The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel kind of bad for her because, as an influencer, she’s boring and predictable. She doesn’t set trends (linen?! white on white?! who tf knew), and she blindly follows despite pieces not really working for her or her style. I also think you can really tell she’s not a natural when posing like the tall and thin gals do and she’s definitely a try-hard - the SWF-ing is so obvious. The constant The Row sandals...is this a subtle beg for a potential sponsor/gifting situation?!

But you can’t deny her work ethic, especially compared to Lily. She’s consistent and I’m sure brands are drawn to her squeaky clean and organized image. She’s dependably boring.

This might be controversial, but the fact she didn’t include any bloggers who aren’t tall, thin and white passing is telling to me.

Reactions: 20
This might be controversial, but the fact she didn’t include any bloggers who aren’t tall, thin and white passing is telling to me.
Are you talking about Anna's recreating my fav looks video? Just watching her latest video now, both Monikh and Karina are not white.

Reactions: 7
I guess the idea was to show that you can often recreate looks without buying something new, but I thought the outfits she selected were not special enough to warrant Instagram inspiration.

Are you talking about Anna's recreating my fav looks video? Just watching her latest video now, both Monikh and Karina are not white.
Gah, sorry! I was intermittently listening while doing work, so I must have missed those two mentions 😳 But still, no body diversity and the outfits are nothing different to what she'd wear normally because she's been fangirl-ing these women for months.

Reactions: 2
It’s all relative of course. But this is how it live as well.

I would not consider my wardrobe minimal or a capsule though. I’m honest, I have a lot.

The recreating outfits video makes no sense at all. You’re just putting on your clothes, it’s not “creating” or “styling” a new outfit. We all wear our clothes in different combinations all the time. Wearing a different pair of shoes with jeans is not a new outfit.
I just don’t think fashion & styling is a strong point for her and fair enough. But do something different that plays to your strengths, even better if you can have a positive impact on the world.

Reactions: 3
I commented on these minging sandals before and it just unleashed pages of people claiming to absolutely love them 🤢
You have been warned!!

Also, with TWO of them working on her stuff you’d have thought at least one of them could realise that her face in the majority of her grid photos look like she’s squeezing out a shite after a month of constipation. Why else could she always look so pained? Crop your bloody head off if you must, but please don’t subject us to that grimace again 🥴
I don’t watch her videos anymore, unsubscribed from her YouTube videos as it was just the same linen outfits she was trying to ‘style’. If I wanted to be bored I’d watch sport on tv. I watch YouTube for entertainment!

Reactions: 5
I just don’t think fashion & styling is a strong point for her and fair enough. But do something different that plays to your strengths, even better if you can have a positive impact on the world.
Why should she? She is appealing to a certain audience and to certain brands. Maybe an audience that’s not really into too much fashion and styling, but just likes to see clothes they can see themselves wearing.

While I have a lot of criticism towards the world of influencers, I’m mostly bothered that I keep watching/following certain people, just like you sometimes watch trash tv. The capsule things bothers me so much, why do I even watch that?! But I’m the one to blame, not Anna.

I do not think that influencers have to only do things that play to their strengths. A lot of people are average at their jobs. I also don’t think that they have to have a positive impact in the world. It’s just a job, my job isn’t necessarily having a positive impact on the world either.

It’s up to us as an audience to decide that we have had enough of something. And I think that funnily enough, Anna is playing the bloggers world pretty well, perhaps exactly because she’s not the best at fashion and styling. And definitely because she’s good at the stuff behind the scenes. I’m sure she has a nice network of people and brands she’s worked with.

I found the recreating Instagram videos quite a stretch for “content”, but she’s found a nice way to give a shout out to people and that might pay her back in the future, who knows when the people mentioned may refer to Anna some time in the future.

