environment and damage clothes. Clothes airers are ugly. If they have the outdoor space why not use it it. It’s the best way to dry clothes.

Drying them on the radiator is also ugly and causes damp.

Reactions: 35
x

Yes I think it's a corner end of terrace too, but it would be a bit unusual to have a square garden like that. Can't be many of those knocking about in Brighton.
Yes 100% convinced it’s a corner house too. Because that was the only explanation I could find to the office window.
Also if you go back to her window insta post you can see a white house/ roofline so it needs to have a white house in front of that side window, such as in the example below

That’s an example, I don’t think that’s the house. There must be dozens of corner houses in Brighton/Hove with a white house like that in front... Sure I’m the CIA but I would never have the patience to look for it, waiting for more clues or somebody else to find it :)

Ps: I believe the street has to be on the right side of the house, not the left like here. Unless she has mirrored every picture/stories of course 👀

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I can imagine a 6 year old little girl will remember exactly what all her books look like, just like you will never win a matching memory game from a small child.

For me, personally, I’d like to have one author’s work all together and not spread out over my house because the books don’t match in colour or size. The alphabet runs through book cases in my entire apartment!

But then, I do not ever think books look messy, but that’s a matter of preference of course.
Y’all are crazy! I organize my books by theme 😂😂😂 and have a special area for my most beloved.

Why is she calling a dining table in the middle of the kitchen an island? It’s a table... in the middle of the room. I don’t call my coffee table in the middle of the lounge an island. 🙄🙄
I think this is just meant to stand in for an island...extra workspace. The previous owners were probably too cheap to build one (or just didn’t want to) that matched their cabinetry so settled on this instead. I have a similar set-up (albeit in my studio apartment 😂) because my counter space is zilch. I will say, that island looks so small in that kitchen and there’s a lot of dead space around it. Could be a stretch, but maybe one of the previous owners was in a wheelchair and needed the extra space for mobility 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I’m sorry but?? If you don’t hang your washing outside to dry that’s your problem? Tumble driers are bad for the environment and damage clothes. Clothes airers are ugly. If they have the outdoor space why not use it it. It’s the best way to dry clothes.

Drying them on the radiator is also ugly and causes damp.
Not all of us are blessed with being able to hang washing out or being bothered about it being ugly 😂 and it wasn’t nice weather where I am in the UK today

sorry if I’ve triggered people 😂

Reactions: 7
I like the island table, you can move it out of the way if you have lots of people over etc. Fixed islands look like a nuisance.

Reactions: 8
I have to admit I’m having ‘a bit of a moment with Anna’, she seems genuinely so happy and gratful about her house and I can relate to the joy of being able to hang out your washing, and having a utility room etc when you’ve been living in a flat. She’s not coming across as smug or showing off, and she seems to be approaching the house in the right way, living in it, not buying lots of new furniture straight away and doing it up slowly. Hopefully she’ll end up with a far more homely and cohesive home then the likes of Lily pebbles and inthefrow

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Not all of us are blessed with being able to hang washing out or being bothered about it being ugly 😂 and it wasn’t nice weather where I am in the UK today

sorry if I’ve triggered people 😂
You don't need good weather, clothes dry by heat or agitation basically. Even if it's cold outside, they will dry eventually. As long as the humidity isn't super high.

Reactions: 4
It’s just a strange trend I have observed that people are reluctant to dry outside. I’m aware that outdoor space is a premium, but you were criticising Anna and Mark with their late garden implying they were being tight or odd to dry their washing outside. It’s sad it that is becoming abnormal. Why would anyone want their clothes drying super slowly inside and making their home all damp...

Reactions: 19
I like the island table, you can move it out of the way if you have lots of people over etc. Fixed islands look like a nuisance.
I always wonder if the island trend will eventually died out, like back in the 90s, it is quite a trend to have a little serving window between your kitchen and dining room.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s just a strange trend I have observed that people are reluctant to dry outside. I’m aware that outdoor space is a premium, but you were criticising Anna and Mark with their late garden implying they were being tight or odd to dry their washing outside. It’s sad it that is becoming abnormal. Why would anyone want their clothes drying super slowly inside and making their home all damp...
I assume you meant to reply to me, where I’ve lived the winter has never been great for drying clothes, most people near where I live can’t dry their clothes outside as it’s too damp/wet or they can’t be in to “catch it” in case it gets wet. Maybe it’s just where I’m from or the people I know in terms of our jobs but most people I know have transitioned to heated maidens, maybe in Brighton it’s fine 😂 so apologises that I don’t know this

I have to admit I’m having ‘a bit of a moment with Anna’, she seems genuinely so happy and gratful about her house and I can relate to the joy of being able to hang out your washing, and having a utility room etc when you’ve been living in a flat. She’s not coming across as smug or showing off, and she seems to be approaching the house in the right way, living in it, not buying lots of new furniture straight away and doing it up slowly. Hopefully she’ll end up with a far more homely and cohesive home then the likes of Lily pebbles and inthefrow
Yeah. As someone who isn't currently in possession of a washing line and hates having to dry everything inside, I won't begrudge them their washing line 'moment.'

Not sure she's intending on doing the house up slowly, though. I think she's intending to sit back and watch the #gifted roll in!

Mark will probably make them dry their washing outside rain or shine as not to put the heating on to dry them inside in winter 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm tempted to say it isn't in Brighton. I know she said it was however looking at her recent IG stories it just doesn't look like it. It looks more like Shoreham to Worthing area.

I'm tempted to say it isn't in Brighton. I know she said it was however looking at her recent IG stories it just doesn't look like it. It looks more like Shoreham to Worthing area.
She e did say on stories 'we're close' when someone asked if they are Brighton so you might be right!

She e did say on stories 'we're close' when someone asked if they are Brighton so you might be right!
I am correct it isn't Brighton. I was an idiot and forgot about the community guidelines which meant I mistakenly revealed a bit too much information. Apologies Tattle Moderators.

Reactions: 1
I am correct it isn't Brighton. I was an idiot and forgot about the community guidelines which meant I mistakenly revealed a bit too much information. Apologies Tattle Moderators.
HAHA if you said she is in Shoreham, I don't think you're revealing too much, is a huge area. Like everyone knows where Lily lives and where Anna old flat is.

Reactions: 3
I always wonder if the island trend will eventually died out, like back in the 90s, it is quite a trend to have a little serving window between your kitchen and dining room.
Haha I have one of those! Except there's now and extension for the kitchen, so the little window is between the dining room and the living room. The previous owners put a fish tank in the gap!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.