That mummy smile

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
me and my husband grew up in London and both our parents still live there but after we got married and wanted to start a family, we could no longer afford to live there so had to move out to Berkshire. I know so many people in our situation who have had to do the same. Just because our parents weren’t in social housing we had no claim to the place we grew up, I just don’t get this ridiculous sense of false entitlement! It actually makes my eyes roll 🙄! How is she failing to see her own immaturity

Reactions: 3
I've moved all over the country, I'm not even sure where I call 'home' anymore 😂
Same!
me and my husband grew up in London and both our parents still live there but after we got married and wanted to start a family, we could no longer afford to live there so had to move out to Berkshire. I know so many people in our situation who have had to do the same. Just because our parents weren’t in social housing we had no claim to the place we grew up, I just don’t get this ridiculous sense of false entitlement! It actually makes my eyes roll 🙄! How is she failing to see her own immaturity
Yep, it just shows how out of touch she is. She won’t budge because she’s got it good by paying reduced rent in SH. This reduced rent could easily be the same amount out of London and paid for by themselves, not the state. Her husband works and could commute in from the many, many commutable towns that are within 30 min train journeys from major London train stations. She claims she works too so two incomes (eyeroll blogger influencer). Meanwhile, many thousands of us make the effort to live where we can afford. I don’t buy this “my family are here” - thousands upon thousands of us don’t have help either. She’s desperate to justify her house blocking. I’d much rather see a single parent struggling to work and parent to have their house than them. They’re both workers, move to an affordable commuter town.

Reactions: 5
If I had a social housing flat in a fantastic area of London I certainly wouldn’t brag about it and imply it was my right to have it. I’d just count my lucky stars and try to put something back into society. What did she do before she had children?

Reactions: 4
So a box of #gifted Xmas PJs for all the family from M&S..: there is absolutely NO way that M&S knows who TMS even is to be able to actively seek her out to send her such a gift to promote to her followers. She has not got a huge following. I think this just screams how they are the ones contacting the company begging for something free to post about, and not the other way round.

Reactions: 1
If I had a social housing flat in a fantastic area of London I certainly wouldn’t brag about it and imply it was my right to have it. I’d just count my lucky stars and try to put something back into society. What did she do before she had children?
I
Exactly, you'd be keeping well and truly schtum for fear that someone would report you for leaving the property empty for the whole summer every year!

Reactions: 2
I laughed at her advising everyone to shop with small brands as they need the money more than the big chains. Sorry love but I need the money too, why would I spend £30 on a t-shirt for a five year old when I can get it in Tesco for £5? Her christmas 'buys' were hilarious, a desk (made from ethically sourced wood) as a main present for a young child? I think my child would be very angry at Santa for that :LOL:

And then swanning around at an Asda Partaaay

Cannot believe the audacity of ‘That mummy smiles’ stories today which tell us to ‘not spend money in the sales’ and to ‘save your money for experiences to have as a family’.

It’s ok though for us to spend money on: New Boilers, sky kids watches, Juice Jelly pouches, Oliver Bonos dresses, parka coats, or any of the other crap she’s been trying to flog us.

Reactions: 8
Cannot believe the audacity of ‘That mummy smiles’ stories today which tell us to ‘not spend money in the sales’ and to ‘save your money for experiences to have as a family’.

It’s ok though for us to spend money on: New Boilers, sky kids watches, Juice Jelly pouches, Oliver Bonos dresses, parka coats, or any of the other crap she’s been trying to flog us.
Yes and don't forget her encouraging us to spend x10 on small businesses because they need it, as if we don't :unsure:

I cannot abide this woman. She blocked me for hinting ever so subtly that MOD is perhaps not the only gramwanker to troll the competition. Didn't accuse her directly. Sensitive much?!

I need to get off my chest the story she did at Halloween berating the poor minister of her church (she goes to church when it suits her insta page!)
She accused him of not supporting her school application despite claims to be a dedicated Christian and all the time doing this what dressed in a Halloween costume?! Yes I know people who believe in God also get dressed up for Halloween but come on, maybe choose a better time to moan about the church!!
Good call Rev, good call.

And I used to like her until the scales fell from my eyes.

“My year in pictures” stories blaaaaaaah nauseatingly lazy and narcissistic. Only followed her after Alice in wanderlust drama. duck she’s a boring cow.

She’s put a photo of herself up alongside Kylie Jenner on her last story and tagged her, big boobed girls she says. 😁😁😁😁.

Yes , you’re a tit Laura.

And before Xmas it was all, “please shop small this Christmas, support independent businesses...” even though, generally, they’re almost always more expensive and us mere mortals have our own bills to pay.

Another 'caring mum' who uses their child's illness for content!
How utterly low class she is , watching over your poorly child while documenting it all for social media , I’m sure he was her absolute priority but getting it all online was a close second.

I noticed that she’s now known as Laura Rutherford (Her real name) aka the Influencer previously known as That Mummy Smile. Wonder if her momma, That Granny Smile, will now change her name? She’s also taken out the word influencer previously used in her description, and is calling herself a blogger. Her post of New Years Eve is rather cringe. She definitely reads here. Hi Laura!

Last edited:
  • Haha
I noticed that she’s now known as Laura Rutherford (Her real name) aka the Influencer previously known as That Mummy Smile. Wonder if her momma, That Granny Smile, will now change her name? She’s also taken out the word influencer previously used in her description, and is calling herself a blogger. Her post of New Years Eve is rather cringe. She definitely reads here. Hi Laura!
That Mummy Smile was such a twee cringe name.

Ooooh!

Fair play to her ditching that name. Wonder if content will change in any way.