Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MoniC

Chatty Member
Fuck me, "I will profoundly kiss your ass for using me as a cashcow by watching daily videos with countless sponsored links and ads over multiple platforms. I'm so thankful to be presented sub-par content in your blantant month-long grab for money because I have no standards and the critical thinking ability of a brick."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37

SachaStark

It’s such an odd element of content creation to be so particular about all of a sudden: wanting to wear a clip-on mic to improve the sound quality.

Okay, fine…

… And the actual content of the videos themselves? Improved camera angles for house tours, use of screen recordings when discussing apps on your phone, coherent speech that includes words other than “moment”, “situation”, “Mark” and incessant giggling.

When can we expect these improvements in content creation?

No, no, you focus on making the audio better first. I wouldn’t want to miss a “moment” of it.

• Haha

Luna252

VIP Member
In today’s video they’re going out for their anniversary which according to her IG was 27th May - nearly two weeks ago! Bang-up-to-date content for these ‘daily edit’ videos then? 😂🙄

• Haha
  • Wow

CheshireLove

VIP Member
She's stuck in 2019. Glossier review, Fenty review, Capsule makeup bag with the same stuff she's had for years. Can't be arsed to watch, feels like a Déjà vu....
Also what it the fuck is a capsule makeup bag? It's the normal amount of makeup for someone who's not an influencer or a makeup-collector, stop making banal things into something special ffs
Thank you! It is quite normal to have just one bag of makeup, perhaps a few palettes and a pot of brushes. Most of us don't need to streamline our makeup down to a 'capsule' because it all fits in one place anyway!

These "influencers" get sent so much makeup/skincare for free and earn such exorbitant amounts for the simplest #ads that they don't seem to realise that the makeup they push is actually expensive for us plebs. No grasp on reality.

• Heart

peppin

VIP Member
I get so annoyed at Mark, like fuck off Mark from 2019, I know what you are like in 2021

but yeah, the editing and sound is so much better! AND SHE LOOKS 10 YEARS YOUNGER, how?

• Haha
  • Heart

Sounimpressed

Chatty Member
I hope Mark will not be sampling the milk jugs personally. He has the vibe at the moment. A Mark milk jug situation.

• Sick
  • Haha

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I’m sorry, but I refuse to believe now that this is anything but a parody and the pair of them are just trolling us. In the latest video, Mark is out for the day (in public) wearing white socks and sandals. Just no, no, no.

• Haha
  • Sick

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I can understand her getting free cosmetics and clothing as reviewing and using these is part of her brand, but there’s something just a bit icky to me about her accepting free food and supermarket vouchers, especially at the moment and especially as she’s not really a food influencer. I understand that whole concept of advertising and influencing but someone in a million pound house getting free groceries when there’s an increasing use of food banks makes me uncomfortable. If I were in that position I think I’d be making a point of donating an equivalent amount to charity, or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

peppin

VIP Member
I'm way younger than anna and it seems to me she doesn't really understand how rapidly social media change now. It's not 2011 anymore, people of my own age shoot to the top and then get forgotten...and even if her argument (let's pretend she would participate in a discussion without giggling, lol) was that she targets her own age group, it doesn't add up.

She doesn't appeal to those who followed her from the start with her expensive and tasteless shit and the 'I'm so humble, just spent your whole salary on a pair of jeans I won't wear again' on the loop doesn't help either.

Maybe she wants to dive into the waters of luxurious fashion but I can't imagine someone who's rich and buys stuff themselves actually getting ispired by Anna, let alone following her.

Her content calls for a dramatic change. As does her attitude and vocabulary. (And Mark's work, let's be honest, my grandpa could film a better footage of me than him.)

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I have thoughts about that home tour.

Anna and Mark got fleeced and I’m not changing my mind.

I hope they’ve hired a reputable contractor because the house is so poorly laid out and their room plans are weird. They need to tear out some walls, make the bathrooms bigger, not put their guests in the farting attic where it’s either too hot or too cold, add a small 1/2 bath to the utility area (what guest wants to go up a flight of stairs to pee in an en-suite or go up ANOTHER floor to go in a different ensuite) etc etc etc.

Why would you do another addition for a garage? Just get a garden shed in the yard for all of Mark’s crap.

That landing nook is stupid.

They got fleeced. I hope whatever earnings they got from the Rightmove job paid for the majority of this house because no rational, 1st time renovator would buy that with their hard earned money.

• Heart

Stephanie_Lane

Chatty Member
All these influencers going on about how bad covid is for them and their reasoning... their reasoning is that brand trips have been lost, gifted stays have been lost and freebies have been lost. You ask other people about how bad covid is for them and they’ll say not being able to see family, not being able to support businesses as restaurants were shut and not being able to be there for friends in person. Influencers have lost touch with reality. People like Lily, Anna and Niomi Smart have all been gifted so many things but appreciate nothing. Niomi even got gifted so many free hotel stays in the UK and it just made me wonder. They get gifted stays when people like me have less than £200 a month to spend once bills and food is paid for. These influencers have been gifted treatments once salons opened and they don’t even think of paying.

