The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
can relate to this. I moved 4 hours away by myself and felt a lot of the anxiety settle. For me it was because I was always afraid of running into people from my childhood like those I went to school with or old friends, old next door neighbours. Sounds ridiculous but I was bullied and I think the thought of running into those people again especially while I was dealing with an autism diagnosis and past trauma was causing anxiety as I didn’t feel strong enough to deal with it but I didn’t want to still seem weak
You sound pretty kick ass to me ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This isn’t serious so please don’t worry but I was wondering how do you pick a private doctor to do a general health check and is one even possible? Our 1 year old seems to be picking up lots of colds and coughs from nursery which I know is normal but sometimes his breathing sounds really heavy and we have members of family on both side with asthma. He recovers from the colds fine but the breathing randomly just happens and this started maybe at a month old but GP at the time said it’s nothing to worry about. He had bronchiolitis a few weeks ago and it wasn’t serious so A&E didn’t keep him in but it’s louder now. Other than this he’s completely healthy. Our family have also said we should just pay and ask for a general check.

Reactions: 1
This isn’t serious so please don’t worry but I was wondering how do you pick a private doctor to do a general health check and is one even possible? Our 1 year old seems to be picking up lots of colds and coughs from nursery which I know is normal but sometimes his breathing sounds really heavy and we have members of family on both side with asthma. He recovers from the colds fine but the breathing randomly just happens and this started maybe at a month old but GP at the time said it’s nothing to worry about. He had bronchiolitis a few weeks ago and it wasn’t serious so A&E didn’t keep him in but it’s louder now. Other than this he’s completely healthy. Our family have also said we should just pay and ask for a general check.
Yes, it's totally possible! Where I live there happens to be a private GP who works on the floor above my NHS GP. They can be contacted by email, telephone or even via Facebook. You can just have a one off check, no need to be a registered patient etc. I originally looked into it because I needed to keep up with my Depo contraceptive injections during Covid lockdown and my surgery wasn't doing them but the private clinic was, they were even doing house calls!

I'd just google for your nearest ones, pick the one you feel most confident about and give them a call.

Yes, it's totally possible! Where I live there happens to be a private GP who works on the floor above my NHS GP. They can be contacted by email, telephone or even via Facebook. You can just have a one off check, no need to be a registered patient etc. I originally looked into it because I needed to keep up with my Depo contraceptive injections during Covid lockdown and my surgery wasn't doing them but the private clinic was, they were even doing house calls!

I'd just google for your nearest ones, pick the one you feel most confident about and give them a call.
Thank you. I’m sure we know people who have gone private but I’m pretty sure they’ve had private medical care with work.

I’ll look online.

He’ll be off nursery for 2 weeks over Christmas so I’m just curious to know this time off away from lots of bugs if his breathing calms down.

Thank you. I’m sure we know people who have gone private but I’m pretty sure they’ve had private medical care with work.

I’ll look online.

He’ll be off nursery for 2 weeks over Christmas so I’m just curious to know this time off away from lots of bugs if his breathing calms down.
I hope you find somewhere you're happy with. It will be worth it for peace of mind. If it helps at all, from what I've heard from friends whose children have had breathing issues due to lots of illness from nursery etc, it does settle. Some do have asthma but it's been fairly easy to control in the long term. It's just stressful to deal with until they are bigger!

not private but you can take him the pharmacy to be checked over too. Not sure if all do but I know my local one has a guy who is like more trained than a normal pharmacist and as a result can diagnose things like chest infections and sort out eczema and minor ailment type stuff.

Reactions: 3
My child caught everything for the first year of nursery- we were all sick as well. He’s now got the immune system of an absolute rhino. He catches NOTHING at school - even the worst colds give him nothing but a brief sniffle.

Do you use any plug-ins or scented candles etc? My son was allergic to anything like this. We didnt notice as it was mild until he got a cold etc and then it would affect his breathing more for a time.

Do you use any plug-ins or scented candles etc? My son was allergic to anything like this. We didnt notice as it was mild until he got a cold etc and then it would affect his breathing more for a time.
All the time, most days I have a candle lit. I never thought of this. Thank you.

Have you written a list of things that cause you to feel anxious? What is it about where you live that makes you feel like that? It’s an interesting observation that you’ve been able to make - sounds like you could be in to something, being unhappy in your home can really unsettle your mental wellbeing.

Thank you for your kind words.

Half the time I don’t know where the anxiety comes from but I think it is related to the fact that my dad died this exact time last year and I’m now associating this city with this negative memory and my social life is non existent and has been since COVID, so I’m constantly in my own head.

I don’t know if I’m being complaisant or if my feelings are justified, but I simply feel I’ll at ease. This week in London I felt alive again for the first time in a long time.

• Heart
Very first world problem but I’m starting a new job in a few days and wonder if I should place an order for new work clothes because I don’t want to wear the clothes I used to wear in my horrendous soon to be old job. I don’t want to carry that energy with me into the new role.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Very first world problem but I’m starting a new job in a few days and wonder if I should place an order for new work clothes because I don’t want to wear the clothes I used to wear in my horrendous soon to be old job. I don’t want to carry that energy with me into the new role.
Definitely, if that’s how your old work clothes make you feel! Give the old ones a chance at happiness with someone else if they’re still in good nick!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Do it. This going to sound bleeping ridiculous but when i moved house I took everything with me to save money. About a month in I was feeling crappy still and thought well yeah, cause im in a nice new place but wrapping myself in the last places’ tit. So I bought all new bedding and duvet. Felt miles better and I haven’t had that bad energy ever since.

