The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got blood tests done two weeks ago & I still haven’t heard anything. I rang the doctor last week and was told they haven’t received any results from the hospital. I wonder if I should ring the hospital to follow up?!

I’m worried they may have misplaced the results & I’ll need to do the tests again. I was t checked in properly at the reception. I was told to just go to the blood test room andI gave them my referral letter (which they kept).

I’m still feeling unwell, so I’m eager to know what’s wrong if anything.
Have you got the NHS app? They appear on there immediately

Wouldn't she get disciplinarys first? I think it's a 3 stage before you can fire where you need to do a disciplinary, then written letter with a warning an then a meeting

It sounds like if she would be straight up fired then she's probably already had all those an she's on her last chance, which tbf wouldn't be your fault if that was the case

I hope you can get something sorted though an she doesn't guilt you into anything where your still losing out
Thank you all for the kick to sort it, she went in for the guilt trip big time. Claiming she’s moved other clients to fit me in, not sure how she’s come to that because I don’t have a session booked as she was going to get back to me!
She then claimed she didn’t have the cash due to a massive tax bill, can’t be that hard off.

In the end she agreed to pay me back when she can so that’s something.

I guess it might be classed as gross misconduct as it’s fraud against the company technically.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Thank you all for the kick to sort it, she went in for the guilt trip big time. Claiming she’s moved other clients to fit me in, not sure how she’s come to that because I don’t have a session booked as she was going to get back to me!
She then claimed she didn’t have the cash due to a massive tax bill, can’t be that hard off.

I guess it might be classed as gross misconduct as it’s fraud against the company technically.
Keep badgering her until you get it back. I hope she hasn’t just fobbed you off

Reactions: 3
I would suggest you invest in an external hard drive and then you can download all your photos on there for extra peace of mind
Also print out your best photos! Make photobooks.

I used Inkifi, snapfish and Freeprints. With the last one you just have to pay for postage.

---

Make you also get it in writing, s\too if you just spoke to her. Send her a text confirming everything in summary and hopefully she will acknowledge and confirm it.

I watched the movie "The Founder" about McDonald's start and just don't trust spoken word anymore.

Last edited:

She won’t pay you back unless you take further action. If she intended to she would have done it there and then. You’re going to have to make her transfer the money while she’s with you. Don’t feel bad, she’s the schemer here and she’s used you.

I'm waiting for a smear test and I feel sick with nerves. I know they do them every day and don't give a tit but the thought of me laying there 😭😭
I've put it off since 2016 so I know I need it done but I'm a wreck 😂😂
I need to woman up. I'm 32 fgs 😂😭

ETA it was just as bad as i thought it was going to be. She had to readjust the bed twice with me laid there legs akimbo , she had to readjust the speculum 3 times then use a longer one, she said I was too tall 😂😭. BUT it's done, hopefully for another 3 years. Being a woman is so glamorous

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm waiting for a smear test and I feel sick with nerves. I know they do them every day and don't give a tit but the thought of me laying there 😭😭

ETA it was just as bad as i thought it was going to be. She had to readjust the bed twice with me laid there legs akimbo , she had to readjust the speculum 3 times then use a longer one, she said I was too tall 😂😭. BUT it's done, hopefully for another 3 years. Being a woman is so glamorous
I have HPV and get them done every 6 months, something always goes awry 😂 well done for doing it no matter how scary it felt. I just lost my MiL to cancer and it’s a brutal disease, you’ve given yourself the best chance to protect yourself.
oh, and the nurse thinks of it the same way as an elbow so there’s no need for embarrassment! ❤

• Heart

Soz, I thought this was the rant about thread 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
She won’t pay you back unless you take further action. If she intended to she would have done it there and then. You’re going to have to make her transfer the money while she’s with you. Don’t feel bad, she’s the schemer here and she’s used you.
I wasn't with her in person, as I cannot pin her down.

If she hasn't sent me the money in the new few weeks either I will pursue or make a complaint.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
L

Well done for just going despite the nerves!
I'm 31 and I changed my appointment 3 times before finally going last month.

Because I had abnormal cells a few years ago now I'm always super nervous. Hope your results come back soon all clear!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Soz, I thought this was the rant about thread 😂
Haha. I used to post on the chit chat thread and posted an update on what I'd done that day, Turned out I'd posted it on the Secret Celeb gossip thread. Imagine everyone reading about my trip to B&M and walking the dog, thinking wtf? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Well done for getting it done.

I need to get mine done too. Not gone though it yet though I've seen lots carried out, vaginal ultrasounds and seen births too. I'm a year younger then you but have a lot of shame about it which stems from sexual abuse.