• Heart
So Anna had to pay for her own Beauty Pie annual membership and didn't have an introductory offer (they are everywhere with a quick Google. She could have used Caroline's or Ruth's!) ? She's just made an AD for Beauty Pie, yet she expects us to believe that she paid for all the products? She's a long-term beauty blogger and has only heard of Beauty Pie which has been here for about 4 years?

• Wow

Justalurker2020

Agreed, if you create content for a living it should be error free >99.9% of the time. In fact, any professional communications should be. Especially in the case of influencers since they literally bill themselves as creators or public figures, PLUS they are communicating on behalf of brands while taking in big bucks for doing so. (On a forum, who cares.)

Anna not only has a helper with eyes and a masters, but she also has a wealth of tech to help with grammar and spelling, literally at her fingertips.

I have a client who is BLIND and she strives not to make errors in her marketing and comms, uses expensive tech to prevent mistakes, and part of my work with her is very much serving as a proofreader, plain and simple. My client wants her content to look good and for it to reflect the professionalism and attention to detail that her business offers. She doesn’t let her “disability” stand in the way of producing high quality marketing content for her wellness business. (As in, she’s not even a “professional” content creator!)

Anna should be ashamed at the lack of effort.
Since we're not over this (and I'm not either):
re:typos – I follow loads of accounts that correct their typos. So if they write 'I'm going to the shopp today' they'll re-post the story with the typo covered with the correct text. So acknowledging that they messed up, basically. Someone who does this literally every time she makes a mistake is Clare from myfrugalyear. But I think I've also seen Stephanie Yeboah do the same, just to name two that come to mind.

re:it being her job – She *could* very easily hire a proofreader for her newsletter, blogs, and sponsored posts. I'm with everyone who's said that basically it's her job to communicate so she should do it professionally. I remember the 'shave *literally* from head to toe' being mentioned in the thread. That's something a proofer/editor would catch because it's an incorrect use of the word. As tattle pointed out, she did not shave off her eyebrows and hair so it was not 'literally' from head to toe. Also, instead of birdwatching Mark could pay the fee to do a proofreading course as they're not that expensive. Then he'd have at least one skill relevant to his 'job'.

re:being mean to people about grammar – People make mistakes, but that's why there's a whole profession dedicated to fixing those mistakes in professional settings. Almost everyone struggles with grammar in some way. If someone ever shames you for it in person, put them in the bin. As someone who quite likes grammar/editing, it really grinds me when people refuse to accept that texts/forums/dms do not need perfect grammar, full stops, etc. But I also think if you can buy a 1mil house off your job, you should notice "they'll" vs "they're". (/endrant)

• Heart
Reactions: 35

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
This girl really needs to up her quality / get another editor - in the first minute of the new video she says we’re more than halfway through the year. SORRY WHAT??? Can she not count??
She probably mixed up her dates because all her videos are prerecorded. This video was probably supposed to go live later in the month because she says "if you like this makeup look (lol) I will link the video, you would have already seen it" There is no link for that video, which is no surprise as the video hasn't been uploaded yet.
God they are such a mess. Trying to make it look like they're filming the whole of June when in realiy half of the vids have been recorded in May.
And then her dim subscribers will praise her for working hard while pregnant 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart

Nbg85

EXCUSE ME WHAT
What is it with this girl and her inability to use things that are not overpriced and fuck expensive? Everything she uses and owns is pricey, her shampoo, lotion, shower gel, makeup, skin care, clothes, everything has to have a hefty price tag or she won't use it. Spending tons of money on something doesn't automatically mean it's any better. It's INSANE
This is what first turned me off Anna, there was a point a long time ago now where she dropped all drugstore products, all Topshop, Whistles (not that Whistles is cheap but obviously too cheap for her) etc and suddenly it was all shirts costing £350, skincare costing £80 all while carrying on the girl next door and 'if we're ever lucky enough to have a house' nonsense

Last edited:
  • Sad

lottie111

I always stand like this in the shower. 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄🤢
I always stand like this in the shower. 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄🤢
Oh dear, I think I’ve just nicked my nipple.

Pregnancy does not change the structure of hair already on your head 🤦‍♀️
Good lord above. They are going to be insufferable parents, always banging on about what little Lord Newton has done every second. I wonder what they will do if he’s racked with colic and screams all day and night for 3 months…..

By the by Anna, your wonderful mate Allaaaana is actually Davison not Davidson. If she’s such a great pal it might be good to get her name right

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow