Temu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ordered from Temu for the first time and theoretically the items should have been great but the packaging is so insufficient that half of it was broken. They don't bother to protect the items when they ship them 😞 just shove them in a bag and send them off on their merry way. I got a refund on one item at least and it was quite easy to do, I did not even have to return anything.

On the subject of design copying I admit I find it frustrating trying to figure out what's "real" anymore. For example, I love washi tape. I go on Etsy and I see cute washi tape for X amount and then I see the exact thing on Alliexpress and it's half the price and clearly the same. Similarly I found a website selling cute claw clips and then found the same designs on Temu for half the price. I just see similar items popping up on different sites and different prices and I find it so hard to even tell what's the real source or if there even is one you know? So I end up just buying the cheapest because I look at the curated shop or Etsy store and I just think - why pay the middleman if it's not theirs? But I guess it could technically be theirs it's just so hard to tell. Everything seems to be coming from the same factory in China!

Reactions: 3
I ordered from Temu for the first time and theoretically the items should have been great but the packaging is so insufficient that half of it was broken. They don't bother to protect the items when they ship them 😞 just shove them in a bag and send them off on their merry way. I got a refund on one item at least and it was quite easy to do, I did not even have to return anything.

On the subject of design copying I admit I find it frustrating trying to figure out what's "real" anymore. For example, I love washi tape. I go on Etsy and I see cute washi tape for X amount and then I see the exact thing on Alliexpress and it's half the price and clearly the same. Similarly I found a website selling cute claw clips and then found the same designs on Temu for half the price. I just see similar items popping up on different sites and different prices and I find it so hard to even tell what's the real source or if there even is one you know? So I end up just buying the cheapest because I look at the curated shop or Etsy store and I just think - why pay the middleman if it's not theirs? But I guess it could technically be theirs it's just so hard to tell. Everything seems to be coming from the same factory in China!
The images on some products are most definitely stolen! I’ve seen things with the brand name of the product on it and then it some the brand names are been photoshopped out but it’s 100% the same thing as it’s the same photo that the company have used to advertise the product way before Temu came along. What product you would actually recive is a different matter though, would you receive a good copy or a cheap nasty product that looks nothing like picture.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
It's a no from me as I've seen a number of cases of them ripping off small business owner's unique designs, and selling them for so cheap that of course no one is going to buy the legit item from the original creator. I can't stand businesses that work on a theft model so I won't be giving them any of my money.
TEMU have ruined my small business.
They have taken my high quality images from other well known websites in the UK and ripped off the designs selling them for peanuts.
I have been selling these items for nearly ten years and now I’m facing a financial nightmare.

I’m on medication, and I think really this will be detrimental on my whole future and that if my family.

Not only have they stolen my products they have stolen my images so my face body and hands are all over TEMU - as they are in China they don’t care about Intellectual Property so despite numerous requests to take them down and proof of my Trademark - they refuse.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I have ordered things from temu and they are most certainly very cheap crap, some things have broken very easily and all in all definitely not worth the cost imo.

I bought my niece a dress from Boden last year. I’m new to Temu and was scrolling on it yesterday and they were selling the same dress (judging by the pics!!) I was gobsmacked. I even used a photo of the dress I actually bought and Google lense-d it and Temu came up as a result!

I’ve ordered some bits and bats. Am I going to be disappointed?

I bought my niece a dress from Boden last year. I’m new to Temu and was scrolling on it yesterday and they were selling the same dress (judging by the pics!!) I was gobsmacked. I even used a photo of the dress I actually bought and Google lense-d it and Temu came up as a result!

Trouble is they are renowned for stealing images from legit stores and sellers. They don't give a tit about copyright and unfortunately there is often a load of crap sent that beara no resemblance to what is advertised. Sadly it is meaning that legit traders cannot compete with their illegal and immoral actions

• Sad
Reactions: 5

It's going to come back to bite them because they've been ripping off so many small businesses and stealing their ideas and creativity, but their quality is dirt cheap and very fast factory-based. It's basically just a replica. I hope they crash and burn and get what's coming to them, I don't even like the fact their whole website operates on the urgency of 'grab it while you can/stock lasts' tactic to get their sales coming through non-stop. I think it's disgusting so many youtubers are doing small hauls buying cheap crap from the company and saying how good it is when it's clearly not and they don't realise how it's affecting legit business owner's livelihoods around the world.

Reactions: 6

If you’re expecting good quality items yes you will be disappointed. If however you are expecting poor quality items then no you won’t be disappointed, you may even be pleasantly surprised. I got some water colour paints from them and they are better than I expected, I expected kids quality cheap crap ones. Now don’t get me wrong they aren’t artist quality but for someone like me who just paints for fun/relaxation then they were well worth the money. Also got some fleece lined leggings from there as they were slightly cheaper than primark, they are primark quality but not quite as thick but still warm and I’m not going to cry if I ruin them at work like I would an expensive pair.

Reactions: 2
They're good at returns/refunds I've found. Just refunded me on a dress and said could keep it
They did that to my mum too.

Hate to admit it but I love Temu. My kids love all the cutesy Kawaii stuff and I have a top I ordered from there that is one of my favourites now. It's well made and washes and dries brilliantly - no ironing needed! Same for a hoodie I got my smallest boy. I've got a brilliant wreath for the door for Easter which is a bunny butt and my kids can't wait to put it up. That said, I'm sure some stuff is crap, its a bit of a lucky dip I guess. I always use Paypal as well.

I’ve bought a cheap dress for my niece, don’t expect it to be brill quality. She can wear it for nursery if it’s crap 🤣 I got her hair slides and I got myself odd bits for myself like a new hair catcher for the shower plug

They're good at returns/refunds I've found. Just refunded me on a dress and said could keep it
Did you have to give a reason why you wanted to return it?

I’ve bought a cheap dress for my niece, don’t expect it to be brill quality. She can wear it for nursery if it’s crap 🤣 I got her hair slides and I got myself odd bits for myself like a new hair catcher for the shower plug

Did you have to give a reason why you wanted to return it?
Just had a tick box, think I chose quality but I didn't have to actually return it

Anyone know anything about Ali express. Want to buy my niece some clothes and the price says it’s before tax. Does anyone know anything about how it works? Do you pay customs on top? Thank you.

Anyone else finding temu has really hiked their prices up lately its definitely getting more expensive now Its getting really popular alot of things now aren't really much cheaper than ebay

Anyone else finding temu has really hiked their prices up lately its definitely getting more expensive now Its getting really popular alot of things now aren't really much cheaper than ebay
Not been on it for a while but sometimes amazon is a tiny bit more expensive bit with same/next day delivery so not worth ordering off temu.

What’s the deal with this Temu game everyone is doing?! Seems like a scam
Wonder if it’s a way of harvesting data? People apparently have to share the link to friends and use their email address and mobile number to sign up as well.

What’s the deal with this Temu game everyone is doing?! Seems like a scam
Everyone I know that has done it has always been 1 point away from winning, definitely a data fishing scam
---
I’ve never used it but a friend git me to download it and dresses were about £20… if im paying that price I’d go to a proper shop. The cheap prices seems to be more kids clothes and accessories

Reactions: 2