Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Didn't pay much attention to The 1975...bit since Matty has been living on my FYP on tiktok I've came to the conclusion I would sell my kidney for 5 mins with him 😍 keep having to remind myself that I am a 30 year old woman with a child to look after and I can't scroll all day looking at him 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9

velvetn0mates

VIP Member
Um ok, but it's still available for sale on your own website :ROFLMAO:🤦‍♀️
I'm so confused!
---

That would be AMAZING, but maybe a bit repetitive for them to play every night? I'd be so happy if they did something like that though!
omg that reply is so unprofessional from whichever company it is i’m ngl like as someone who’s worked in customer service before it’s making me cringe the things they’re saying!!
i’d push for more than a 30% refund that’s a joke and false advertisement too

Reactions: 9

aimzalicious

VIP Member
I had no idea there was a 1975 thread!! They are my favourite band ever, I grew up near them (my friend used to go to the same karate class as Matty in primary school lol) so they have always been very popular around here, even in the early days. My cat is even named after Matty and I've met the man himself out and about when I lived in London and he was very lovely and patient. Can't stand the negative attention he's getting at the mo, I hope he's okay. It doesn't seem to be hurting the band's reputation though - they have more listeners on Spotify than ever! 😏

I've seen them all over Manchester (anyone from Manchester here that remember the Deaf Institute and Academy 1 days?), in London and in New York. Was even lucky enough to get tickets to their tiny War Child gig this Feb but my biggest regret of my life is being too drunk to remember it... 😭 atleast I have all the videos on my phone to piece together my drunken memories 🙏🏻

Reactions: 8

Wizzywoo2

VIP Member
Apparently it's an hour long acoustic set. You lucky people, mind you I watched a live stream of him singing 102 the other night and omg that broke me I was a wreak so I'm not sure I'd survive a whole set lol.

• Sad

Kerrie86

VIP Member
Weirdly I was talking about them doing that on Sunday. I’ve been to a gig before where your phones were locked in pouches so you couldn’t use them.
I WOULD go along with it if it happened, but I’m not constantly on my phone during gigs anyway. But I do think the fandom in general would suffer for it. Currently a couple of fans have managed to raise over 30k for war child by live streaming loads of shows and getting people who watch them to donate.
Equally…. This is matty Healy. Prone to wild sweeping statements with very little follow through most of the time.

tellmewhy

VIP Member
I can understand why he's upset about the little girl, she's a good friend of the bands daughter she's the one who did the drawing on George's drums.The Internet can be poisonous.
It’s so difficult because he does get things wrong sometimes but EVERYTHING he does is twisted and taken out of context. I can understand why he doesn’t respond to a lot of it because it doesn’t change anything but I’m glad he did with this

TalkOfTheGram

VIP Member
Was trying to work out what year I 1st saw them and came across this article from one of the 1st time i saw them live. 300 capacity room 😭 and I remember being front row. I skipped uni that day to travel for the gig. Its crazy how big they've gotten. I can't imagine the chaos if they played there now. The venue was so small that it felt like a church hall. There was enough space to dance and take photos standing. And the crowd was so close to the stage. We literally parked round the corner from their bus at the back stage entrance.

Attachments

• Heart

hol20x

VIP Member
I don’t think it's true that they're together but I'd love it if they were. My two fandoms collide. 🤣

Wizzywoo2

VIP Member
I should imagine Matty wasn't at Jack's wedding so the whole 'Matty & Taylor' nonsense didnt overshadow the actual bride and groom! And George and Matty not speaking come on those boys are brothers.

samwilzrhcp

Well last night was incredible! Amazing setlist, every single member was on point! Especially Polly, I hope she sticks around & features on the next album.

One thing though, at times i thought we were at a 1D concert with all the annoying girls just incessantly screaming like banshees every two minute, fucking idiots.

Oh, and for the next thread title, just simply “The 1975 - Still at their very best”

Reactions: 7

Kerrie86

VIP Member
Apparently matty was with George and Jamie the day after watching the football? So no drama there.
They’ve weathered a heroin addiction, I can’t imagine his (rumoured) ex at a wedding of a mutual friend is gonna be causing them any problems!

Reactions: 7