Teen Mom young and pregnant UK #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i cant believe she actually posted it wow okay.. yeah this was the video i was talking about, i think a lot of you can agree with me that it sounds like she says bleep but either way its not nice to call her baby a cow either, i cant believe shes giving me so much attention on her story over this just to post it and show everyone that what i said was true 😂

i cant believe she actually posted it wow okay.. yeah this was the video i was talking about, i think a lot of you can agree with me that it sounds like she says bleep but either way its not nice to call her baby a cow either, i cant believe shes giving me so much attention on her story over this just to post it and show everyone that what i said was true 😂

Reactions: 10
I’m sure its advised against strapping babies in highchairs in case they choke and you need them out quickly instead of faffing about. Realistically babies shouldn’t be weaned anyway unless they can sit up and fully support themselves so they should be able to sit in a high chair comfortably without sliding etc.

Reactions: 13
I don’t strap my little girl in her highchair. I don’t feel the need to. She sits well, supports her body herself and if god forbid she was to choke I wouldn’t want to be wasting precious seconds on undoing the buckle of our highchair. I don’t leave her alone eating.
I personally think its highly dangerous, it takes a second for them to lunge and fall, even when there our attention can be taken for a split second or they can quickly wiggle through the bottom.

The response was to the person who said she is strapped in when she clearly isnt.

Reactions: 5
Wonder if Charlotte had a social worker because she was young, twins and also helping her mother ?
I wondered that too there must be more to it.

Didn’t Donna once say on video “there’s a lot you don’t know about Charlotte”. Made me wonder in relation to the social worker thing 🤔

Accusing people of jealousy shows her immaturity, not everyone who has something negative to say about you is saying it because they are ‘jealous’. Jealous of what exactly? Your home is nothing special you are not loaded you don’t have a good job or anything worth being jealous of, except maybe your gorgeous girls who you neglect. Maybe if you were a better parent to them people wouldn’t make so many negative comments! The jealousy argument doesn’t hold up at all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I don’t strap my little girl in her highchair. I don’t feel the need to. She sits well, supports her body herself and if god forbid she was to choke I wouldn’t want to be wasting precious seconds on undoing the buckle of our highchair. I don’t leave her alone eating.
Me neither. It’s actually quite unsafe to strap them in, if they start choking it’s going to be hard to get them out in time. As long as they’re constantly supervised while in the high chair they won’t fall out.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

To be fair the video isn’t actual evidence, the video is something she did she still could’ve been saying and doing other things just hasn’t recorded it, she’s acting like she’s posted cctv of her whole time there.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was 14 when i fell pregnant, had her at 15. Everythings always been adressed to me. Only involvment ive had with social is them asking if i needed any extra help eg parenting classes.
It's definitely standard to have a social/support worker in my area if you're under 16 when you fall pregnant. Or was a few years ago (friends daughter fell pregnant at 15 and had a social worker through pregnancy up until she was discharged by midwife at 5 weeks PP - there was no concerns, no previous involvement and they didn't actually do anything other than check up on her to make sure she was coping ok)
I was pregnant at 17 all my letters were addressed to me, don’t see why they’d be addressed to her mum if it’s not for her?
I don't know either but if you look back on this thread or the last one there's a screenshot of her ultrasound with the twins addressed to the parent/guardian of Charlotte O'Connor

Reactions: 2
I’m sure its advised against strapping babies in highchairs in case they choke and you need them out quickly instead of faffing about. Realistically babies shouldn’t be weaned anyway unless they can sit up and fully support themselves so they should be able to sit in a high chair comfortably without sliding etc.
Advised by who? Most highchairs have a warning of death or serious injury from failure to use the straps.

I cant find anything anywhere, except an odd comment on mumsnet that says not to use straps.

Reactions: 8
The part where she says social worker due to her age is bullshit she’s 18? Which means she was at least 16 when she got pregnant with the twins I was 17 when I was pregnant with my son 18 when I had him I don’t have a social worker, there’s obviously an actual reason they have one.

It’s not they’re 100% lying about it you don’t get a social worker because of your age yeah probably if you’re 12 then probably but she’s 18
My friend had a baby at 16 in england and she was given a social worker because of her age. But they definitely didnt stick around til she was 18! When they see the child is well looked after they close the case.

Reactions: 4
I was pregnant at 15, had my daughter at 16. Always had letters addressed to me and never had a social worker, I did have a teenage pregnancy midwife though. It meant I just had more appointments than others and once my daughter was born I had a follow up with her to go on contraception. Never known anyone to have a social worker in pregnancy due to age.

