Teen Mum Young & Pregnant UK #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blanket on her in this weather too! It’s the evening but it’s still bloody warm!
I’ve noticed a few times she’s had a blanket on when she’s outside in the hot weather. Wasn’t sure if it was me being picky, poor Harlow must be sweating!

Reactions: 2
I’ve noticed a few times she’s had a blanket on when she’s outside in the hot weather. Wasn’t sure if it was me being picky, poor Harlow must be sweating!
I’m not sure why people do it, if it’s to protect from the sun there’s sun cream for that and if it’s because blankets are “cool” to touch at first, they eventually heat up so.. I’ve never done it myself and don’t get it either! 😂

I stayed quiet on this one but I found her school and have been wondering whether or not to notify them for days. It doesn’t sit right with me being in that profession. If that’s her conduct with 19 year olds, what is it with 18, 17...16 year olds.
It’s absolutely fine and why would you risk someone’s career, we had a teacher who went out with an ex pupil, nothing they can do once you leave school

Precisely, still posting and she had her nails done? How on earth can you socially distance getting your nails done? I have a handful of clients outside of my full time job and stopped prior to lockdown and I have no plans to restart in the near future mainly because either I would be going to their home or them mine. I’m in Scotland so the rules might be different but I thought salons were further down the list of being back to work?
Lots is people are doing stick on sets that they post out

Reactions: 4
It’s absolutely fine and why would you risk someone’s career, we had a teacher who went out with an ex pupil, nothing they can do once you leave school
She wouldn’t lose her career. It’s not a case for instant dismissal nor would she be put on an action plan for it. She’d be reminded of the safeguarding policy her school has and how to conduct herself online. Like I said social media is frowned upon

I’m not sure why people do it, if it’s to protect from the sun there’s sun cream for that and if it’s because blankets are “cool” to touch at first, they eventually heat up so.. I’ve never done it myself and don’t get it either! 😂
Nether have I, I’ve heard far too many tales of children overheating due to having a blanket (over prams and on babies etc). It doesn’t take long to put suncream on a child 😂!

Last edited:
I know all of you mean well but I’m so glad I had my child when I did 20 years ago before social media etc. She’s turned out great but I reckon I probably would have been pulled up over many things over the years like forward facing car seat from age 1, walkers, door bouncers and making multiple bottles up in a morning for the day! Amongst other things-I never cooked a homemade meal when she was 1-2 🤣 had a cot bumper, cherry teat dummy’s etc. She had the best childhood! But seriously I know everyone is well meaning if it was your mate making a mistake you’d have a quiet word. These girls are getting slated for every single thing they are always just learning their downfall was going public. I mean mrs hinch had 3933738383 comments yesterday about whether her child was rear or forward facing. I like this forum but sometimes it’s a bit 😳

Nether have I, I’ve heard far too many tales of children overheating due to having a blanket (over prams and on babies etc). It doesn’t take long to put suncream on a child 😂!

Got to say the blanket thing has had enough publicity that you would know, and suncream on a child should be as natural in our climate as making sure they are hydrated

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Off subject! But guys Emma finch replied to me and her responses were amazing.. So mature, kind, polite and just all around lovely! She said she’ll keep us updated on a new series .. but yeah she was a pleasure to talk to.. in general she was always my new fave.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know all of you mean well but I’m so glad I had my child when I did 20 years ago before social media etc. She’s turned out great but I reckon I probably would have been pulled up over many things over the years like forward facing car seat from age 1, walkers, door bouncers and making multiple bottles up in a morning for the day! Amongst other things-I never cooked a homemade meal when she was 1-2 🤣 had a cot bumper, cherry teat dummy’s etc. She had the best childhood! But seriously I know everyone is well meaning if it was your mate making a mistake you’d have a quiet word. These girls are getting slated for every single thing they are always just learning their downfall was going public. I mean mrs hinch had 3933738383 comments yesterday about whether her child was rear or forward facing. I like this forum but sometimes it’s a bit 😳

Got to say the blanket thing has had enough publicity that you would know, and suncream on a child should be as natural in our climate as making sure they are hydrated
Totally agree with you , absolutely everything they do someone finds a problem it’s like they are worlds perfect parents well sometimes there isn’t a wrong or right way of doing things you do what you thinks best for YOUR children and mistakes may be made but you learn from them sometimes is nice to give credit to people instead of always finding the bad and pulling people apart

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I respect this but it's also important to remember that the rate of deaths and serious injuries in infants and children has fallen massively since 20 years ago through what we know now regarding e.g. sleep safety, feeding guidelines, car seat safety. The internet wasn't at everybody's fingertips 20 years ago and social media was almost non-existent so whilst it seems like things never happened 20 years ago, it's really just that it wasn't reported or shared nationwide. The evidence speaks for itself. "I did it and my kids are fine" is just not an OK attitude to have. Me now know that rear facing until 4 reduces the risk of death by collision by 500%, we know weaning before 6 months increases the risk of life-long medical issues, we know that overheating is a huge factor in deaths of infants (pram and cot death) as is leaving them to sleep in car seats for prolonged periods of time, we have recorded infants dying by strangulation or suffocation from cot bumpers time and time again.

