The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all, my boiler has currently broke so no heating and the windows are so so bad with condensation, does anyone know the best way to help with this whilst I have no heating?

Hi all, my boiler has currently broke so no heating and the windows are so so bad with condensation, does anyone know the best way to help with this whilst I have no heating?
Wipe the condensation off and have the windows cracked open a tiny bit

My car gets condensation on in the winter and I have little organza bags filled with crystal style cat littler on my dashboard and it stops it

Reactions: 3
Do you know what’s wrong with the boiler? Check the pressure gauge if you don’t. 9/10 times it’s lost pressure you can easily fix

Reactions: 1
Firstly i agree that person clearly has had a few bad experiences and was unnecessarily rude to you.

From my exp..i tried apps on and off was ok..but i do think to meet someone you need to be quite invested but also be light hearted and dont let bad dates put you off. You will meet someone eventually if you want to i really believe in putting signals out, putting it out to the universe. Even saying out loud want you want from life and a person. I eventually met my partner on a walking holiday :) but i know i was just happy having fun and enjoying my life and he walked in to it. I was 42 so took some time to meet!! Dont give up there are good men out there..i really believe in telling the universe what you want and it comes back to you.
Cute pun and story 🖤

Just looking for a bit of perspective… Had an argument with the other half last night (one of a few) because I didn’t like what he was doing and he refuses to stop and says there’s nothing wrong with it. So basically, he will sit on the couch with his balls and other parts hanging out his shorts and be playing with them (not just readjusting, literally stroking and pulling on them). It really winds me up as I find it quite disrespectful and needless, especially when I am eating my tea. He says it’s normal and what every man does, yet agrees he wouldn’t be doing it in front of anyone else or at work etc. Would anyone else find this gross and a bit disrespectful, especially when you have asked them to stop, or am I just being uptight? It really gives me the ick.
As one of the few (?) males on here. W T actual F?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just looking for a bit of perspective… Had an argument with the other half last night (one of a few) because I didn’t like what he was doing and he refuses to stop and says there’s nothing wrong with it. So basically, he will sit on the couch with his balls and other parts hanging out his shorts and be playing with them (not just readjusting, literally stroking and pulling on them). It really winds me up as I find it quite disrespectful and needless, especially when I am eating my tea. He says it’s normal and what every man does, yet agrees he wouldn’t be doing it in front of anyone else or at work etc. Would anyone else find this gross and a bit disrespectful, especially when you have asked them to stop, or am I just being uptight? It really gives me the ick.
Im sorry but this is dreadful. Please leave this guy. Unless he is absolutely wonderful in all other aspects, which i highly doubt this is really horrible. Its disgusting. And especiallly as you have made it clear you dont like it. Absolute horror of a man.

Reactions: 6
Do you know what’s wrong with the boiler? Check the pressure gauge if you don’t. 9/10 times it’s lost pressure you can easily fix
Somethings gone inside it hopefully getting it fixed tomorrow but it’s hard keeping the house warm especially with a baby ☹

Reactions: 2
Yes, the new Virgin Media hubs are totally crap. I have trouble connecting on occasion in a room about 10 feet away and also losing connecting on an Amazon Alexa directly below the hub (Hub is on the upper floor, Alexa is in the kitchen).
Still getting crap service from them, raging! Been on hold for hours this morning (when I’m not being cut off) and they want me to pay £300 to leave despite having had no WiFi for months and shocking customer service. They say I signed up for broadband and they don’t have to guarantee WiFi whatsoever but the Ethernet connection doesn’t work, either. They are a law unto themselves and it’s time blanket exit fees were banned.

• Wow
  • Sad
Still getting crap service from them, raging! Been on hold for hours this morning (when I’m not being cut off) and they want me to pay £300 to leave despite having had no WiFi for months and shocking customer service. They say I signed up for broadband and they don’t have to guarantee WiFi whatsoever but the Ethernet connection doesn’t work, either. They are a law unto themselves and it’s time blanket exit fees were banned.
Have you opened a complaint with them? If so, get to the Communications Ombudsman. It’s not acceptable- most companies have policies to protect you if you’re disconnected and the fact they don’t tells you everything you need to know!

Hello everyone!

I wanted to make a thread about home security but I think I'm too new a member to do that so I've found this thread, I hope you all don't mind!

I'm a single mum, live with my three little ones in a nice area with lovely neighbours. However, this week a couple of nasty break ins have happened in the local area (one included them bringing a knife!) and it's really got me thinking about how safe I am.

My windows are composite triple glazed, my front door is composite, non snap locks & no glazing with a ring door bell and I'm fully insured.

However the problem is my back door is a very old wooden frame (that's falling to bits), wooden door, old mortice lock, with a large single glazed window and it's giving me the heebies.

Between that door and upstairs there are two more downstairs internal doors.

I'm just starting to worry all the time about what could happen..especially coming up to Xmas and darker nights. Has anyone got any ideas on how I can make myself feel a bit safer (on a budget!), I can't change the door (cost).