Reactions: 4
Advised by who? Most highchairs have a warning of death or serious injury from failure to use the straps.

I cant find anything anywhere, except an odd comment on mumsnet that says not to use straps.
Yes and you should be supervising your young child at all times so they don’t fall out. I don’t read mums net so I couldn’t tell you what’s on there. My own HV and a few of my friends HV say the same thing. Don’t strap in but keep an eye on them at all times. A bumped head is better than a dead child 🤷🏻‍♀️ A child can choke quicker than they can climb out of a highchair.

It must be hard to have twins n give both equal amounts of attention and support with development. Especially as a single mum yes yes I know she is with the baby daddy but let's be real he doesn't respect her or the kids enough. His main goal is trying to become the new Aitch or uk Eminem. He hasn't once commented on people bashing her parenting? Where's the loyalty?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My friend had a baby at 16 in england and she was given a social worker because of her age. But they definitely didnt stick around til she was 18! When they see the child is well looked after they close the case.
That’s so weird I’ve never heard of that, I can understand if you’re like 13 or something but 16 is legal age

It must be hard to have twins n give both equal amounts of attention and support with development. Especially as a single mum yes yes I know she is with the baby daddy but let's be real he doesn't respect her or the kids enough. His main goal is trying to become the new Aitch or uk Eminem. He hasn't once commented on people bashing her parenting? Where's the loyalty?
Agree with this 100% if my partner seen that anyone was bashing my parenting (not that they’d have any need to) he’d definitely have something to say about it. So unless charlottes boyfriend agrees with it? Or just simply doesn’t care🤷🏼‍♀️

Okay, been catching up and I have thoughts:

Charlie and Charlotte are both incredibly immature and were completely unprepared for the realities of trying to run social media accounts. MTV are incredibly bad at preparing people for this kind of attention and "fame"- if you can even call it fame in this case- so the blame doesn't completely lie on them, they are still teenagers after all. And we all remember how we were in ourselves at their age. They're making mistakes when they post so much about their lives, but they don't know that they should be withholding some information from people who are following them and being more careful about navigating sponsorships and gifting. Look at what happened to Elle Darby when she asked that offensive hotel in Ireland for a free stay. They've grown up with influencer culture, but on this website we are a bit more savvy when it comes to spotting influencer fakeness. It's not their fault they don't know that you don't ask for free things on your stories (this is mainly related to Charlie), because they've seen so many influencers post about the free stuff they get on their pages. They both perhaps need to take a step back and think about just how much of their lives they are sharing in a public space. It might be okay to share that you and your boyfriend have broken up and you're back with your ex in a private instagram to your friends, but Charlotte has too public an instagram for people to take these changes positively.

HOWEVER: trying to start tit with this website by posting about it ALWAYS backfires and ends up bringing more people who feel the same to these threads, people who might not be as nice as some of us who were already here are- don't think I saw this happen on this particular thread, but it will have happened on other people's threads. This isn't a website where people mindlessly troll (which we're not doing anyway because we leave our opinions on a site you have to register to use properly- so a semi-private space that is nothing to do with the person's posts on any social media), this is a website where we don't hold back and talk about what bothers us about problematic behaviour- in this case, a lot of us had concerns about how Charlotte was parenting her twins- which, yes of course it's horrible to hear that you might be doing something wrong as a parent, but I don't feel like most of us were coming from a place of nastiness or with a wish to troll her, a lot of us were genuinely concerned watching them not eat solid foods or be able to hold themselves up at an age they should be moving around a lot more. Which when you're the one posting these things to a public space, you should know people will have opinions. Because you can't stop people from having both positive and negative opinions about the things you post- again, something MTV SHOULD HAVE PREPARED ALL THESE GIRLS FOR WHEN THEY AGREED TO DO THE SHOW (I have a lot of issues with the lack of care shown by MTV, I've already expressed this in the Geordie Shore threads).

Also: we would never have found out about the ex boyfriend's involvement in the murder case if Charlotte had not answered that question in the Q&A.

Reactions: 16
I also hate the jealousy argument. Jealous of what? A scraggy haired 18 year old scruffy mum. Yeah am sat here in a house THAT I OWN. With 17 month old twins of my own. 2 cars outside (owned not financed or leased) I also work part time and partner does full time. I don’t smoke and my kids aren’t physically stunted. What am I jealous of exactly? The fact you’ve been on tv show? 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Omg wowwwww what did I miss 😂 finally caught up. I was waiting for the day Charlotte found out about Tattle and I missed the whole bloody thing, typical 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.