The Anna Edit #26 All dressed up to go to the kitchen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How is she describing this atrocity of an outfit as a fun way to get dressed?
And why is she pretending that she's going somewhere?!
1000021327.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How is she describing this atrocity of an outfit as a fun way to get dressed?
And why is she pretending that she's going somewhere?!
View attachment 2867048
Between the lanky hair, the cone head, and the musty, looks like she's gone through a wringer outfit, this is awful. I will forever hate that jacket (along with the Max Mara one). Shapeless, awful color and manky looking.

Reactions: 9
While some people are and some people aren't naturally stylish (hello Anne! 👋) it does make me laugh how influencers make out like picking an outfit and getting dressed every day is one of the most complicated and challenging things in the world. It's the ridiculous overthinking that comes before the final result of looking like you don't care at all.

Reactions: 27
IMG_6858.jpeg

Funnily enough, my camera roll is full of friends and family, beautiful things and the real world. I don’t fill it full of shallow, self absorbed selfies of me.

(And I’m also not taxed on the daily working out what to wear… Gosh it’s hard being An na).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Continue here friends ☺ Excellent title thanks to @peacefulpigeon, well done babes 😍

To view amazing selection of outfits Anne picked to go to the kitchen pls click below:

My first title, I’m honoured! I’m going to celebrate with a Waitrose #adgifted bowl of 3 day old pasta.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
An anecdote slightly related to Anna - who seems to be obsessed about what she wears / will wear / wore at any given moment in time:

I sometimes play a game with myself in that I close my eyes or try not to look down and try to remember what I am wearing -> often I get it wrong or simply do not remember. This probably tells you that my wardrobe is not too varied while at the same time contains a reasonably high number of items, but really, I am probably on the opposite end of the scale from Anna. Try it, I am curious if it's just me :D

• Heart
Anna seems to be obsessed with fashion without appearing to have any fun... It reminds me of lily and many other influencers – why even bother to make fashion content when you so clearly struggle with putting an outfit together, mistake having personal style by chasing trends/copying, and you can't compensate any of it by knowledge or craft? Does you content do anything else than promoting consumption?

I come from a family of fashion maniacs, have always been surounded by people who considered fashion a tool to express themselves, but i've never witnessed any truly stylish person to ponder their fashion choices so much, use 50 apps, consult a stylist, document every outfit and yet always fail even something as trivial as wearing jeans + shirt + coat. 🌚

This tiktok has a great point. I think anna wouldn't be able to specify why she likes any pieces in her wardrobe – she barely remembers what she owns, has sold everything that held any sentimental value and resells everything before it has chance to gain it. She is doing exactly what he criticises: copying without engaging.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t believe Anna has a genuine interest in, or love of, fashion as such. She likes clothes. She likes consuming. She likes the thrill of the new. She likes being an influencer because it massages her ego and brings in good money. She’s not got any knowledge or understanding of fashion theory/history, and I don’t think she cares. Although she sometimes speaks about quality and fabrics etc I think this is less important to her than having the latest IT thing whatever that might be at that time. She obviously has no feel or appreciation of a garment’s cut, construction and so on, or she wouldn’t be looking such a crumpled mess in ill-fitting, what is often overpriced fast fashion masquerading as quality sustainable ‘forever pieces’ (like the earlier post about Aligne covered very well). Anna is just blinded by the coolness factor and must-have status (which tends to be very fleeting even though you know, she’s not into trends), the label and the price point. She has little to no personal style, and I reckon, would struggle to use her own taste as a guide when choosing something new or putting together an outfit without having to look at another influencer (or be guided by a stylist) for reassurance, sorry inspiration, first.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t believe Anna has a genuine interest in, or love of, fashion as such. She likes clothes. She likes consuming. She likes the thrill of the new. She likes being an influencer because it massages her ego and brings in good money. She’s not got any knowledge or understanding of fashion theory/history, and I don’t think she cares. Although she sometimes speaks about quality and fabrics etc I think this is less important to her than having the latest IT thing whatever that might be at that time. She obviously has no feel or appreciation of a garment’s cut, construction and so on, or she wouldn’t be looking such a crumpled mess in ill-fitting, what is often overpriced fast fashion masquerading as quality sustainable ‘forever pieces’ (like the earlier post about Aligne covered very well). Anna is just blinded by the coolness factor and must-have status (which tends to be very fleeting even though you know, she’s not into trends), the label and the price point. She has little to no personal style, and I reckon, would struggle to use her own taste as a guide when choosing something new or putting together an outfit without having to look at another influencer (or be guided by a stylist) for reassurance, sorry inspiration, first.
Indeed. I'm so curious if anyone actually signed up for her stylist services and what they got for it. She struggles this much to style herself , how on earth will she do it for others.

• Haha