Temu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couldn't find a thread only a few passing comments here and there

I had a look at the website to see what all the fuss was about not intending to order but I came across an item I wanted that was a quarter of the price it was listed as on ebay so I thought why not, so I ordered it along with two other inexpensive items.
Came today after about a week since ordering and I was quite impressed over all the item I wanted originally from ebay was exactly the same one of the items was slightly damaged but I think that happened in shipping as it arrived in a bag not a box and can be fixed it was under a pound so probably wouldn't of bothered sending back anyway.
I have placed another order (beauty items) to see what they are like.
I have seen people saying it's all cheap crap and they wouldn't order which I guess some things are like wish but I was genuinely pleased with what I received.
So has anybody ordered? And what did you think?

Reactions: 5
I've been unsure to try it because of so many people telling me how bad it is an how sometimes what they advertise isn't what they send an the quality isn't great (which TBF all these sites you aren't going to get great quality like shops) so I've kept away from it an instead went to shein which I've found so far to be amazing, I've gotten mostly all my work clothes from them

Reactions: 3
Just from the sheer bombardment of advertising Temu has been inflicting on us, at the moment it's a no from me.

(I do reserve the right to change my mind in the future however!!!)

Reactions: 16
After being bombarded with ads all over socials I succumbed to temptation and went down a rabbit hole of looking at things I didn’t really need

Then had a deal on so ordered a heap of stuff out of curiosity 😂

Due this week will keep you all posted

Reactions: 4
I've watched a few youtubers doing temu hauls and seems to be the usual story of half of it arrives broken and the other half looks nothing like the picture.

Also I have a Facebook friend who is constantly posting invite codes and links to some kind of games to get credits?! And with that and the non stop yt ads I'm really over it already

It just feels like it's gonna be another Wish type website? Not sure, haven't properly looked. But that cheap items, dodgy quality, longish shipping times.

But I am also absolutely pig sick of the relentless YouTube adverts for it.

The advert gives me the ick for humanity. Saying this as someone who uses AliExpress for a few specific things. 😶

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It's a no from me as I've seen a number of cases of them ripping off small business owner's unique designs, and selling them for so cheap that of course no one is going to buy the legit item from the original creator. I can't stand businesses that work on a theft model so I won't be giving them any of my money.

Reactions: 10
I've just received my second package beauty and jewellery and I'm still not sure, in some cases you get what you pay for some of it is really cheap and nasty other bits are actually good quality for the price.
I think the packaging let's it down if it comes in a package rather than a box it does get squashed leading to damages.
Would I order again 🤔 yes I would but I would be more deserning on what items I order not a fail but not a triumph either.

I wasn’t sucked into the whole click my link and win credit crap. People were sharing constantly and getting nothing back! But I have ordered twice, mainly T-shirts for nursery for my daughter. So cheap and I don’t worry if they get damaged there lol. Ok quality but wouldn’t buy much else.

Reactions: 2
I honestly look at half the photos in the ads and think a first year graphic designer on a midnight bender just made up the pix

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I saw a youtube video where she found the exact same items on Shein, Temu and Wish, then ordered them and compared them. I think it’s the same stuff from the same factories but different production runs? Let me find that video…

I saw a youtube video where she found the exact same items on Shein, Temu and Wish, then ordered them and compared them. I think it’s the same stuff from the same factories but different production runs? Let me find that video…
Yeah this is one of the ones I watched! It was so odd that there were differences, I expected them all to be the same tbh

Reactions: 2
I'm glad this thread exists. I'm very intrigued by sort of the ads I'm getting. Things that I have no need for but I just want. Like:

Screenshot_20230608_165439_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230606_190757_Chrome.jpg

I also want this next one for more practical reasons, it also looks quite therapeutic

Screenshot_20230608_233841_Facebook.jpg

Also, does anyone just keep getting the ad for the Tardigrade plushie?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yes...
I bought a pair of ankle gumboots for NZ$8 (special deal, including free shipping - which arrived in 4 working days) ... they are amazing! Sizing is perfect; they're well-made. I've seen the same ones in Kmart for NZ$27.

Reactions: 1
Just from the sheer bombardment of advertising Temu has been inflicting on us, at the moment it's a no from me.

(I do reserve the right to change my mind in the future however!!!)
The SHOP LIKE A BILLIONAIRRRRREEEEE, TEEEEEMUUUUU TEEEMMMUUUUUU SHOP LIKE A BIOLLIONNAIRRE and then the creepy multiple voices whispering, creeps me out, I cannot lie. That advert almost sounds demonic.

The prices I’ve seen on adverts seem ridiculously low that I can’t help but think factory workers are being exploited. How can they sell a backpack for £1.50, etc.

Reactions: 7
Placed my first order (then 2 more...had a 50% off £30+ orders x 3 😆). All dispatched. 2 awaiting their flight lol one just saying shipped.

Lets see what arrives.

I needed none of it. NONE OF IT 😆 kept getting lured in like ooh that's handy, ooh that'll be good. Bet I use none of it pahahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm sure I read as China is classed as an "emerging economy" they benefit from paying next to nothing on fees to post here and the recipient country has to cover them instead... so on principle its a hard no from me!

Plus I already have a house full of tit I don't need so definitely don't want more stuff for the sake of it!