Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Same, so glad it’s not just me 😂 he never seems to suspect either! Sometimes I’ll toy with him and “guess” something that’s going to happen and he’ll be like “how did you know that?” 😭🤣
😂😂 I’m not as good as you, I get carried away with my “predictions” and it becomes so obvious I’ve seen it 😭😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

bowtiesarecool

Chatty Member
Thank you so much for your reply! It’s ‘nice’ to know I’m not the only one suffering with this. I thought it could be this too but the fact I use tweezers and scissors made me think that it wasn’t that?
But your reply gave me some hope because I feel so alone in this and it stresses me out. I do want to speak to my doctor but I think I need to build up the courage first.
I'm so glad I read this thread. I've picked and chewed skin on my fingers since I was a teen (I'm in my late 30s now). I also pick skin my feet, and use nail clippers to help do this too.

I've always thought I was a bit of a weirdo for this, but knowing I'm not alone is something.

I only do my feet when I'm super stressed - I've not been for a while so they're ina good state right now. My fingers are not so great right now, and the fact that I also nail bite does not help 😔

• Heart

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Yes I know how Type 1 diabetes and diabulimia works. I've been diabetic for 25 years, this has been an issue for majority of it tbh. I've been in dka before, not even bc of this tbh. I've asked for help before, it hasn't worked, and I'm sick of the bamboozlement from medical professionals in understanding. I'm not recommending, I'm just saying this is what I do to make myself feel better.
This past year I've said fuck it, I'll do this till I'm at a happy weight. Life is not going the way I want so I'll make it as happy as I can make it while I'm still here. I've had to retire early from work bc of health (not bc of this). I loved my job. I miss it. I miss a lot of things.
I just want to be happy in my body as best as I can. I want to be skinny, I want to feel nice, feel beautiful, I want to eat whatever I want, whenever and if I don't want to eat then I will not eat. T1D and MS have stood in my way all my life. I refuse to be fat in a wheelchair, I refuse to be too heavy for my husband when he helps me with being mobile & function. I need to keep any independence I can even if that's with food & weight.
That's my secret, that's what I do to survive, it keeps me going.
You need serious help - you are in the grips of a full blown eating disorder and you need professional medical help.

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’ve chewed on the skin around my fingernails since I was a child too. I still do it and I’m in my early 30’s. It’s just one of those things I can’t help, but it’s definitely worse when I’m feeling anxious.

• Heart

bowtiesarecool

Chatty Member
I’m a terrible nail biter, have been since a toddler according to my mum, tried everything to stop, I also pick my feet & toe nails as I can’t stand having my toe nails long so I pick those too, cutting them goes through me, but picking the skin off my feet is so therapeutic to me, I’ve done it that bad before I’ve made them bleed same with my toe nails. I find stripping wallpaper/peeling paint therapeutic as well people say I’m weird.
It's refreshing to read that people have the same compulsions. I felt so alone about it all.

I love having nice painted toenails but once they get to a certain length, I tend to self sabotage by picking them or cutting them very short 😭

Reactions: 3

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
@BettyCrockerr

All I can think is that the half sibling used births and marriage certificates to obtain the information. Our last name though not unusual isn’t very common either so I guess found me that way .

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Oh my goodness. You are not a freak & I'm sorry you feel like that. I just wanted to comment because you are not alone with this. I do it too. My feet are awful, my hands are heading that way. There is a name for compulsive skin picking - Dermatillomania. Mine gets especially bad when I'm stressed. Could you perhaps go to your doctor, as they might be able to help. I hope you get some relief from this problem.
Thank you so much for your reply! It’s ‘nice’ to know I’m not the only one suffering with this. I thought it could be this too but the fact I use tweezers and scissors made me think that it wasn’t that?
But your reply gave me some hope because I feel so alone in this and it stresses me out. I do want to speak to my doctor but I think I need to build up the courage first.

• Heart

bozlem3080

Chatty Member
I'm so glad I read this thread. I've picked and chewed skin on my fingers since I was a teen (I'm in my late 30s now). I also pick skin my feet, and use nail clippers to help do this too.

I've always thought I was a bit of a weirdo for this, but knowing I'm not alone is something.

I only do my feet when I'm super stressed - I've not been for a while so they're ina good state right now. My fingers are not so great right now, and the fact that I also nail bite does not help 😔
I’m a terrible nail biter, have been since a toddler according to my mum, tried everything to stop, I also pick my feet & toe nails as I can’t stand having my toe nails long so I pick those too, cutting them goes through me, but picking the skin off my feet is so therapeutic to me, I’ve done it that bad before I’ve made them bleed same with my toe nails. I find stripping wallpaper/peeling paint therapeutic as well people say I’m weird.

Loveit17

There was a thread like this. It ended up with people talking about the kinky stuff they've done and wouldn't admit to anyone.

I'm not sure if the thread got removed for being to explicit.

My biggest secret is how many times I sat my driving test. I never disclose that to anyone I know in real life.
Same! I lie about that all the time! A couple of people know!

Reactions: 1

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
My absence from the dentist started with a nightmare trip resulting in a hospital visit. I recovered, steeled myself, went for hypnosis, went to a dentist who put me to sleep in the waiting room and did all my fillings and other work, got the hygienist to show me how to clean forensically, and never. ever. went. back.
Well done.