I do get what you're saying. I really do. But it's a matter of know better, do better. I promise that using a safe car seat, weaning when baby has a mature gut and following safe sleep guidelines really doesn't compromise a kid's childhood. 😊 I don't think anybody should be slated for doing something that's unsafe - but I do think KNOWINGLY ignoring safety is unforgivable. And honestly, if you were told that rear facing is 500% safer, ignored it, and your child suffered a life long injury or worse, would you still ignore the guidelines? Probably not. You'd never forgive yourself. No parent would. 🤷‍♀️ None of these parents who lose their children in tragic accidents would still do the same thing if they could go back. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Off subject! But guys Emma finch replied to me and her responses were amazing.. So mature, kind, polite and just all around lovely! She said she’ll keep us updated on a new series .. but yeah she was a pleasure to talk to.. in general she was always my new fave.
I really like Emma. She has her head screwed on and comes across really well

Reactions: 5
I respect this but it's also important to remember that the rate of deaths and serious injuries in infants and children has fallen massively since 20 years ago through what we know now regarding e.g. sleep safety, feeding guidelines, car seat safety. The internet wasn't at everybody's fingertips 20 years ago and social media was almost non-existent so whilst it seems like things never happened 20 years ago, it's really just that it wasn't reported or shared nationwide. The evidence speaks for itself. "I did it and my kids are fine" is just not an OK attitude to have. Me now know that rear facing until 4 reduces the risk of death by collision by 500%, we know weaning before 6 months increases the risk of life-long medical issues, we know that overheating is a huge factor in deaths of infants (pram and cot death) as is leaving them to sleep in car seats for prolonged periods of time, we have recorded infants dying by strangulation or suffocation from cot bumpers time and time again.

I do get what you're saying. I really do. But it's a matter of know better, do better. I promise that using a safe car seat, weaning when baby has a mature gut and following safe sleep guidelines really doesn't compromise a kid's childhood. 😊 I don't think anybody should be slated for doing something that's unsafe - but I do think KNOWINGLY ignoring safety is unforgivable. And honestly, if you were told that rear facing is 500% safer, ignored it, and your child suffered a life long injury or worse, would you still ignore the guidelines? Probably not. You'd never forgive yourself. No parent would. 🤷‍♀️ None of these parents who lose their children in tragic accidents would still do the same thing if they could go back. 🤷‍♀️
I've got to agree with every point. Educate don't slate! Know better, do better 🙌

Reactions: 7
I've got to agree with every point. Educate don't slate! Know better, do better 🙌
Facts are not attacks. 👏

It's like with the twins and the walkers thing. YES they were held back YES they probably would've been walking sooner if they hadn't spent so much time in jumpers and walkers - but pretty quickly after it was discussed here, Charlotte acted on it and we saw the girls playing on the floor and shuffling around and now quite quickly they're toddling. No she shouldn't have used the walkers so much to start with but she took the advice on board, held her hands up to her mistake and she changed it up. She didn't sit there gobbing off as most girls her age do and saying "I've always used the walkers and the girls are fine!" And that's what it's all about, to me. 🤷‍♀️ I think the very nature of criticising (even constructively) somebody's parenting comes across as slating and "mum shaming" (vom) when really it's often concern.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Totally agree with you , absolutely everything they do someone finds a problem it’s like they are worlds perfect parents well sometimes there isn’t a wrong or right way of doing things you do what you thinks best for YOUR children and mistakes may be made but you learn from them sometimes is nice to give credit to people instead of always finding the bad and pulling people apart
I understand this and agree with you to some extent.

However, when Charlotte isn't doing the things to help her babies develop, people are going to be very vocal on it. I get it's probably hard with double the work with no help when the dad is far away trying to become a lil rapper. I never experienced twins. But it's no excuse to not take them to baby clinics to check weight n development milestones n take health visitors advice. It may even be why she's had a social worker (don't gimme the because she's under 18 bull crap)

Her girls could have been walking months ago considering how quickly they've learned to crawl, move about and now walk. They are definitely fast learners. I feel that if we didn't voice our opinions and Charlotte didn't take note, they would still be in bouncers. Its even a debate of why she posts more of brianna than isabella. But she's posting it for us to comment on. Kinda like she wants to cause some stuff for herself.

They are all young mums but 3/4 I don't see issues with their parenting choices. I don't see the issues that everyone else sees with Harlow as she is a little chunker who is clearly well fed and loved. But everyone else is different.

Reactions: 3
I really like Emma. She has her head screwed on and comes across really well
I know it’s a different series but out of everything Emma will ALWAYS be my favourite. I adore Megan and alesha but Emma is just something else in a good way. And her mum is also such a good soul. Not to say the others aren’t but I get such a good vibe from Emma and her family. Also she’s the youngest out of every series and has done tremendously.

Okay I’ll hold my hands up and say I’ve dug out Charlie for her choice of clothes on Harlow and I’ve dug out Charlotte on her twins not walking properly.. I will not make excuses for myself but in my opinion I find it abnormal but I’ve worked in a nursery and never seen that before. I could be wrong but I’m open minded and I feel sorry for Charlotte because as a young mum twins must be hard. I’m 23 and couldn’t imagine life with twins. I’ll always give credit to her.

As for Harlow nothing is wrong with her but Charlie feeds her carbs and puts her in ridiculous outfits x

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.