The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It wouldn't be consistently. Daily videos were only done for a month. Would the tax relief she'd gain from having Mark as an employee cover his lack of income? It just seems strange that an intelligent ambitious guy like Mark wouldn't want to add extra value to her channel. They were planning to buy a more expensive property so surely that would be the incentive to work harder?

Reactions: 5
It could well do. Some people in real life know me here (and Sali Hughes knows who I am, obviously 😀) so I’m not going to mention figures, but there was a point a few years ago when it might have been advantageous to have my husband on the books working for me in some capacity or another so that we could both draw dividends. It wouldn’t have totally replaced his whole income, but It would have been ok for what was basically a sinecure/1 day’s work every quarter. (In the end I did something else as I wasn’t totally comfortable with that despite it being legal.)

Maybe Mark never planned to give up his work. It’s possible he might have been laid off or something?

Reactions: 2
I think the main advantage for them is simply a higher quality of life. Anna can film while Mark edits stuff simultaneously, instead of Anna only being able to edit after she’s done filming. l would also choose more free time if I could afford it. I would not force myself to produce more content when I already find it hard to think of topics and I don’t want to vlog too much of my personal life.

They would not be doing this if they didn’t earn enough. Mark can always go back to work, but you only live once. Now is the time to do this.

Reactions: 17
I think it’s a work life balance thing. Anna said on the podcast how happy they both are and she sounded genuine. I don’t think it’s uncommon to take a sabbatical from engineering. I’ve got a male friend who’s a structural engineer and he took 3 months paternity leave and he now works part time to share childcare.

Reactions: 12
They’re not working again today and are out eating ice-creams.

I understand that work brings stress and pressure, but I’d feel so aimless with their lifestyle. Where’s their ambition? Where’s the achievement? It’s like they’re already living the life of retirees.

It makes them look lazy.

Reactions: 10
They’re not working again today and are out eating ice-creams.

I understand that work brings stress and pressure, but I’d feel so aimless with their lifestyle. Where’s their ambition? Where’s the achievement? It’s like they’re already living the life of retirees.

It makes them look lazy.
I’m not ambitious at all. I work to earn money. I have a fun job, but if I was to win the lottery, I’d quit immediately. I do not need to feel like I’ve achieved something. I’d rather feel totally relaxed.

Plus, I think it’s quite an achievement to have created a business that allows you to eat ice cream at the beach on a Tuesday when you’re in your early 30s. All because you started a blog at uni. If that’s not an achievement, then what is?

So, I get them. There is more to life than work.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
I’m not ambitious at all. I work to earn money. I have a fun job, but if I was to win the lottery, I’d quit immediately. I do not need to feel like I’ve achieved something. I’d rather feel totally relaxed.

Plus, I think it’s quite an achievement to have created a business that allows you to eat ice cream at the beach on a Tuesday when you’re in your early 30s. All because you started a blog at uni. If that’s not an achievement, then what is?

So, I get them. There is more to life than work.
Couldn't agree more. If I could afford to say "eh duck it I'll take a walk today and just wander around bookshops all day", I would. If ambition and a sense of pride through your job floats your boat, more power to you but I personally do not understand why achievements need to be proven solely through a stressful career. That doesn't mean I don't resent Anna's sheer dumb luck with her timing of Youtube and blog sometimes but hey, there are even more privileged people living more charmed lives everywhere.

Anna if you'd like an assistant to do the ice cream eating on days you're unavailable, hmu.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’m catching up on her empties video and am baffled by her hair routine. She uses a harsh clarifying shampoo as her daily shampoo then complains about picking bits of dry skin out of her scalp?!?! Well obviously! Gross!

Reactions: 6
I do not envy Anna and Mark sleeping on a sofa bed for potentially multiple months haha! I foresee a lot of weekends away in their future.

Reactions: 9
I am sure Anna being Anna, she will help her parents with house chore and she already mentioned that she cooked for them... She is a complete opposite of her moany counterpart

Reactions: 21
I do not envy Anna and Mark sleeping on a sofa bed for potentially multiple months haha! I foresee a lot of weekends away in their future.
In my family that could cause permanent damage to the family relations, but I’m sure it won’t that way with Anna and her parents.

Reactions: 5
Her moving day vlog is very cute. Moving is bloody exhausting and stressful, I can’t believe how upbeat and non-complaining she manages to be without it coming off as an act. Not even a word of complaint about sleeping on a sofa bed in a fairly cramped room that’s also an office for the foreseeable. It actually is quite refreshing. I wonder does she see how bad Lily can come off (although I would absolutely be a Lily lol if I were moving)

Reactions: 30
That's what sets Anna apart from Lily- Anna just seems genuinely nice, whereas Lily is just a complete energy drain and a moan

Reactions: 20
Her moving day vlog is very cute. Moving is bloody exhausting and stressful, I can’t believe how upbeat and non-complaining she manages to be without it coming off as an act. Not even a word of complaint about sleeping on a sofa bed in a fairly cramped room that’s also an office for the foreseeable. It actually is quite refreshing. I wonder does she see how bad Lily can come off (although I would absolutely be a Lily lol if I were moving)
Ikr I was like how do you look so good when you are moving. Her skin is literally good in the video. I supposed because they aren’t in the chain, and they are essentially moving to somewhere that they know so that take out the stress

Also Mark is organised. My husband literally packed his tit the night before or the morning we have to move

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Also not having to juggle a move and a 9-5 job helps. As well as doing it without pets/children. And I suspect that her parents are not too far away - try moving all your things in one 200 mile trip and you will look a lot more stressed 😂 And I am not even talking about moving to a different country.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The vlog was sweet. Even a weekend trip sets my anxiety off so I applaud Anna for being so chill and positive about it all. I'm sure there were stressful parts throughout but her attitude is lovely. Their new room looks cosy, hopefully the move to the new house will go smoothly. I look forward to the second house move content.

Reactions: 9
Ikr I was like how do you look so good when you are moving. Her skin is literally good in the video. I supposed because they aren’t in the chain, and they are essentially moving to somewhere that they know so that take out the stress
It's so nice! I kept looking at it and being really jealous! I don't get spots but have a lot of redness in my face and if I showed myself without makeup like this, I'd look ill or like I just had a big cry (a 3-day cry haha)!

Reactions: 4
I looked it up. So, he is not the second face of the channel - at least for now.
I do wonder what happened to his degree and job. If they decided she earns enough to pay him a decent salary, why not. Better keeping the money in the family than handing it out, I guess. This has been going on for quite some time. I certainly didn’t see either, an improvement or a regress of her content and editing. But he certainly takes better photos then Lauren. She really made Anna look as unflattering as possible.
I do think it is risky to rely on only one cash cow (like working in the same company) and for a direct hierarchy. She might call him her co worker but in the end he is her (technical) assistant. She has the last word. Time will tell if her content will loose every touch with reality, no that he lives in the same bubble.
The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is, that people have discussed his sometimes controlling behaviour. He was always tight about money because he insisted of contributing 50% and earned much less. I thought it was a bit hard but I could understand where he was coming from. Now, he will probably earn more, has a very good idea what she earns (not just cash but also gifts etc) and is almost impossible to be fired. They have a weird dynamic sometimes and I came across better with only a few appearances over the years.
Interesting bit she mentioned about her sister moving back home at one point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The cynic in me also wonders what happens if they separate or get divorced. Hardly outside the realms of possibility after Amelia, Niomi and Tanya's breakups!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.