Reactions: 6
I'm not suggesting her content is any better, he isn't really there to help her with content. Content is anna's side and I'm sure he helps with the rest.
I bet they are earning more now he is working with her, so in that sense I'm sure they see it as him contributing.
But he is there to help her with her content. According to Anna, Mark's takes pictures, shoot videos, edit, etc. If she was going to "hire" someone to help her with her YouTube business, one would think she would have been better off hiring someone who could help her grow creatively and financially. That's the point I'm trying to make. I'm not suggesting he's there to entertain her audience. But while we're on that subject, I could definitely do with less of him in her videos. I don't want or need anymore dedicated videos of Mark baking bread. Bless his heart, he's even blander than she is.

Are they better off financially, who knows. The only consistent work we know he does is take photos of her. Occasionally, he helps her film videos. But Anna still does a majority of it herself. To me, they come off as being a very codependent couple. Which is fine to a point. I'm still not buying he works hard enough to warrant quitting a lucrative career. She just wants him around all the time. Which to me is problematic. His entire world revolves around her. Does he even have any interest outside of her? At one point I remember him taking carpentry classes.Then one day, nothing. He was getting his degree. Then one day nothing. So either he's a bit pathetic and I feel a tad sorry for him. Or he's smarter than I give him credit for and he's a kept man. Maybe a bit of both. All I know is he's another in a long line of YouTube tropes.

Well maybe they deliberately chose to give up his more lucrative career so they can have a more relaxed lifestyle. Not everyone is super ambitious. I certainly would not want to commute to London daily when we can live comfortably with perhaps a little less money. I love my job, but if I didn’t need to work I would have quit yesterday.

He can always go back to work when he wants to. Especially in engineering.

Reactions: 15
He can always go back to work when he wants to. Especially in engineering.
I always wondered why they had to move to Brighton, if both Anna and Mark have to travel to London for work, more so Mark. I know its closer to her family (I don't know where Mark is from) but they probably spent a small fortune on train tickets. From what I have been told it can be very expensive to travel to London.

Was she that desperate to get away from Lily:unsure:

• Haha
I always wondered why they had to move to Brighton, if both Anna and Mark have to travel to London for work, more so Mark. I know its closer to her family (I don't know where Mark is from) but they probably spent a small fortune on train tickets. From what I have been told it can be very expensive to travel to London.

Mark’s from around Birmingham :)

Reactions: 1
Just listening to the podcast and thought about how someone said that mark seems controlling. Anna said they had a row this week where she was using a ‘dirty’ tea towel and they had an argument about it, and he said ‘what do you think you’re doing’ - very odd 🤔

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9

When they moved to brighton it was only Mark working in London, Anna only did meetings in London occasionally. They have said they couldn't afford to buy in London.

Just listening to the podcast and thought about how someone said that mark seems controlling. Anna said they had a row this week where she was using a ‘dirty’ tea towel and they had an argument about it, and he said ‘what do you think you’re doing’ - very odd 🤔
I've always got controlling vibes from Mark. 🤷‍♀️

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Probably because it’s super expensive to buy in London.

Spending a fortune on train tickets is never as much as the difference between real estate prices in Brighton (expensive) and London (super expensive). Plus, I think they really want to have a big garden in the future, which will be much harder to get in London.

But I think it’s mainly a family thing and not needing London that much.

Probably because it’s super expensive to buy in London.

But I think it’s mainly a family thing and not needing London that much.
I thought Brighton was really expensive too, London is probably unattainable for people without a huge inheritance.

Lol at her thinking she works in the beauty industry😂
Yeah aha, I could maybe see the argument for it when she was a beauty blogger, but now she's an influencer and that only way she works in the beauty industry is shilling for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I love Anna but I have to say I felt some second-hand embarrassment with the latest video. I have seen some of these videos floating around YouTube but they've mostly been done by beauty gurus, some of whom are actual trained make up artists and regularly do other people's makeup. Also, lots of them have to keep makeup so they can do shade comparisons in their videos. Anna's makeup collection is extremely small to begin with (for "beauty guru" standards anyways) so why would it be any smaller if she didn't work in the industry? The video didn't make any sense, other than giving her a chance to fill the description box with a couple of dozen affiliate links.

But of course, since her girl crush Mariah Leonard made this type of video, of course she had to, too. It's becoming more and more obvious that Anna does not really have that many original ideas.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.