Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
it's still annoying though, personally I would complain, especially if that's what pushed you to buy it!
Strange reply
Thanks to Traazers' suggestion I emailed them to query it. My reply was different to yours. They said "a few of these had the extra bits missed out of the box sets"?!
But are apparently going to send me a replacement. Idk if these extra bits actually exist?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

grannypants

VIP Member
4 shows at o2 is really insane when you think about it! They’ve come a long way.

How is everyone feeling about the return of the house set for the tour? I was hoping they would scrap it tbh, I think it detracts from the music and they don’t need the theatrics, although I understand that they’re trying to think outside the box (lol).

I’m just nostalgic for the 2019 o2 show I saw with just the plain box lit up in different colours for the different eras 😍 was beaut

DaysOfSpeed

VIP Member
Thanks, he wears it out anyway, so I’m not sure why he thinks it might not fit in.

Maybe he thinks it’s like wearing a full football kit to a match 🤦‍♀️

• Haha

grannypants

VIP Member
I like their older music.. I saw them at latitude a few years ago, Matty must have been at the height of his addiction as he seriously looked like he was just going to fall over and pass out the whole time, it was awful to see. Is he still clean now?
I think he is and honestly, it's a relief. He was obviously in a very bad place in 2017-18 and it would have been such a waste of talent if he had joined the 27 club.

I want to go but I don’t want to go on my own 😂
If I manage to get a ticket I'll be going by myself! I don't really have any one to go to concerts with, so started going by myself a few years ago.
It's great! And I'd definitely have regretted not going to things.
---
This came a day early 😍
Have you opened yours? Mine also arrived today from Rough Trade and I was a bit disappointed. The description said "This 4LP black vinyl package packaging houses four 12" x 12" inserts featuring unseen images, new notes and intros from each member, a real collector's item for fans." But it was just the vinyls and no extra stuff. I don't know if they left part of the old description up.

• Sad
  • Wow

Picklelily

VIP Member
Wondering whether to sack off Christmas this year and tell the kids Santa has spent all his money on tickets and flights to America for me 🤔

• Haha

Kerrie86

VIP Member
Ah they played shes American last night! I don’t know, as much as I love this band, and I do…. I had more fun on the last tour. It was more upbeat, and I think the tiktok hype recently hasn’t helped. I was sitting next to two people who sat down (which everyone else was standing) for all but two songs which they recorded on their phone.
the hype about guests hasn’t helped either, some dates get them and others dont, and it’s a bit of a downer when nobody comes on, even though I’d prefer it with just the band?Anticipation for SOMEONE means that it’s almost expected.

PeteM

VIP Member
There is something very charmless about Matt, whether it's the podcast incident or him taking the piss out of Irish names. It's a shame as I really do like The 1975's music and how eclectic it is.

Lauryloo

Ross was totally down for that kiss

I saw someone in twitter say they thought matty was drunk? I didn't see anything but the kiss, so not sure how likely that was.

Algeronwashere

VIP Member
Oh my goodness

basically me and my friend were just walking around and saw someone who looked like him got a better look and turned out it actually was him, he remembered me and speaking to me in Dublin (madness) and yeah just told him goodluck for tonight and it will be amazing (it was)
Ohemgee! Sounds dreamy! Love celebs that remember their fans.

how was the show? Anything different to reading?

why do they always tour in the winter? No one wants to leave the house in feb!

• Heart

LittlePea

Chatty Member
Aw that was amazing 🫶

The first time I saw The 1975 was 10 years ago at Reading when I was 17. Felt like such a full circle moment :cry:

• Heart

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I really like The 1975 I remember hearing The Sound and thinking I like this. They’re a bit different from my usual music taste.

I’ve never been able to quite work Matty out whether it’s just this tortured soul thing he has or if he’s just conceited. I remember his speech at The Brits and everyone was kind of eh?

tellmewhy

VIP Member
Oh I know, I’m not saying it’s as easy as saying ‘we’ve sold out three dates at the o2 so let’s do Wembley’, but what I’m saying is more… at what point does a band consider playing one big stadium as opposed to selling out smaller shows?
A lot of people wanted to go to London and haven’t been able to get tickets so there’s definitely call for a fourth date. But I wonder if having now committed to four dates at the o2, they are wishing they’d considered a stadium.

either way, i do think it’s a shame they don’t seem to be doing more of the UK.
I honestly hope they don’t start playing stadiums. I prefer them in arenas compared to their outdoor shows

Yano

Chatty Member
Don't know why people are so bothered about what everyone else is doing at these gigs. If tickets are available anyone can buy them, you don't have to be number 1 fan to do so! I've bought tickets to a few gigs this year and I don't know every word to every song or every member of the bands name but I'm still gonna go!

I also got tickets for the 1975 in Cardiff and had a great time focusing on the music not if the person next to me was dancing or knew the words.

StarbucksBubble

What do we reckon on the set list for the new tour ? Played the first show last night of it I think
Pretty disappointing really, apart from the addition of heart out its the same handful of songs as always. They have so many great songs but only ever seem to play the same ones 🤷🏻‍♀️