The 2 Johnnies #7 The lads are grand, it's Maura we can't stand.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a surprise mauras topic was all about her. God she's really making it unbearable to listen to. Wasn't a great pod today i thought

Reactions: 5
What a surprise mauras topic was all about her. God she's really making it unbearable to listen to. Wasn't a great pod today i thought
To be fair the lads would be pushing to get a bit of scandal out of her tinder - they even went onto Neil but didn’t quite explore that - saving it for the next day I’d say.

These were also recorded before they went away, so I’d say with Pints and the world tour you’d have to give them some credit for trying to get a lot of content recorded. So I’d imagine that they’ve probably been fairly tired. I’d expect that they’ll get back to form when they get back.

Reactions: 2
Yeah they are definitely only treading water while they are doing the tour. I would expect the quality to greatly improve once they come back from tour as they wont have the distraction of the radio show or preparing for PIAF.

Last week's extra pod with the comedian Andrew Ryan was pretty good actually.

Maura's mystery topic was reading out messages she has received on Tinder?! Surely this sort of thing has been done to death at this stage

Reactions: 10
Other people's messages maybe but Maura is different. She's not like other girls 🥱🥱
They did Maura’s ones way back when it started - so she’s single now again it’s probably worth looking at the differences in the messages now she’s got a bit of a profile. I mean for sure it’s with the 2J’s audience but there would def be more lads looking to tell her ‘enjoyed that one there Maura’ but it does also sort of serve as advice to lads of what not to do on your profile! And sometimes the topics maybe around her but they def do educate fellas about how not to be a ‘pimp’!!!
---
Yeah they are definitely only treading water while they are doing the tour. I would expect the quality to greatly improve once they come back from tour as they wont have the distraction of the radio show or preparing for PIAF.

Last week's extra pod with the comedian Andrew Ryan was pretty good actually.
Andrew was good and the Wolfe tones were good, the swingers were good and Craig David was good. I’d say they’ve got some good interviews on the tank I’d say. The 2 influencers one was so poor though. Shows what happens with no research cause they def just bumped into each other and agreed to do it when drunk - when it came to content they only skirted around the topics and could have delved in far more. But then they’d turn into Tattle themselves if they asked the hard questions in that one.

Reactions: 1
The irony I think is lost on Maura when saying she is only getting those ‘who don’t make the starting 15’ when she is in fact on dating apps

Reactions: 4
there was nothing wrong with the first guy and his joke about vegetable soup! it was a decent to good joke. those apps make it very hard to get a rapport going, he made a good attempt IMO (and agreed by the 2 boys and neil!) and maura just dismissed it and unmatched him saying she wanted a compliment! a compliment there would be way too forward and really boring, no 'craic' basically.

if anyone didn't hear yet, johnny b says he thought maura said compliments too early are bad and smacks was straight in with 'that's what maura says John, not what she wants!'. i had a good aul laugh at that, the 2 boys (and neil!) rightly taking the piss of her a bit.

Maura was not showing those messages as a "poor me" she was showing off about how much attention she gets and how much better than those men she (thinks she) is! The truth is that a fair chunk of those guys are probably only messaging her because of her association with the two lads.

Reactions: 10
Maura was not showing those messages as a "poor me" she was showing off about how much attention she gets and how much better than those men she (thinks she) is! The truth is that a fair chunk of those guys are probably only messaging her because of her association with the two lads.
Especially since she has pics up with them. 🙄

Reactions: 3
there was nothing wrong with the first guy and his joke about vegetable soup! it was a decent to good joke. those apps make it very hard to get a rapport going, he made a good attempt IMO (and agreed by the 2 boys and neil!) and maura just dismissed it and unmatched him saying she wanted a compliment! a compliment there would be way too forward and really boring, no 'craic' basically.

if anyone didn't hear yet, johnny b says he thought maura said compliments too early are bad and smacks was straight in with 'that's what maura says John, not what she wants!'. i had a good aul laugh at that, the 2 boys (and neil!) rightly taking the piss of her a bit.
That vegetable soup line has a further bit to it! It’s a very old joke that is supposed to have the Sepam punchline - but followed with a witty follow up - either she didn’t wait for that bit or the message was left too long.
I’d hate to be on the dating apps these days as there seems to be such a divide on what people want and receive.
I’d say she wants the ego boost straight away - but having the lads in the picture means you could at least do some research on her - using comedy as opening lines when she’s with two professional comedians all the time - you’d want a pretty good line which that wasn’t. I’ve also found that you couldn’t just use the same line all the time - so something rehearsed that’s not original is not gonna appeal to any girl. They’d want you to at least have looked at the profile and pick from the hints included as to find a way rather than a template joke that can be used on anyone with a simple copy paste!!
---
The irony I think is lost on Maura when saying she is only getting those ‘who don’t make the starting 15’ when she is in fact on dating apps
Did she not say she regretted not working harder at dating in her 20’s so she sort knows she’s up against it now??
---
What's wrong with people on dating apps?
Nothing. I’d say it’s just an impossible task these days no matter which one you use. They did Tinder v Bumble v Hinge before so I’d say this could be the start of an updated one because in last 5 years a lot has changed in the standards of each.

That vegetable soup line has a further bit to it! It’s a very old joke that is supposed to have the Sepam punchline - but followed with a witty follow up - either she didn’t wait for that bit or the message was left too long.
I’d hate to be on the dating apps these days as there seems to be such a divide on what people want and receive.
I’d say she wants the ego boost straight away - but having the lads in the picture means you could at least do some research on her - using comedy as opening lines when she’s with two professional comedians all the time - you’d want a pretty good line which that wasn’t. I’ve also found that you couldn’t just use the same line all the time - so something rehearsed that’s not original is not gonna appeal to any girl. They’d want you to at least have looked at the profile and pick from the hints included as to find a way rather than a template joke that can be used on anyone with a simple copy paste!!
---

Did she not say she regretted not working harder at dating in her 20’s so she sort knows she’s up against it now??
---

Nothing. I’d say it’s just an impossible task these days no matter which one you use. They did Tinder v Bumble v Hinge before so I’d say this could be the start of an updated one because in last 5 years a lot has changed in the standards of each.
Are the apps not all just married men??? Haven’t heard of someone meeting someone online in years

I'd assume it's just to do with travel and not having to go twice a week but they seemed to have dropped Maura from the Xtra pod, have aifric the last few and they mentioned having some guest hosts going forward.

I'd assume it's just to do with travel and not having to go twice a week but they seemed to have dropped Maura from the Xtra pod, have aifric the last few and they mentioned having some guest hosts going forward.
Oh wow. I might actually sign up so