Teen Mum UK #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as I totally disagree with piercing babies ears... I've never known a little girl to not want her ears pierced (boys are obviously very different)

But I remember my niece really wanting her ears pierced when she was younger and my sister took her a few times and when it got too real for her she panicked and cried not to have them done!
The fear of something like that is awful so I understand why some mum's choose to have it done as babies. It does sometimes benefit them later down the line I guess?

But Emma is just stupid and it's for her not him.
He's really just a fashion accessory to her!

Reactions: 4
I have to say I had my ears pierced when I was a baby and glad my mum had them done then as I’m a massive wimp.... but saying that I wouldn’t get my daughters ears pierced until she can make that decision herself!

Reactions: 5
Hate piercings on babies and the "they won't remember it" argument doesn't fly with me. Leave it till they are old enough to ask ffs
I think it’s simple.
A child that age can not give consent so you shouldn’t do it.

Reactions: 28
My daughter had her ears pierced when she was a baby. I was very reluctant but it’s part of my husband’s culture to do it early. I made sure it was done by a professional and it was a very clean.

I do feel Emma treats her son as a prop and getting his ear pierced is just the latest thing to show him off. I can see her getting it done in Claire’s or by a mate

• Sad
Reactions: 9
It's common in some cultures to pierce your child's ears at a very young age
FGM and child marriage is part of some cultures, doesn't make it ok 🤷‍♀️ you wouldn't piece a baby's eyebrow, belly button, lip, tongue... So why their ears?

• Heart
Reactions: 53
FGM and child marriage is part of some cultures, doesn't make it ok 🤷‍♀️ you wouldn't piece a baby's eyebrow, belly button, lip, tongue... So why their ears?
That’s pretty extreme. You can’t compare child marriage and mutilation with ear piercing

Reactions: 22
I’d be more worried about a baby pulling it out. I get that some parents may do it because babies won’t remember the pain but it seems dangerous to me. I was 14 when I was allowed to get mine pierced and I’m glad I was old enough to know. I remember the build up to it, I was so excited and my parents were able to enjoy the experience instead of having to pin my down so I didn’t move 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 11
My daughter had her ears pierced when she was a baby. I was very reluctant but it’s part of my husband’s culture to do it early. I made sure it was done by a professional and it was a very clean.

I do feel Emma treats her son as a prop and getting his ear pierced is just the latest thing to show him off. I can see her getting it done in Claire’s or by a mate
Was it done by a needle? If it was by a gun, it wasn’t professional as they can’t sterilise the gun 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I got my ears pierced when I was 6 months old & I don't feel like I was abused or like I should have got the option, its something that's never bothered me or that I ever think about. I think its one of those things that is a personal decision for each parent to make for themselves as to when is the right age.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I got smacked on my bum for attempting to climb into a hot bath and I’m not traumatised but doesn’t mean my mums panic instinct was right. Pierced ears on babies are vanity only and no need for it. That’s the end of my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Has chloe lost tit loads of weight or is she a pro at editing photos?
She ALWAYS looks slim in her insta then when the new series of Teen Mom UK airs she will be the same size Chloe she has always been. Nothing wrong with her size anyway but it's so deceiving

Reactions: 14
I've been rewatching all the episodes recently (it's easy afternoon watching!) and today I watched the one where Megan cuddles up to tel and asks him if he 'wants to make babies this weekend' 😬 and he just mutters that baby's are easy but boring.
I love seeing the dramas on social media now, when only a year ago she felt that was a reasonable request to make 😅

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Chloe wears either a dress/top that is like sack on her or something that is a size too small. She doesn't seem to have an inbetween. I dont think she's big at all, she just has tit taste in clothes and feels the pressures of being very slim for insta so does a good edit or 3

Reactions: 5
It’s not about her getting her kids ears pierced? It’s everything she does as well
Taking him in taxis nearly every day with no car seat
Feeding him bones
Treating him like an inconvenience to her life
Not strapping him in properly

getting his ears pierced is a small part of it

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.