The Anna Edit #3 We’re having a moment, a moving situation, oh my word.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For me, it’s just way too plain. I took only a cursory look, but it all looked bland and boring to me. I need some color and texture in my life and also a mix of styles, especially if living in a period property. My home is from 1890, and I made sure to mix in some antiques with modern furniture and art. And yes, this aesthetic is very easily ruined, especially if you have kids!
It’s too Architectural Digest for me. There’s no warmth or personality. I don’t think they’re cool or laidback enough to pull off that style effortlessly. These are not the homes of women with PDF packing lists and fluffy dressing gowns. It will look too forced, especially if they spend £1000 on a Soho Home mirror 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
It’s too Architectural Digest for me. There’s no warmth or personality. I don’t think they’re cool or laidback enough to pull off that style effortlessly. These are not the homes of women with PDF packing lists and fluffy dressing gowns. It will look too forced, especially if they spend £1000 on a Soho Home mirror 😂
You're absolutely right, Lily's house is a case in point, most of us have stuff that means something to us on the walls and shelves, things from our travels, gifts from family, loved photographs, in her case nada and from a practical perspective she must also be finding this to her cost now, freezer not big enough, no storage for Grey's toys or their bikes. All because it has to look good for the gram. I hope Anna will take a more considered route though in her quest to be the cool girl and from recent behaviour it seems doubtful.

Reactions: 7
I'm into Danish style but their choices are so beige and cold. There is a lot of great interior happening in that realm now that colorful and cozy but still keeps that more minimal effect.

Reactions: 6
Can you share some pls :)
Some of these accounts are pastel bombs but its fun inspiration. I actually went and repainted a bunch of my furniture in pastels and my apt has never felt more alive. Have all the birch furniture but liven it up with fun rugs, wall colors, accessories etc

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21
In a kind of semi defence of Mark - I think their old apartment had storage heaters which are notoriously expensive to run. Manys a row I had with my boyfriend over them 😅 you have it on for what feels like an hour and then before you know it four hours have passed. With Anna working from home I’m sure mark just wanted her to be conscious of its use. I remember being in the same position at home studying and I was always freezing but too broke to turn the heating on 😂 like they are extortionate. I haven’t seen the fluffy purple robe in a while so it seems it was that apartment that was the issue, not their frugality!
Yeah, I have storage heaters too. They have a mind of their own but I’d rather be a bit warm where I can and cut back on something else than be cold. Hopefully it won’t be an issue in their new house, heating nazis do my head in 😂

Reactions: 4
The style of the garden and the interiors are so wildly different. It looks like they are after an country cottage but plan to rip out any features for a blank canvas

• Wow
Some of these accounts are pastel bombs but its fun inspiration. I actually went and repainted a bunch of my furniture in pastels and my apt has never felt more alive. Have all the birch furniture but liven it up with fun rugs, wall colors, accessories etc
These are lovely. Also use of fabrics and soft textures seems to be important. It's weird how many of Mark's pictures are just wooden furniture and wooden floors and beige walls. Things can be too simple.

I love this style of interior, but I’d be so terrified to actually live in. The moment you leave your dirty plates out or whack up the clothes horse you’ve ruined your whole aesthetic 🤷🏻‍♀️
Same. I'm more of a 'cosy but keep it simple' type; I definitely need more warmth to the textures, furniture and fabrics of my place but even though it's too sleek for me, I get why they would go for it. I generally like Anna's interior taste (unlike Lily's ever so attractive 'freebie clutter chic') and I think they can pull it off. I'm really looking forward to the new house content. Moving and decorating vlogs are my fave.

Reactions: 5
It’s strange because those vibes are at odds with the decor in their last place. So are they going to have to replace all their furniture? Though I guess that’s not such an issue when it’s all #kindlygifted #prdiscount #presssample

• Angry
Reactions: 10
It’s strange because those vibes are at odds with the decor in their last place. So are they going to have to replace all their furniture? Though I guess that’s not such an issue when it’s all #kindlygifted #prdiscount #presssample
All the west elm furniture in her flat are gifted. Including her bedside table and lamp plus the big cabinet in her living room

Reactions: 4
Pretty sure this was my title from the last thread, but sure, okay.

Anyway, just watched the new Q&A in the background whilst working from home. Generally okay, very intrigued now to see how they begin renovating their new place. But, I could absolutely do without Anna staring sycophantically at Mark whenever he’s speaking. Reminds me of how the Duggar girls stare at their husbands, shudder.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Such lovely pics, this sort of style would suit them so much better I feel?

Reactions: 1
In a kind of semi defence of Mark - I think their old apartment had storage heaters which are notoriously expensive to run. Manys a row I had with my boyfriend over them 😅 you have it on for what feels like an hour and then before you know it four hours have passed. With Anna working from home I’m sure mark just wanted her to be conscious of its use. I remember being in the same position at home studying and I was always freezing but too broke to turn the heating on 😂 like they are extortionate. I haven’t seen the fluffy purple robe in a while so it seems it was that apartment that was the issue, not their frugality!
I think is normal radiator right?
1602856591650.png

https://www.google.com/search?q=the...ECAwQAw&biw=1671&bih=910#imgrc=P3e-j2CnUzizZM - the radiator is behind the sofa lol, they don't have the intention to ever turn it on lol otherwise why would place your sofa in front of it

https://www.theannaedit.com/the-office-tour/ - the one in her bedroom

Reactions: 1
The heating thing stems back to the first flat doesn’t it, not the last?

I absolutely love all the pinned house stuff, they are going to have a period property and extend aren't they! It will be beautiful I’m sure. I also like Lily’s house BTW.

Reactions: 2
The amount of times they referenced stuff Lily has in her place that they would never do was hilarious.

- black taps
- dark walls
- clutter / random bits of furniture

I’m sure there where a couple more too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The amount of times they referenced stuff Lily has in her place that they would never do was hilarious.

- black taps
- dark walls
- clutter / random bits of furniture

I’m sure there where a couple more too 😂
If Anna will do the place I am sure she will go to black taps too, but her PA is against it

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think is normal radiator right?
View attachment 277485
https://www.google.com/search?q=the...ECAwQAw&biw=1671&bih=910#imgrc=P3e-j2CnUzizZM - the radiator is behind the sofa lol, they don't have the intention to ever turn it on lol otherwise why would place your sofa in front of it

https://www.theannaedit.com/the-office-tour/ - the one in her bedroom
I was talking about the place they lived in before the flat. That’s the place where Anna was constantly freezing and always wearing the purple dressing gown

I was talking about the place they lived in before the flat. That’s the place where Anna was constantly freezing and always wearing the purple dressing gown
Ah I thought you were referring to her flat in Brighton. The frozen pipe was at her Brighton flat but if she choose not to turn the heating on in her London rental flat then is totally understandable as they were both at the start of their careers and obviously London is an expensive place to rent and live

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.