The 1975

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone watch the Brits last night? Proof that life is a constant struggle for Ross girls was depicted when he wasn’t in frame as Matty was speaking and the band were accepting their award. 😩😂

Reactions: 3
Can someone please summarise what’s going on with matty atm? Why is everyone going off on him on tiktok? I’ve heard one or two clips from that podcast and I didn’t see a problem with what he said

Can someone please summarise what’s going on with matty atm? Why is everyone going off on him on tiktok? I’ve heard one or two clips from that podcast and I didn’t see a problem with what he said
So….I haven’t listened to it, firstly - but from what I gather, things that were said on the podcast that were sexist, racist, misogynous, homophobic, the lot. The general feeling is that it goes against everything matty has been saying for so long. He’s typically so inclusive. People want an acknowledgment of the situation. I THINK (but am not positive) he also did something sort of mocking his fans as well.
Some of the things that were said didn’t come directly from him, but he went along with them and laughed at them, etc. And people are saying it’s not acceptable in general but it’s also somehow more painful coming from matty, who is generally great at making his fandom feel appreciated and seen?
As I said, I’ve not listened to it, but the reaction seems a bit extreme to me. but as someone else put it…. People spend thousands of pounds and lots of time supporting this band, and they feel like he’s throwing it in their faces.
---

Wasn't expecting this so soon!

View attachment 1954851
What’s confusing me is that the wording has changed now! It did say uk tour, but now it says uk show. I’d love another tour! I’d love some sort of redo of the Finsbury tour. That they changed it from tour makes me think it’s not a festival.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I think a day show in London in the summer. We had tickets for Finsbury Park but obviously covid came along.

Ignoring what they changed it from…. ‘Biggest uk show’ is surely Glastonbury. But I thought Elton John was headlining this year. And it seems too early to announce it for next year.
I’d LOVE it to be a day long 1975 show as Finsbury was meant to be. The reaction from the gorilla show proves that’s what fans would be mad for

I’ll cry if they do Glastonbury as I failed to get tickets for the first time in 12 years 😭

Elton John is headlining the Pyramid on Sunday, Friday and Saturday headliners haven’t been announced yet.

I’d be disappointed if it’s Glastonbury. Nobody can get tickets now anyway so actually it’s not gonna be anything 99% of the fan base can get involved in.
I think it’s the most likely answer but I’m not sure why they’d get you to sign up if that was the case.

I don't think it's Glastonbury I think it's a recreation of the Finsbury show or something similar with maybe the same line up. Alot of the original line up are with dirty hit and maybe a couple more now like Rina, that would be amazing as she's so good.

Do we think they’d have the pull to sell out wembley stadium? (Don’t think it is Wembley) just a general question maybe a Hyde park show or another Finsbury Park show?

Do we think they’d have the pull to sell out wembley stadium? (Don’t think it is Wembley) just a general question maybe a Hyde park show or another Finsbury Park show?
Definitely could be wembley or at least a stadium. I don’t think it’ll be something they’ve done before (like a Hyde park type gig)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.