Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

peppin

VIP Member
Doesn't her interpretation of fashion uniforms deny the very point of fashion uniforms? I remember there was an article in the early 2010s about celebs having an uniform which basically meant sticking to one's style and only do little tweaks to make it fit different occasions – some examples i can remember were anna wintour with her bob and midi dresses/skirts; angelina jolie in all black and simple cuts; sofia coppola's preppy style; mary-kate and ashley olsen's outfits that are the essence of the row. Anna's basically putting together random pieces of clothes that are trending and making up fake scenarios to justify it before selling them. There's no personal style, no repeated pattern (save for ugly, ill-fitting and over-priced) that would actually make it an uniform. If you need 7 uniforms oufits to get through a basic day, news flash, you can't fucking dress.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

PRgift

Anna has just got to accept that she'll never be one of those 'high fashion' girls she clearly aspires to be. And that's ok. The undone/slightly disheveled, bra-less, naturally cool thing isn't really for her, no matter how much she wants it to be.

All these bland influencers blend into one and I can't tell them apart (is it Anna, is it Chloe Hayward, is it some other delete as appropriate option?). I don't want to call them Brittany Bathgate clones as there's nothing original or groundbreaking about her at all, she merely mimics and copies people cooler than herself, but that's who the likes of Anna seem to be anxiously looking up to, getting the reassurance that they're doing it right. Can't wait for BB to cut her hair and for Anna et al to follow suit, proclaiming what a revelation it's been, how she feels so chic, sophisticated and totally like herself again.

Reactions: 21

peppin

VIP Member
i don't get her obsession with appearing like she has a few pieces of clothing, the title should have been "my 7 uniforms and xy rooms of clothes i've only worn for an instagram picture, if at all"

• Haha

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I couldn’t believe she was hyping up flogging the kid’s old clothes on Vinted. All looks fit for recycling, not even good enough for the charity shop!
But why, though? My sister got tons of baby and toddler clothes from friends, family and colleagues (for free) and they all looked fine. How does she treat clothing, hers and her son’s, if they look like that??
Also, about Anna’s content in general…it’s just so boring because it’s basically just her selling expensive clothing that she styles in the most boring and ill-fitted way. Nothing personal anymore. We’re to believe that Anna changes outfits three times a day and that’s it.
As dumb as Lily is, at least she still offers a look into her life and that makes her content slightly better imho.

Long time lurker, just watched the stylist video and, genuinely, do you think she’s losing her marbles a bit? How to wear plain black pumps? How to tuck a top in? My 3 year old could do this. It all looks completely fucking awful.
I think her and Lily and many millennial full-time influencers are going through a midlife crisis. They were able to launch a career on YT as influencers b/c it was a new market, they were there first and were young, thin and posted about their outfits (which at the time was on trend) and live their lives. It's so easy to be on trend when you are in your teens-20s b/c pop culture is catered to youth so you understand it.

Now they are older and have to go out of their way to look at what's "trendy/fashionable" b/c they are no longer in school and have no clue what is hip. For the record, that is normal and will happen to everyone. If they truly wanted to be authentic they would still rock clothes, like many millennials do, that are not trendy but are flattering, have a history and feel comfortable to them but they refuse and do purges every month to make room for something fashionable/trendy. They have to be "trendy" but don't want to sacrifice comfort and well the result is an overpriced neutral potato sack and thinking they look amazing.

• Heart

imtakingabath

VIP Member
Just seen Anna’s Thread post: “Sunday night Pinterest scrolling” where she proceeds to post photos of several gaunt white women from the 90s with a token plus sized woman of colour thrown in 🙄 most of the photos look like they could be from a pro-ana blog.

• Sad

Liptastic

VIP Member
When she filmed the second pond by the extension, the one with the rust, it wasn't tadpoles in it, it was fucking mosquito larvae! :sick: they will get eaten alive having that pond right next to the kitchen

• Sick
  • Wow

MissD

Surely this isn’t food for a 2 year olds birthday party?!
Get over yourself Anne and do age appropriate party food for your kid! Not everything has to be Instagram-able 🙄
So if it’s just been Ralph’s birthday party, and I’m sure Zoe / Alfie spilled the beans that he was born late August, what’s the bets that last week’s “childcare emergency” was actually a planned day out for Ralph’s actual birthday?

• Wow
  • Haha

b20212017

anyone else reckon substack is somewhere she can make a reliable few quid but crucially share content where no one will judge her or disagree with her? It’s just all her ‘fans’ that will see it and then she can just become more weird and culty and very few, if any, people will point out that it’s all a bit of a mess.

• Heart

PRgift

I don't understand why Anna is so taken by this Bornstein woman, the ideas she's peddling are hardly new or groundbreaking?
It's like the concept of getting dressed each day was completely alien to Anna before she came across her. Which is odd seeing as Anna has been marketing herself as some kind of style guru for years. Her 3 words really ought to be unkempt, greasy and potato.

• Haha

MissD

I cannot believe she used “polished” and “groomed” to describe her style and said it with a straight face.

Also, who needs a separate outfit for the nursery run? Why was that one of the outfits she needed to create? Surely you just wear whatever you’re planning to wear that day? And a separate outfit plan for “errands”. Just goes to show how little she has going on that she thinks all these “events” need carefully planned outfits.

• Wow

icannoteven

VIP Member
She is the epitome of someone who doesnt take her own advice - the wardrobe and organisation tips she rehashes and dish out on her platforms, wrote a book about—- none of which she follows IRL and it shows… in a rush? No time for this and that? Not sure what to wear? Wtf lol super fake

charlottepickles

I think *she thinks* that she's working hard. Uploading a tiktok video every day is comparatively harder (to her) than uploading one shitty vlog per week. Her life has just been so easy and lazy that even a minimal amount of extra work seems overwhelming to her.

I can't believe this is the same person who wrote a book while uploading two decent videos every week. Mark quitting his job/getting fired(?) was the beginning of the end. (edited for grammar)

katz2022

Chatty Member
I don’t understand how someone with such shit fashion sense and taste in everything, has built a career as an influencer??! She doesn’t have a job right? Her job is just this shit on Instagram?

• Haha

jazzmonster

Chatty Member
Anna: “My style is polished, groomed and elevated.” And then puts on dirty jeans with bagged out knees, a huge denim shirt from
the kilo sale and shoes that look like hooves.

• Haha