The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Anna but I have to say I felt some second-hand embarrassment with the latest video. I have seen some of these videos floating around YouTube but they've mostly been done by beauty gurus, some of whom are actual trained make up artists and regularly do other people's makeup. Also, lots of them have to keep makeup so they can do shade comparisons in their videos. Anna's makeup collection is extremely small to begin with (for "beauty guru" standards anyways) so why would it be any smaller if she didn't work in the industry? The video didn't make any sense, other than giving her a chance to fill the description box with a couple of dozen affiliate links.

But of course, since her girl crush Mariah Leonard made this type of video, of course she had to, too. It's becoming more and more obvious that Anna does not really have that many original ideas.
Yeah, her collection is no bigger than those of some of my friends who are really into makeup. Influencers of her style seem more into skincare and body stuff now, like I don't feel like they really talk about using makeup that much.

Reactions: 6
Yeah, her collection is no bigger than those of some of my friends who are really into makeup. Influencers of her style seem more into skincare and body stuff now, like I don't feel like they really talk about using makeup that much.
I agree, other than the price tag of the products, I'd say my makeup "collection" is similar to Anna's.

Reactions: 4
I know I am a bit behind but I’ve just watched the video for the “how we work together”. I was hoping it would be juicer to be honest than literally just... “Mark takes my photos and does some editing. We have a little meeting on Mondays.”
...that was literally it.

I hope she does address a few of the questions in the comments as I noticed someone asked about the financials/Mark’s wages.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Make it make sense! This video is a mighty stretch.

It’s not like Anna is doing colorful or creative makeup looks or has a “kit” for client work. Her everyday makeup is fine for a 9-5 desk job or an academic. She definitely wouldn’t have gotten all that makeup for free if her life had taken a different trajectory, that’s for sure.

Make it make sense! This video is a mighty stretch.

It’s not like Anna is doing colorful or creative makeup looks or has a “kit” for client work. Her everyday makeup is fine for a 9-5 desk job or an academic. She definitely wouldn’t have gotten all that makeup for free if her life had taken a different trajectory, that’s for sure.
Sorry, and another thing! Even as an Internet personality, she’s a follower. She hasn’t “discovered” any new brands that haven’t already been mentioned elsewhere. So even though she has access and the insider ability to find and support new brands, she doesn’t. She’s just like us Normals, but with a YouTube channel, free makeup and a management company.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Oh my god I gave up with this video at about the 4 minute mark. Has her makeup ever looked different? She’s so unadventurous and beige. Boring makeup, boring clothes, nothing ever stands out.
Which is fine, I’m pretty much the same but I don’t consider myself interesting 😂 why has she got followers? What does she influence people to buy?? She seems to have worn the same makeup for years and her clothes are just so uninspiring- I don’t understand the appeal.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I normally give Anna the benefit of the doubt as I am also a boring white lady in her 30s with bland taste, but she lost me the second she pulled out a gifted, exclusive-to-influencers Chanel bag in a video that was supposed to be about what her makeup would be like if she wasn't *checks notes* an influencer. Did Lily plan this video for her?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Well that’s mean even for a tattler 🤣

I mean they’re buying a big house and can probably afford to travel wherever, and buy whatever they want so.. I’d say overall they’re doing ok, even if they are the vanilla Vauxhall vectra of the YouTube world

Reactions: 14
“Even if I were one of you peasants, I would still carry my makeup in a Chanel bag.”

Mm-hmm.

Reactions: 10
This pandemic has shown us just what Anna is - dull as ditchwater. She hasn't been able to use her money to travel to make content. There are some youtubers so full of personality that even their lockdown videos of them just at home have been entertaining. Anna is not one of them. She's bland, unimaginative, boring, repetitive, too safe. How she makes a career from this i don't know. People need to tell her in YouTube comments.

Reactions: 12
“Even if I were one of you peasants, I would still carry my makeup in a Chanel bag.”

Mm-hmm.
Haha, why would she, exactly? Because it has the logo and makes Anna feel better about herself? Maybe a knock off from a holiday destination. I don't see anyone around me who are living on average or slightly above average incomes who feel comfortable dumping 3 months rent worth of money on a bag which will hold their politically incorrect face powders, just because it has the Chanel logo on it. She's so out of touch it's insane. My opinion of her is plummeting by the minute.

• Heart
That make up video looks like any other make up look she posted but in true Anna’s fashion, she think it is extraordinary. The only make up look she did for the past 5 years was the pink eye look - the one that looks like Lily just gave her a punch out of jealousy

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The explanation for the bag was so bizarre as well:

”It’s all in this Chanel bag because... it... fits... in it nicely??” Even she was looking at the camera like, duck, they will NEVER buy that explanation.

Yeah, sure... in real life, you’d be using your primark makeup bag, but whatever you need to do to justify your undisclosed advertisements, I guess.

Also, lol at the comment, “I didn’t get much university work done.” Yes, my love, your blog posts and speaking skills on camera make this very evident.

• Haha
Watching the video now. I'm surprised she even owns a pair of tweezers tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Mm-hmm.
Well, she wouldn't carry it, she only got the bag sent because she "works in beauty industry". Ergo, if she wanted the video to make sense, she shouldn't have used the bag. She should use a bag that another mortal would use for their makeup collection.

Reactions: 7
So she’s purchased a Celine bag because she saw Lizzy from Shot from the Street had it... I’m so embarrassed for her that she admits to blatantly copying other influencers in this way!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
So she’s purchased a Celine bag because she saw Lizzy from Shot from the Street had it... I’m so embarrassed for her that she admits to blatantly copying other influencers in this way!
It was the same with the Loewe, everything she buys is just copied from someone else

Reactions: 6
Why is everyone wanting to be Lizzy? I think she is unique in a way, but why would a vanilla aspire to be another vanilla?
the

• Haha
Can someone explain the logic behind writing a blog post about new ‘pieces’ for Autumn and using photos of you wearing clothes you don’t talk about in said blog post ???

The post is interspersed with shots of Anna wearing a jumper/white jeans combo (walking up and down the same street as usual!) neither of which she talks about in the blog post.

Under a photo of her clearly wearing Birkenstock’s she talks about loafers....:unsure:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Can someone explain the logic behind writing a blog post about new ‘pieces’ for Autumn and using photos of you wearing clothes you don’t talk about in said blog post ???
The post is interspersed with shots of Anna wearing a jumper/white jeans combo (walking up and down the same street as usual!) neither of which she talks about in the blog post.
Under a photo of her clearly wearing Birkenstock’s she talks about loafers....:unsure:
Maybe the photographer* wasn't available?

*Yes, by that I mean her husband who ... lives with her.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.