It took me years to go to the dentist too even though my teeth have been relatively okay.

---

I wasn't with her in person, as I cannot pin her down.

If she hasn't sent me the money in the new few weeks either I will pursue or make a complaint.
Also there's always small claims courts too if she doesn't.

• Heart
I've been ill for the past couple of weeks and it's scaring me. I had a blood test about 2 months ago and nothing was wrong except low iron. Would long Covid show up on a blood test? I've been feeling increased tiredness since having Covid in January.

Right now I feel drugged more than tired - you know that feeling where your eyes are closing? I can sleep for 12+ hours and am still unable to function during the day. I'm dizzy and my legs feel shaky when I walk across the room. I haven't washed my hair for about 2 weeks! I can't cook anything. I feel out of it & have brain fog. Have also been feeling sick in the evenings for some reason. I thought it might be PMS but it seems a bit extreme for PMS. I have no other symptoms of a virus. I don't want to bother the GP again after nothing showed on the blood test, but I can't think what these symptoms might be?

• Sad
I've been ill for the past couple of weeks and it's scaring me. I had a blood test about 2 months ago and nothing was wrong except low iron. Would long Covid show up on a blood test? I've been feeling increased tiredness since having Covid in January.

Right now I feel drugged more than tired - you know that feeling where your eyes are closing? I can sleep for 12+ hours and am still unable to function during the day. I'm dizzy and my legs feel shaky when I walk across the room. I haven't washed my hair for about 2 weeks! I can't cook anything. I feel out of it & have brain fog. Have also been feeling sick in the evenings for some reason. I thought it might be PMS but it seems a bit extreme for PMS. I have no other symptoms of a virus. I don't want to bother the GP again after nothing showed on the blood test, but I can't think what these symptoms might be?
Do you have anemia?

And sorry, I know nothing about long Covid. Hope you get better 💜

• Heart

A blood test is only really as good as what they are testing for. Do you know what all they ran the tests for 2 months ago? I would ring back and ask them if you don’t as sometimes they just run the basics. I would also ask them to do a repeat to check that your iron levels have been able to increase again naturally. Get your ferritin level and b12 checked also. Low iron can really cause a lot of havoc.

Also, you are never bothering a Gp. It’s their job and more importantly it’s your health

Hope you feel loads better soon

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Do you have anemia?

And sorry, I know nothing about long Covid. Hope you get better 💜
I have low iron, but the doctor said it's not low enough to be classed as anaemia. I'm taking an iron supplement though.

A blood test is only really as good as what they are testing for. Do you know what all they ran the tests for 2 months ago? I would ring back and ask them if you don’t as sometimes they just run the basics. I would also ask them to do a repeat to check that your iron levels have been able to increase again naturally. Get your ferritin level and b12 checked also. Low iron can really cause a lot of havoc.

Also, you are never bothering a Gp. It’s their job and more importantly it’s your health

Hope you feel loads better soon
Idk exactly what they tested for, but she said that there were no 'inflammatory markers' so I think that rules a lot out?? Not sure though.

Thanks to both of you for replying 💜

As someone said above. Get a full test. Thyroid, anemia, b12, cortisol - the lot!

Have you lost weight?

Do you know how low your iron was? It could be worth finding out an if you can get over the counter stuff or be proscribed anything, low iron can definitely make you feel this way especially if you are also anemic, I'd ask how your vitamin d levels as well as it can cause this

Stress an anxiety can also cause this, I'd definitely speak with your gp again an get more info, also it may help to change your diet a little, eat more foods that's good for iron levels an slow energy release foods

I went through this as well an got blood tests an every time I was just told they couldn't find anything other than low iron an a vitamin d deficiency, I started taking daily vitamin d tablets as well as a iron supplement (was feroglobin liquid it was called) an also tried to keep my sleep on a schedule an monitor my stress an anxiety levels (I always noticed a dip in energy when I was bad) an I changed my diet up a little, I noticed a huge difference in my mood an energy with that

• Heart
As someone said above. Get a full test. Thyroid, anemia, b12, cortisol - the lot!

Have you lost weight?
I have lost some weight, but not a huge amount. Probably because I'm eating less tbh. No one mentioned thyroid so I might ask the dr.

Do you know how low your iron was? It could be worth finding out an if you can get over the counter stuff or be proscribed anything, low iron can definitely make you feel this way especially if you are also anemic, I'd ask how your vitamin d levels as well as it can cause this
Not sure about the iron levels. Maybe I need to ask the GP to check them again? Thanks for the advice about vitamin d & stress. I'm on meds for panic attacks, so it could be a combination of all those things. I hope you're feeling better now??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.