• Heart
I need an outside opinion on a family situation, it's with the in laws. Background information, I'm a stay at home, home educating mum of three little ones, my eldest is school age the other two are toddlers. I have no child care so my children are at home 24/7, I am not complaining about that it's the life I choose and love to have but it does mean that I have no time to do anything outside of looking after them. We are a family of five living in a small two bed house, with three children at home 24/7 it gets messy and cluttered and as fast as I can try to tidy up they make more mess behind me. Again not complaining, we are a happy home.
This is where I need advice because I don't know why this bugs me so much. My in laws are generally wonderful and we have a good relationship but everytime it is anyone birthday in their side of the family they tell us that they are coming to our house when they live in a huge house with plenty of room for entertaining but always want to come to ours. I wouldn't mind if they asked without fully expecting it or if it was just for mother and father in-laws birthdays but its my nephew, my brother in law, my husbands uncle and auntie who he doesnt see apart from on their birthdays. Then my mother in law puts in cake requests, im not a professional baker/cake decorator but on my nephews last birthday she asked me to make a cake and make it look like a scooter because thats what he's into at the moment. Then its the request for decorations to be put up, it's just a lot on top of my full time job of educating my little girl with two little toddlers running around destroying the place. The thing that gets me about the requests for my nephews birthday, his dad (my brother in law) does NOTHING for it he literally just turns up at my house, for his sons birthday not even a thank you no help with anything NOTHING, he could at least host it at his house which is 5 minutes from ours and ask for help with cooking etc, but no its left to me when I have three children of my own.
We have said no before to hosting one of their birthdays at ours because it was not long after I gave birth to my second little one, it was it difficult time becoming a mum of two with my then three year old at home struggling with the change and I had post natal depression so things were getting on top of me, anyway it caused serious tension they were not impressed and they let it be known. I know this isn't a big problem really and it's only a few days out of the year but I think I just don't like the way that its forced. I don't do it for my side of the family, my sister arranges my neices birthday parties, my step dad arranges my mums and we help him with what's needed we usually go to their house, even my children's birthday parties we usually hire a hall but for some reason they need to use our house 🤷🏼‍♀️
Anyway that is my rant over 🤪 You are welcome to tell me that I'm being unreasonable, I just needed to get it off my chest because we just had a request in for the next party. If you made it to the end thank you, the ramblings of a crazy lady 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I need an outside opinion on a family situation, it's with the in laws. Background information, I'm a stay at home, home educating mum of three little ones, my eldest is school age the other two are toddlers. I have no child care so my children are at home 24/7, I am not complaining about that it's the life I choose and love to have but it does mean that I have no time to do anything outside of looking after them. We are a family of five living in a small two bed house, with three children at home 24/7 it gets messy and cluttered and as fast as I can try to tidy up they make more mess behind me. Again not complaining, we are a happy home.
This is where I need advice because I don't know why this bugs me so much. My in laws are generally wonderful and we have a good relationship but everytime it is anyone birthday in their side of the family they tell us that they are coming to our house when they live in a huge house with plenty of room for entertaining but always want to come to ours. I wouldn't mind if they asked without fully expecting it or if it was just for mother and father in-laws birthdays but its my nephew, my brother in law, my husbands uncle and auntie who he doesnt see apart from on their birthdays. Then my mother in law puts in cake requests, im not a professional baker/cake decorator but on my nephews last birthday she asked me to make a cake and make it look like a scooter because thats what he's into at the moment. Then its the request for decorations to be put up, it's just a lot on top of my full time job of educating my little girl with two little toddlers running around destroying the place. The thing that gets me about the requests for my nephews birthday, his dad (my brother in law) does NOTHING for it he literally just turns up at my house, for his sons birthday not even a thank you no help with anything NOTHING, he could at least host it at his house which is 5 minutes from ours and ask for help with cooking etc, but no its left to me when I have three children of my own.
We have said no before to hosting one of their birthdays at ours because it was not long after I gave birth to my second little one, it was it difficult time becoming a mum of two with my then three year old at home struggling with the change and I had post natal depression so things were getting on top of me, anyway it caused serious tension they were not impressed and they let it be known. I know this isn't a big problem really and it's only a few days out of the year but I think I just don't like the way that its forced. I don't do it for my side of the family, my sister arranges my neices birthday parties, my step dad arranges my mums and we help him with what's needed we usually go to their house, even my children's birthday parties we usually hire a hall but for some reason they need to use our house 🤷🏼‍♀️
Anyway that is my rant over 🤪 You are welcome to tell me that I'm being unreasonable, I just needed to get it off my chest because we just had a request in for the next party. If you made it to the end thank you, the ramblings of a crazy lady 🤣
Not unreasonable at all, I'd be telling them to duck off. Your house, your rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The unreasonable part is you not just telling them no. No chance I'd be having that!!

Reactions: 4
Next time one of your birthdays comes up let your MIL know it will be round theirs and you’d like a unicorn cake.

Fking unbelievable how entitled some people are.

Tbh you’re going to have to make your feelings known and duck the “consequences” or else you will have to make peace with this for the rest of your life!

• Heart
It is a big deal! I'd be really irritated by that. Unfortunately though my only suggestion is going to be that you start saying no. Be firm, be polite and do not be guilt tripped. It is appalling that they basically sulked and made you feel bad when you said no last time.

I realise though, that you might just not feel able to say no at the moment. Sometimes it's easier to keep the peace. You could start small by perhaps not "having time" to do the decorations so could they bring those or by saying no to the cake. Anything that will take the pressure off a bit. Please remember though that you are not in the wrong for feeling put upon.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.