The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would never speculate about whether they want children but I'm sure Anna has said she does a few times. If they do have a baby, given how Anna and Mark seem quite principled, I can't imagine they would want to expose said child on the Internet and exploit them for brand deals. But then if Mark is now working with/for her, it doesn't seem that they have any near plans to quit influencing if all of their income is dependent on Anna's job.

Reactions: 6
How do you get a mortgage? Job : er influencer er I get paid to advertise things. I mean what do you write? I think Chris - frugality husband works for her too

I'm surprised that with Mark working with Anna for a year, her content hasn't increased. When I first started following her about 8 years ago, she used to do a blog post every day and two videos a week. She now does Instagram, a monthly newsletter and a podcast as well, but her blog posts are once a week and I don't think she scheduled any work when she was off over Christmas. I would have thought that with a doubled workforce that she would have produced more content.

Reactions: 9
How do you get a mortgage? Job : er influencer er I get paid to advertise things. I mean what do you write? I think Chris - frugality husband works for her too
I’m assuming she’s put self employed content creator. As long as she has a few years of decent accounts the mortgage will be ok. Plus the fact that they’ll have equity from the flat sale will help massively too.

It does completely shock me at how much money is in being an influencer though

Reactions: 5
I'm surprised that with Mark working with Anna for a year, her content hasn't increased. When I first started following her about 8 years ago, she used to do a blog post every day and two videos a week. She now does Instagram, a monthly newsletter and a podcast as well, but her blog posts are once a week and I don't think she scheduled any work when she was off over Christmas. I would have thought that with a doubled workforce that she would have produced more content.
Quality wise is still the same, she is quite consistent with her quality pre vs post-Mark (at least we don’t get poo smeared filter)

Hope she can produce something different now she has Mark helping her

Reactions: 3
When they say he's been "working for her for a year" it's more like he was a director or secretary of her limited company (to allow them both to claim tax-beneficial dividends). This is very common, and I see they're covering themselves in case of an audit by demonstrating publicly that, see! He definitely does do work in return for the dividends (and probably very small salary).

Reactions: 11
Quality wise is still the same, she is quite consistent with her quality pre vs post-Mark (at least we don’t get poo smeared filter)

Hope she can produce something different now she has Mark helping her
But he's been helping her for a year now!
I'd be looking for some added value - more ad revenue, an extra video every month, a big increase in her number of followers, for example - but maybe Anna is just looking to avoid employing a photographer, share the workload and share the wealth?
I don't mean this in any kind of negative or judgemental way but I don't think Anna is particularly ambitious. I don't think she's that bothered about growing her following or being the first to do anything: she's carved out a comfy little niche for herself, and now she's found a way to fit Mark in there too. Dad sandals and all.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Its just really putting all your eggs in one basket by him quitting his job.. because even if its for tax reasons this does seem to be his only job currently.

Reactions: 4
At some stage the influencer bubble has to burst. Is it really prudent to give up a regular career to faff about on IG and YouTube?

Reactions: 9
I’m new to this thread but I’m quite active on Lily Pebbles thread. Watched her video about them buying a house. It’s all very vanilla...

At some stage the influencer bubble has to burst. Is it really prudent to give up a regular career to faff about on IG and YouTube?
I’ve been thinking about this. Like is there a natural end point? Or will we see them with a filtered IG story about getting their bus pass in 40 years time?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She obviously hasn’t done badly out of being an influencer, seeing that they bought a £300K flat and sold it for around £100K ish more (granted they did renovate). Perhaps his and her parents think it’s a good idea for Mark to “work” for/with Anna is she’s making that kind of bank.

I wonder if he actually does anything other than take her photos? Perhaps he’s now just a man of leisure and spends all his day cycling.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
But he's been helping her for a year now!
I'd be looking for some added value - more ad revenue, an extra video every month, a big increase in her number of followers, for example - but maybe Anna is just looking to avoid employing a photographer, share the workload and share the wealth?
I don't mean this in any kind of negative or judgemental way but I don't think Anna is particularly ambitious. I don't think she's that bothered about growing her following or being the first to do anything: she's carved out a comfy little niche for herself, and now she's found a way to fit Mark in there too. Dad sandals and all.
I don’t think that’s their goal though. I think they just can afford doing this without one person having to commute to an office job he didn’t like and the other one travelling all over the place (pre-corona). Now they can enjoy more time together while both slowing down a little bit work wise. I can’t blame them. Why produce more or higher quality content when this works just fine? They generate a nice income and have more free time between the two of them.

Or maybe they’re working towards leaving Gleam. Gleam obviously gets a cut, and by managing yourself, you can work against lower rates.

Reactions: 11
I would have thought that with double the work force for a year she would have done something like daily December videos ( she did the Daily Edit to grow her following when she released her book). Instead she had a break from posting over Christmas. When Fleur had River she prepared content beforehand to cover her maternity leave. Apart from that podcast her content hasn't increased at all since Mark joined her last year. Even if his employment is for tax purposes Mark must be doing something.

Reactions: 4
I would have thought that with double the work force for a year she would have done something like daily December videos ( she did the Daily Edit to grow her following when she released her book). Instead she had a break from posting over Christmas. When Fleur had River she prepared content beforehand to cover her maternity leave. Apart from that podcast her content hasn't increased at all since Mark joined her last year. Even if his employment is for tax purposes Mark must be doing something.
Daily anything gets old very quickly and you can only generate viewers with that for a short amount of time. So there is no point doing that consistently.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.