The 1975

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Holy duck that kiss 🥵
---
Also there’s lots of talk about they’ve been arrested but that could just be the rumour mill going.

Hope they all manage to get home safely

Reactions: 4
I feel sorry for the crowd who paid for a show and only got a few songs. 🙈

Reactions: 10
Of course the Twitter haters have found a way to make Matty the bad guy in this situation.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Judging by the speech Matty gave, he was fully aware the kiss (which was obviously planned) would lead to the gig having to end, and he expressed the fact he didn't particularly want to be there doing the gig anyway. So why agree to do the show in the first place?

It seems incredibly selfish and self indulgent to completely waste your fans time and money by letting them book tickets and spend ages queuing up, only to deliberately sabotage it only a few songs in, purely so you can make some sort of statement and get attention for being a good little activist.

If he wants to protest against the countries laws, why not do it in his own time instead of treating his fans like dirt? It just seems like classic self absorbed "activism" which does nothing aside from stroke his own ego. As a lesbian, I'd have been livid if I'd been at that gig. I certainly wouldn't be patting him on the back for using me and my community as some sort of ego-driven stunt, and wasting my time like that.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Seen a fan say she'd travelled from a different country to see them and was gutted it was cut short. Feel sorry for all the time and money fans spent

Reactions: 7
Of course the Twitter haters have found a way to make Matty the bad guy in this situation.
Twitter has genuinely never been more toxic than it is the past couple of weeks and I’ve been there a LONG time

Reactions: 4
I kind of get it though.
As the above poster said, people have invested time and money into getting tickets for it to be purposefully sabotaged.
I completely stand by everything he has said but I don’t agree with the execution (other than that kiss 🥵🤣). I’d of been absolutely broken hearted to of got to that show and then have that happen.

Reactions: 7
Judging by the speech Matty gave, he was fully aware the kiss (which was obviously planned) would lead to the gig having to end, and he expressed the fact he didn't particularly want to be there doing the gig anyway. So why agree to do the show in the first place?

It seems incredibly selfish and self indulgent to completely waste your fans time and money by letting them book tickets and spend ages queuing up, only to deliberately sabotage it only a few songs in, purely so you can make some sort of statement and get attention for being a good little activist.

If he wants to protest against the countries laws, why not do it in his own time instead of treating his fans like dirt? It just seems like classic self absorbed "activism" which does nothing aside from stroke his own ego. As a lesbian, I'd have been livid if I'd been at that gig. I certainly wouldn't be patting him on the back for using me and my community as some sort of ego-driven stunt, and wasting my time like that.
Think he said they said yes without doing any research on the country.

Reactions: 3
Ross was totally down for that kiss

I saw someone in twitter say they thought matty was drunk? I didn't see anything but the kiss, so not sure how likely that was.

Reactions: 5
The rest of the festival got cancelled :O I can see why people are angry

They shouldn't be angry at what he said (it comes across as people burying their heads in the sand and blindly following the government, instead of acknowledging someone trying to speak out, but I could be wrong), but I get why people are angry now that everything has been cancelled. People who aren't fans of the 1975 but had planned to see other musicians are pissed. Feel bad for everyone, 1975 fans included, who spent money on tickets, travel, hotels etc

Reactions: 6
Ross was totally down for that kiss

I saw someone in twitter say they thought matty was drunk? I didn't see anything but the kiss, so not sure how likely that was.
I’ve seen lots of stuff about him puking etc from fans but not sure how much of that is just malicious rumour because they’re angry

Reactions: 1
I keep seeing posts saying that this has put queer people in Malaysia in danger and I’m not sure if I’m being ignorant or naive, but I was wondering how? Surely they were in danger anyway if it’s against the law or will this mean that it’s bought attention to it and therefore it’ll be harder for them?

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know which tiktok video he’s talking about when he’s acting about his hand placement on a child? I’ve never heard anything about this!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.