Welcome any ideas x x
These are great:

Place an old pair of men garden shoes by the door (thrift store)
A guard dog sign.
Or a motion sensing dog barking alarm.
Amazon product

• Heart
Have you opened a complaint with them? If so, get to the Communications Ombudsman. It’s not acceptable- most companies have policies to protect you if you’re disconnected and the fact they don’t tells you everything you need to know!
Thanks, I’d made two complaints since September but there’s “no record” of them. So many people experiencing the same on trustpilot. I’ve opened another today because CISAS can only deal with complaints that have gone through their process. Their attitude was it’s not off constantly via Ethernet so they’re not breaching contract 🤡 I live alone and my security camera has been offline for months now because there’s no ‘optional’ WiFi.

• Angry
Thanks, I’d made two complaints since September but there’s “no record” of them. So many people experiencing the same on trustpilot. I’ve opened another today because CISAS can only deal with complaints that have gone through their process. Their attitude was it’s not off constantly via Ethernet so they’re not breaching contract 🤡 I live alone and my security camera has been offline for months now because there’s no ‘optional’ WiFi.
Trading standards could be the best option, I had a fight with BT because they sold me somthing that wasn't possible, they tried to say they told me what I was getting so I told them to find the recorded phonecall an quite conveniently they couldn't find it so they allowed me out my contract without fees

But try seeking advice from trading standards, in these days everything works off WiFi so to say it's not something they guarantee is BS especially when they must know most people will relay on WiFi

Does anyone have a Beko Freestanding Tall Larder FridgeLSP3671D?

I bought one 2nd hand immaculate condition but for the life of me I can take the door storage trays off. I looked online and it says they lift off seen videos showing they lift off easily. .. I've tried really hard but they won't budge and I'm worried I will end up breaking them. Can't even get the water container off.
Helpppp

Does anyone have a Beko Freestanding Tall Larder FridgeLSP3671D?

I bought one 2nd hand immaculate condition but for the life of me I can take the door storage trays off. I looked online and it says they lift off seen videos showing they lift off easily. .. I've tried really hard but they won't budge and I'm worried I will end up breaking them. Can't even get the water container off.
Helpppp
Yes I have this one! Everything is really stiff, I took the water container off earlier this year and thought I was going to break it. I’ll have another look and see if I can provide some tips.

• Heart
Yes I have this one! Everything is really stiff, I took the water container off earlier this year and thought I was going to break it. I’ll have another look and see if I can provide some tips.
That would be brilliant. I have ordered some WD40 with the straw but would rather not have to use that.

@JoeBloggs I did it! Thanks to you for letting me know that yes they are stiff, it gave me the courage to use a little more force. So thank you 🧡

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
That would be brilliant. I have ordered some WD40 with the straw but would rather not have to use that.

@JoeBloggs I did it! Thanks to you for letting me know that yes they are stiff, it gave me the courage to use a little more force. So thank you 🧡
Fabulous. I was just going to say it’s a case of brute force and upwards! The water tank needs to come off at a little angle. Up and back.

• Heart
It’s not a problem per se but here goes.

I live in Dublin and traveled to London to work from here for a week. For the past year or so, I have been in a constant state of anxiety / panic sometimes for valid reasons, sometimes for no reason. I’ve also had weird bursts of paralyzing anxiety.

The few times I have not experienced anxiety this year were when traveling or away from home. This week in London, I had a lot of stress at work but zero anxiety. I felt like myself again. My OCD has been quasi non existent (when it’s super debilitating at home). It’s been so non existent that I forgot things in various places and didn’t care because I felt relaxed.

I’m now wondering if all the anxiety is driven by where I live and maybe a change of scenery will help me regain my mental health. This week was the first time I’ve felt like my old self in a long time. Carefree, no anxiety, no OCD.

I flying home tomorrow and I now have a pit in my stomach at the thought of my anxiety kicking in again. I’m now wondering if I should think of moving in a year’s time or so.

• Heart

I live in Dublin and traveled to London to work from here for a week. For the past year or so, I have been in a constant state of anxiety / panic sometimes for valid reasons, sometimes for no reason. I’ve also had weird bursts of paralyzing anxiety.

The few times I have not experienced anxiety this year were when traveling or away from home. This week in London, I had a lot of stress at work but zero anxiety. I felt like myself again. My OCD has been quasi non existent (when it’s super debilitating at home). It’s been so non existent that I forgot things in various places and didn’t care because I felt relaxed.

I’m now wondering if all the anxiety is driven by where I live and maybe a change of scenery will help me regain my mental health. This week was the first time I’ve felt like my old self in a long time. Carefree, no anxiety, no OCD.

I flying home tomorrow and I now have a pit in my stomach at the thought of my anxiety kicking in again. I’m now wondering if I should think of moving in a year’s time or so.
Have you written a list of things that cause you to feel anxious? What is it about where you live that makes you feel like that? It’s an interesting observation that you’ve been able to make - sounds like you could be in to something, being unhappy in your home can really unsettle your mental wellbeing.

• Heart

Absolutely no advice but I went through the same thing, I moved out of the home where I tried to unalive myself and felt so much happier almost instantly. A year out of there and my overall mental health had improved tenfold. It was like I’d left a demon behind.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

can relate to this. I moved 4 hours away by myself and felt a lot of the anxiety settle. For me it was because I was always afraid of running into people from my childhood like those I went to school with or old friends, old next door neighbours. Sounds ridiculous but I was bullied and I think the thought of running into those people again especially while I was dealing with an autism diagnosis and past trauma was causing anxiety as I didn’t feel strong enough to deal with it but I didn’t want to still seem weak

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.