Teen Mum UK #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We all know people can be edited, and in all fairness Charlie did not get a flattering edit at all. Not saying he was an angel by any means!

Shannon thinks he's a big bad bastard, yet when Theo had a tantrum she called Charlie to come and get him. So which story is she trying to push?

I can't imagine she would be the kind of co-parent who would OK him coming round one night I'm the week to do bedtime either.

Reactions: 3
What is this latest thing as well of everyone calling each other narcissists .. sure there are many people who are actual narcissists and whom have narcissistic traits but people throw the word around so easily .. Charlie didn’t give me that vibe tbh , he didn’t seem very intelligent either, ffs he didn’t even realise u had to earn a certain level of money to get a 300k mortgage 😂 he didn’t seem very manipulative or cunning to me, just a prick.

And if anything narcissistic people come off amazing around a lot of people and he would’ve been trying to look amazing on camera if that was the case but he came off just a normal lad tbf who was a bit self centred but I don’t blame him for finding Shannon annoying 😂 calling people narcissists just seems like a new trend and people don’t actually understand the depths it goes to
I agree with you as much as he was a dick he didn’t come across as narcissistic. That word is used far too much lately. Some people would be shocked to meet a narcissist

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The type of person that he comes across online can't say it's hardly surprising that has happened to his car.

There's two sides to every story.... and then there's the truth. I don't doubt that Charlie is a tit Father, we saw that on the show, but Shannon was also a right pain in the arse as well do I doubt she makes it easy for him even if he tries to be a Dad...
Agreed. I’m sure he’s very much only Disney Dad but also I think she loves being the victim and loves him being tit. She wouldn’t want him to be involved in their day to day care.

Also he’s not a narcissist 🤣

Last edited:
for someone that works full time all week? that’s every other weekend both days what more does she expect ? if he had every weekend it’s unfair as she would only get the routine things in the week. Picking them up after work is a possibility maybe here and there but of course he’s going to treat them as he doesn’t see them a lot so they will just be hyper. I’m sure he still lives with his parents also, if he had his own place maybe he could pick them up a few nights a week and have them stay there but what about child care when he needs to go to his job ? We all saw how she was on the show she was very moany she would just moan if he gave them back to her when he started work in the morning
Charlie dat u ?

Reactions: 7
That’s usually what a court will give to dads. If they fight they can get more. Or some parents choose to do half and half but I personally think that’s quite a lot for a young child to cope with moving between two houses. Ive had experience of this and with cafcas and even they discourage that. Every other weekend is seen as the normal amount for a child to spend with their other parent. As a mother I was happy with that as I hated being away from my children but knew they should spend time with their dad too. If I was a dad though I would want more time. But it’s what’s best for the children at the end of the day. If Charlie is a narcissist it’s not healthy for him to be around those children anyway. So as little time as possible is best. She knew what he was like when she chose to have children with him so I don’t know why she is slagging him off publicly now. Not a great thing to be doing as the kids will pick up on stuff like that.
How is that too much for a child to cope with as people break up every day and it's also surprising how well kids adapt to a new environment. Children needs their fathers aswell so I see nothing wrong with the childcare being equally split if its possible. Them cafcass people are very biased speaking from a personal experience as 9 time's out of 10 they always side with the mothers when it's supposed to be what's in the best intrest of the child. And whether Charlie is actually a narcissist or not that is still not grounds to be saying he shouldn't be allowed equal access to his boys.
Also think it's disgusting how you are charged per application to go through the courts as it should be free. These are my personal opinions of course though.

Reactions: 1
It could.. and I repeat could be that Charlie only sees the boys on those said days because they’re the into days Shannon allows.. but there’s two sides to every story, then there’s the truth. Something I feel we will never know with Shannon 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 5
No babe just someone who actually understands and is reasonable unlike Shannon and all the other bitter baby mums on here 😂
Don’t think it’s fair to say ‘bitter baby mums’ because 4 days a month is awful. Mums work full time too, can’t just leave the child can they 😂

Reactions: 21
Don’t think it’s fair to say ‘bitter baby mums’ because 4 days a month is awful. Mums work full time too, can’t just leave the child can they 😂
Shannon doesn’t work full time does she though , she just pops out kids so she doesn’t have to get a job. How about Charlie takes full custody of the kids then if it’s really so horrific for her , doubt she’d allow that …no more dole money 😂

I work part time and go to college as well . on the days i pick my daughter up from childcare at 5 her dad doesn’t finish till 5 either if he asked to pick her up at 530 which is how long it would take to get to me from where he works, to take her to his house 20 mins away , to eat dinner just to bring her back for 645 so not even an hour spent there as her bedtimes at 7 i’d say no.

It’s too much for her she’s only 22 months, in and out of the car when she’s hungry for her dinner at 5 and tired from the day so she’d just whinge at him then just to give her dinner and pudding and then back in the car he wouldn’t get quality time with her really. If he wanted to come to mine and give her dinner and a bath whilst i sit in the bedroom and revise or catch up on work then that’s fine but unlike Shannon i don’t have a new boyfriend who i’m pregnant with. I can’t imagine it’s comfortable to go into her flat and see the boys with another man there and eat dinner with them and bath them.

It’s each to their own anyway everyone has different opinions. i personally think 4 days a week even though it’s not a lot or doesn’t sound like it ,when you look at the bigger picture ie working late hours and unfair to have them all weekend every weekend as then Shannon can’t do much with them with Theodore being in school, it’s fine.

If Shannon does eventually work full time then maybe Charlie could take one or two half terms off a year to help look after the boys when they’re both in school and on holidays ,but that’s for them to decide ,plus she’d have another child to sort childcare for.

Last edited:
  • Sick
I think someone’s bothered because their childcare situation looks a lot like shannon’s and has taken what some of us said to heart. No one here is bitter, if your situation works for you, then brilliant, knock ya socks off with it. What is too much for one child isn’t too much for another, what works for one family doesn’t work for another.

I think 4 days is piss poor and I stick by that, no need for name calling or paragraphs on your own situation. We’re talking about shannon and charlie, not you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I think someone’s bothered because their childcare situation looks a lot like shannon’s and has taken what some of us said to heart. No one here is bitter, if your situation works for you, then brilliant, knock ya socks off with it. What is too much for one child isn’t too much for another, what works for one family doesn’t work for another.

I think 4 days is piss poor and I stick by that, no need for name calling or paragraphs on your own situation. We’re talking about shannon and charlie, not you.
I started off the whole thing by saying “4 days is quite a lot” it’s everyone else on here who got bothered by what i said 😂 i keep saying everyone has different opinions and move on yet people are coming to me and putting stuff and calling me Charlie 😂 i’m gonna stand by what i said too. Only reason i’m explaining my situation is because it’s probably similar to Charlie and Shannon’s except some people don’t understand that kids need routine and there isn’t that many hours in a day. Especially for someone who works 7-5 everyday not including travel time.

Charlie shouldn’t of been bashed online end of ,if she had a problem she should of took it up with him personally, not bash him for having a full time job and working so he can have money to spend on his kids 😂 Not everyone can pop out babies and sit at home on the dole. He wasn’t a great help to her on the show but she was also very very lazy and clearly still is.

I think 4 days a month is fine and you don’t end of.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.