Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PRgift

I know this sounds quite bitter and everything but I get so put off by brands and companies who throw freebies at influencers and invite them to fancy events and what is essentially all expenses paid holidays abroad. I get massively uninfluenced to buy from them, knowing that the money I spend goes towards keeping Anna's archive alive and well.

Food companies and supermarkets (a special shout out to Waitrose and their partners for their services to the Newtons) being the absolute worst as I find it morally reprehensible to be giving food for free to people who can easily afford to feed themselves and their families when so many can't. I know it's just another form of advertising but it just seems in such bad taste.

Speaking of Waitrose, the last video of Anna's I tried to watch was from a few weeks ago when I had to switch off at the point where she was manically shouting 'burrata!' at Mark in that echo chamber of a kitchen 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 37

jazzmonster

Chatty Member
I love it when she calls her clothes “pieces”. Darling, it’s an item of overpriced fast fashion that you’ll dispose of before anyone notices its existence, not an artwork.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Ivegotatheory

Chatty Member
It’s defo her psoriasis, and good on her. We are so used to seeing altered photos from other insta huns, this is refreshing.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Peony14

I watched Anna a lot a couple of years ago and really enjoyed her content. I even bought a jumper by &otherstories she had because I liked it so much (of course she got rid of it later on..., I still have mine and love to wear it). But I stopped watching her ever since she moved to her house, I can´t pinpoint why, but from that point onward her content just did not interest me anymore. Checking out her yt and ig now honestly shocked me. What happened to her style? And that kitchen? We recently got our new kitchen and one thing that was an absolute must was to get the biggest sink possible with the kitchen we chose. I´ve got a lot of catching up to do with the past threads lol

Reactions: 35

martaS

VIP Member
Why is she wearing these hoofs?
And sorry not sorry but posting something like this is so disrespectful to the organisers. Got the train times wrong? For what can be considered as work event? It's a good thing she wasn't wearing shorts, white vest with no bra underneath, and flip flops. (I think she's possibly lying. As the bag, shirt, jeans, and hoofs are all Arket. She can't have just been wearing it for the day. I think she got in, saw that everyone was dressed smarter and decided to pretend this more casual outfit wasn't what she had planned to wear for weeks!)
1693570273420.png

---
Ah, btw. The Christmas chain beads are £400
🤯

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

imtakingabath

VIP Member
View attachment 2451166
“But no, mother” said the vehicle-obsessed Little Man, “I do not care for jumpers with diggers or fire engines, or for dino-print joggers. I long for the oatmeal knit and charcoal linen ensemble.”
This honestly makes me so sad, I have such fond memories of my childhood clothes. If you can’t wear bright colours and cartoon characters when you’re little, when can you?!

• Sad
  • Heart

jazzmonster

Chatty Member
I'd be more than happy to enjoy watch her content if it was the same stuff, styled well. But it's just newer, more expensive versions of the same stuff thrown in with trend-led things that Alex Bornstein suggests.
I don’t even mind that her clothes aren’t to my taste, to put it politely. What I find annoying is that they are for an entire fake lifestyle. What I wear is informed by the things that I do during the day- commute, workday seeing people, workday seeing not so many people etc.. She hardly does anything outside of her house, yet she talks about her wardrobe as if she’s a magazine editor working in central London.

• Heart

Peony14

Apart from the lying, saying "making lemonade out of lemons" when refering to having to look after her own child reeeally rubs me the wrong way. She does not have a job wehre she physically needs to be at for example an office or a factory. Mothers around the globe would love to be able to spend as much time as possible with their child, but can´t due to various reasons.

tehpretty

Does anybody watch Nick White on tiktok? he has a character called 'the dull coworker' and it is anne to a TEE:

• Haha
  • Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Omg she’s so manic in todays video.

Also in the video she is doing her makeup for the Arket event, dressed in Arket clothes, but then wants us to believe it’s not what she intended to wear? Yeah right! Liar liar pants on fire.

It also goes to show that for all the nonsense she spouts in reels filmed at home like ‘the silk of the shirt elevates the casual jeans to an overall more polished look’ it falls completely flat in real life. Like this is her job and she’s even had expensive consultations and she still can’t manage to dress appropriately for a straightforward work dinner event? No wonder she felt so mortified but fibbing about it only makes it worse.

• Haha
  • Heart

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
She never misses a chance to shill stuff via aff links, does she 🙄
I'd rather watch paint dry than read any of her boring newsletters regarding her boring outfits.
IMG_20230920_131703.jpg

Also, the inevitable they'll 🥴
Gives me the rage.

• Haha
  • Angry

martaS

VIP Member
This (probs quite expensive) necklace looks like plastic beads spray-painted yellow-gold, purchased at Claire's circa 2009 . It's more yellow than Anne's face, and that's quite an achievement in itself.
1693434589436.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

makeupbynobody

How can she take herself seriously? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – all of these clothes wear her! She is such a try hard that it’s difficult to watch. This whole fashion-girl persona just doesn’t suit her. She’s a cute, friendly girl-next-door vibe. Her content would be so much better if she just leaned into that instead of trying to be some trendy/scandi/NY fashion girlie.

Reactions: 33

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
Surely ralph is the perfect age to go on holiday with? Don't have to worry about school holiday price hikes/ restrictions plus food would be cheap, little to no kid supplementary.

Can't think of anything worse than being alone abroad with skid Mark, I can imagine his know it all condescending remarks, "actually anna chorizo is pronounced choh-ree-thoh not choor-ee-zoo". Piss off you free loading prick

• Haha
Reactions: 32