The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a problem as such but we are having a bbq (weather permitting🙄) can anyone give me some other party food ideas mini pizzas etc

Reactions: 1
Not a problem as such but we are having a bbq (weather permitting🙄) can anyone give me some other party food ideas mini pizzas etc
Depends on your guests age and tastes. Not suggesting you’d serve all these things, just ideas to pick from.

If it’s more adults I’d go more accompaniments for the bbq food than different types of food so something like French sticks, garlic bread, pitta bread, pasta (or rice/couscous) salad, potato salad, tzatziki, hummus, chopped salad with feta, boiled eggs, tomato & red onion & mozarella salad, coleslaw. Slices of halloumi, veg kebabs or corn on the cob on the bbq.

If there are younger ones, veg sticks, oven chips, scotch eggs, nachos/crisps/pretzels, pasta mayo salad, quiche, garlic bread. In my experience they eat tons of hotdogs and burgers though.

for something sweet a big tub of Neapolitan with cones, sauces & sprinkles for diy ice creams, marshmallows when the bbq is nearly dead, cupcakes, fruit kebabs (melon, strawberry, grape, tin pineapple stacked on sticks) or as a salad. You can put whole bananas in skin on a bbq, after 10 mins cut open lengthways and wedge in cut up mars/snickers/bounty for another few mins and serve with ice cream.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Depends on your guests age and tastes. Not suggesting you’d serve all these things, just ideas to pick from.

If it’s more adults I’d go more accompaniments for the bbq food than different types of food so something like French sticks, garlic bread, pitta bread, pasta (or rice/couscous) salad, potato salad, tzatziki, hummus, chopped salad with feta, boiled eggs, tomato & red onion & mozarella salad, coleslaw. Slices of halloumi, veg kebabs or corn on the cob on the bbq.

If there are younger ones, veg sticks, oven chips, scotch eggs, nachos/crisps/pretzels, pasta mayo salad, quiche, garlic bread. In my experience they eat tons of hotdogs and burgers though.

for something sweet a big tub of Neapolitan with cones, sauces & sprinkles for diy ice creams, marshmallows when the bbq is nearly dead, cupcakes, fruit kebabs (melon, strawberry, grape, tin pineapple stacked on sticks) or as a salad. You can put whole bananas in skin on a bbq, after 10 mins cut open lengthways and wedge in cut up mars/snickers/bounty for another few mins and serve with ice cream.
Thanks! I must say i am extremely excited about the banana mars bar idea🤣👌

• Haha
Hi all dip in and out of these threads but I am in AGONY right now and need advice. Anyone had facial virus it's like herpes... Not contracted from anyone else it seems when my immune system is shot to bits and my health is bad as it has been lately, I break out and this time it's the entire lower half of my face. Internally and externally it is sheer torturous pain. Big angry red raised lumps burning under the surface. What can I do aside from medications as can't take any. Please help, it's excruciating!

• Wow
Hi all dip in and out of these threads but I am in AGONY right now and need advice. Anyone had facial virus it's like herpes... Not contracted from anyone else it seems when my immune system is shot to bits and my health is bad as it has been lately, I break out and this time it's the entire lower half of my face. Internally and externally it is sheer torturous pain. Big angry red raised lumps burning under the surface. What can I do aside from medications as can't take any. Please help, it's excruciating!
Ring NHS direct if you’re in the UK. Maybe shingles? Hope it eases soon x

It sounds like the cystic acne me and my sister get, sounds really weird but athletes foot cream helps and a wash with salycylic acid in. But as someone above has mentioned definitely have it checked out first

Thanks to you both I'm on hold to the NHS 24 as its excruciating continuously no let ups and after the worst month medically - knew broken in 4 places, 4 teeth Inc wisdom extracted after a prolonged bout of infections/abscesses/toothache, gastritis which saw me hospitalised, now facial virus which is burning.... I'm done I feel drained.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.