Tennis šŸŽ¾

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Andy is having a procedure on his back tomorrow and they will know more after that. I doubt heā€™ll be able to play Wimbledon or the Olympics but hoping for a miracle!

Andrew knobhead Castle is wondering what the procedure is šŸ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Sorry if already posted its a trailer for a documentary about Andy Murray which I'm assuming they will show before Wimbledon starts
Yes itā€™s already available to watch on the BBC iplayer. I watched it last night. Nothing new in it from other ones theyā€™ve made about him but it does makes you appreciate how much he achieved in the same era as Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, especially his Olympic achievements. Well worth a watch.

Reactions: 3
Yes itā€™s already available to watch on the BBC iplayer. I watched it last night. Nothing new in it from other ones theyā€™ve made about him but it does makes you appreciate how much he achieved in the same era as Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, especially his Olympic achievements. Well worth a watch.
I used to often bemoan that he was part of that era because it was a case of think of all the titles and slams he could have won in a different one. Now I think playing in that era lifted his performances and made him a better player. One of if not the finest athlete this wee country of mine has ever produced.

I'm actually getting a bit emotional thinking about that era ending. Lots of new exciting young players but I will never be invested they way I was from 2004 to about 2017

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Andrew castle will fill the air with such crap. There's lots of things the BBC does well in, and lots that show it's a dreadful organisation. I'd say ridiculously poor biased articles or documentary they did on tattle still pales into significance with giving Andrew castle work!

I heard from a friend in the UK that on their Samsung TV there's the tennis channel international for free that has queens with the US commentary. Hope that helps!
Not sure why BBC can't get rid of the old white men tennis commentary club with Lloyd and Castle. None other reputable tennis channels use them knowing how useless they are. Castle did not even win ONE ATP tournament when he was playing and yet he always sounds like a know it all. Most of the time, he sounds like some sort of papprazzi giving nonsensical gossip. Henman, Annabelle and Jo Durie are way better in providing the proper insight and knowledge when it comes to tennis commentary. Annabelle should actually replace Balding as Queens club/ Wimbledon host as it's so obvious that Balding is out of her depth when it comes to basic tennis knowledge. Half of the time, she just behaves like a fan girl when it comes to players she adores and can't remain objective/professional.

Reactions: 8
Not sure why BBC can't get rid of the old white men tennis commentary club with Lloyd and Castle. None other reputable tennis channels use them knowing how useless they are. Castle did not even win ONE ATP tournament when he was playing and yet he always sounds like a know it all. Most of the time, he sounds like some sort of papprazzi giving nonsensical gossip. Henman, Annabelle and Jo Durie are way better in providing the proper insight and knowledge when it comes to tennis commentary. Annabelle should actually replace Balding as Queens club/ Wimbledon host as it's so obvious that Balding is out of her depth when it comes to basic tennis knowledge. Half of the time, she just behaves like a fan girl when it comes to players she adores and can't remain objective/professional.
I really dislike Claire getting the tennis gig. Sheā€™s better suited to horses. I miss Sue, itā€™s not the same without her ā˜¹

Reactions: 4
This! Donā€™t get me started on John Inverdale too, what do all these men have on them.

Reactions: 1
iā€™m a broken record on this subject but i truly donā€™t know why the bbc only ever had andy roddick for one wimbledon. he was knowledgeable, funny and could draw on really recent experiences. but they never had him back and iā€™m not sure if he does commentary anywhere else.

they desperately need a younger more recent pro on the coverage for some kind of balance imo. agree with all the comments about annabelle, who is really engaging. i havenā€™t forgiven clare for saying ā€œoh good! princess charlotte is there!ā€ when we were following carlos to the balcony last year šŸ¤£

For anyone that doesnā€™t follow him on insta

Heā€™s dating a woman that has reached a high of world number 2 in a competitive sportā€¦wonder what they discuss for their future? Her just giving it all up to give him a child?

Well Women and Men aren't the same so he's not wrong nor is it a disgusting thing to say, actually there are a few Female Tennis players that have done exactly that and Garbine Muguruza is on record as saying she wants children and doesn't want to combine playing and Motherhood. Jo Konta also retired to have a family because that is what she wanted to do.

It's not disgusting, but personally it's a šŸš© when someone is sharing trad wife memes. It's a hard pass from me Stefanos!

But plenty are into that after the decades we've had of pushing the lie that you can have it all.

For anyone that doesnā€™t follow him on insta

Heā€™s dating a woman that has reached a high of world number 2 in a competitive sportā€¦wonder what they discuss for their future? Her just giving it all up to give him a child?
Didn't they split up ?

If so makes you wonder if he's having a dig at her

Apparently not, I thought they had too but Garbine was quoted in an article that she didn't like how she has been made to feel because she wants to centre motherhood over career. Maybe Paula feels the same or maybe not. Either way she won't be a trad wife as she has plenty of her own money.

Feel like a bit of a jinx that the year I finally get tickets the 3 remaining of the big 4 are all injuredšŸ«£
I think a final would still be great though! I'd love to go one day, at least Wimbledon final tickets are affordable. I looked at going to the Miami finals and it was stupidly expensive, and it's only a 1000.

I think a final would still be great though! I'd love to go one day, at least Wimbledon final tickets are affordable. I looked at going to the Miami finals and it was stupidly expensive, and it's only a 1000.
Yes I was surprised how affordable they were, I got day 2 tickets on centre court and were only Ā£70 each, which for 3+ matches seems a bargain when people pay that for one football game. I saw tickets for the Laver cup the other day and theyā€™re out of their mind, think some were Ā£1200 each, even further back in the stands I saw some for Ā£400

I was also shocked that the tickets were Ā£70 (also got centre court tickets). Iā€™ve never been before but was expecting Ā£100+.

The ticket prices for the show courts at Wimbledon do increase as the tournament progresses. I enter the public ballot every year and last year was offered tickets for the men's final. I didn't take them up because I couldn't bear the thought of having to watch Djokovic win! And what a match I missed out on.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The ticket prices for the show courts at Wimbledon do increase as the tournament progresses. I enter the public ballot every year and last year was offered tickets for the men's final. I didn't take them up because I couldn't bear the thought of having to watch Djokovic win! And what a match I missed out on.
Oof what a match to miss! Can I ask how much the tickets would have been? Iā€™ll be entering the ballot again, super excited for my first wimbledon visit on day 1 šŸ˜

Enjoy those who are going to Wimbledon this year. I've been lucky enough to go twice and seen Andy play too ā¤ Whatever day you go you'll have an amazing time!

To make up for slagging off Castle all week can I say I really love Andrew Cotter - love his accent and his wry humour.

Wimbledon will have Kyrgios commentating for them and I know!! he is a troubling man (I canā€™t help but like him - I hate myself for it) but his commentating was really illuminating at the US open I think it was as a recent player

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.