Teen Mom UK Next Generation #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi chloe!
Can you stop calling your kid by her initials please thanks hun
Hi my name is Emma and I don’t have any kids, thanks hun
[/QUOTE]
Ok Chloe
You keep thinking that hun think you need to keep working on your grove on you mums couch hun also go look after Eeeeeee-Hhhhhhh-Eeeeee

Reactions: 5
So disabled people should just stay at home and not be seen? Disabled people can certainly take photos of themselves and guess what, they can even look just like everyone else and wear make up and everything!! If you have a chronic illness you aren’t going to get better, you just have better days than others. It’s a shame your opinion won’t change but I hope you or no one close to you is ever unfortunate to have a chronic illness
you just completely twisted her point there.. she never said any of that at all

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Edut
No one who was genuinely ill would take a photoshoot for instagram like she does.
They’d be wanting to get better and rest.
That’s my opinion on her and it won’t change.
Ok, so out of interest how does that work in the real world? I’ll give an example. Billie Eilish has Tourette’s syndrome but she’s also a singer. So, obviously this is a different kind of example. But would you think that she can’t sing because of her ticks? (For example)

If I’ve got the wrong end of the stick, I’m sorry but it seems like you think that if someone has a chronic condition that causes pain, they should be resting all the time or they must be faking it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi chloe!
Can you stop calling your kid by her initials please thanks hun
Hi my name is Emma and I don’t have any kids, thanks hun
---

Not ableist maybe just stupid if you have the same conditions and don’t realise good days and bad days are a thing x
[/QUOTE]
Not once said good days and bad days aren’t a thing. Clearly you’ve not read any of my comments on here 😂 I’ve suffered the conditions a lot longer than Chloe I know first hand what they’re like. So I know you can’t be on stage one minute and needing a wheelchair 2 minutes later. On a bad day you’re in bed all day on pain meds and nothing will get you out of bed, not even a pageant

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Edut

Ok, so out of interest how does that work in the real world? I’ll give an example. Billie Eilish has Tourette’s syndrome but she’s also a singer. So, obviously this is a different kind of example. But would you think that she can’t sing because of her ticks? (For example)

If I’ve got the wrong end of the stick, I’m sorry but it seems like you think that if someone has a chronic condition that causes pain, they should be resting all the time or they must be faking it?
That’s not what I said at all.
Other people understand clearly what I meant so maybe read it again.

Reactions: 7
I have a family member who think’s it’s an act and is entitled. She has the exact same diagnosis, are we still going to preach ableism now? I also have a friend with gastroparesis who spoke to her via tiktok about it who noticed discrepancies too. Sorry not sorry🤷🏼‍♀️
well having a disability doesn’t mean you are exempt from being ableist. Just like having black friends doesn’t exempt you from being racist.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Edut

No one’s ever said you can’t sing etc if you have a condition wtf 😂 I think you should read back everyone’s comments instead of twisting things. No one has dismissed her conditions. No one’s said she can’t enjoy herself or can’t do things or can’t have fun. But you cannot brush over the fact her ‘flare ups’ only come up when she has to do something for EH. When it’s doing stuff for herself she’s fine. Like last episode she was fine the whole time didn’t mention pain then suddenly it was time to bath EH and she couldn’t do it

That’s not what I said at all.
Other people understand clearly what I meant so maybe read it again.
You said that if Chloe was really in pain she’d be resting all the time 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t look at her Instagram photos. But I’m not sure why her photos would suggest that she doesn’t have chronic conditions. I have a friend with very severe endo who works out daily.

• Heart
  • Haha
You said that if Chloe was really in pain she’d be resting all the time 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t look at her Instagram photos. But I’m not sure why her photos would suggest that she doesn’t have chronic conditions. I have a friend with very severe endo who works out daily.
No I didn’t. Don’t twist things. I said an ill person would be wanting rest not wanting to do a photoshoot for instagram.
Going to leave it there ✌🏾

well having a disability doesn’t mean you are exempt from being ableist. Just like having black friends doesn’t exempt you from being racist.
Happy to be called ableist and will look forward to seeing chloe awarded her oscar 🫶🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Happy to be called ableist and will look forward to seeing chloe awarded her oscar 🫶🏻
I’m not calling anyone specific ableist at all but I do think that ableism is generally a problem because the majority of people don’t understand what disability can look like.

On the flip side, there are people with disabilities who think that only their experience is the right one. And dont have any empathy with others. I’ve come across this with people comparing their disabled child with mine.

If Chloe was acting, she could get into a lot of trouble with the DWP. I doubt that someone acting would decide to go on a TV show. But, also, as I’ve said before - you have to more than prove your disabilities are real to receive any related benefits.
---
No I didn’t. Don’t twist things. I said an ill person would be wanting rest not wanting to do a photoshoot for instagram.
Going to leave it there ✌🏾
I don’t think I am twisting things! You presumed that if someone is disabled, they wouldn’t feel like doing a photo shoot. That is a judgmental approach which is unfair imo. I’m assuming that when people sign up to be on a TV show they also have to agree to do a certain amount of promotion or whatever?

• Heart
  • Haha
I’m not calling anyone specific ableist at all but I do think that ableism is generally a problem because the majority of people don’t understand what disability can look like.

On the flip side, there are people with disabilities who think that only their experience is the right one. And dont have any empathy with others. I’ve come across this with people comparing their disabled child with mine.

If Chloe was acting, she could get into a lot of trouble with the DWP. I doubt that someone acting would decide to go on a TV show. But, also, as I’ve said before - you have to more than prove your disabilities are real to receive any related benefits.
I can give you so many examples of people who go on TV and act.. i can give you numerous examples of people who also claim benefits they should not be receiving. I also know fine well i could get more than i’d be entilted to for my son if i filled the form in, in fact his own paediatrician told us to exaggerate. I think your last paragraph is incredibly naive

I can give you so many examples of people who go on TV and act.. i can give you numerous examples of people who also claim benefits they should not be receiving. I also know fine well i could get more than i’d be entilted to for my son if i filled the form in, in fact his own surgeon told us to exaggerate. I think your last paragraph is incredibly naive
You may think so but that’s my own life experience so my opinions will be based upon that. Just like your experiences are based on yours.

I have never personally come across someone who I think is pretending to be disabled. Before the current government got into power the DWP, themselves said that the fraud rate for claiming DLA was 0.5%.

I’ve come across plenty of businesses who fiddle their tax and tell me about it though(?)

• Haha
Reactions: 2

---

I don’t think I am twisting things! You presumed that if someone is disabled, they wouldn’t feel like doing a photo shoot. That is a judgmental approach which is unfair imo. I’m assuming that when people sign up to be on a TV show they also have to agree to do a certain amount of promotion or whatever?
The photoshoot comment wasn’t in relation to the show or promotion or a modelling/nice photoshoot etc. it was in relation to Chloe faking and reenacting a flare up for an insta photo op. She posed in a foetal position and in one photo edited scars on her tummy that looked like gun shot wounds not a true reflection of what the endo surgery scars look like. This is what people are saying. People with endo wouldn’t do a photoshoot and show all this stuff online or edit photos with fake scars. They’d either show nothing or show a true reflection of the condition. People weren’t saying she can’t have a photoshoot because of her condition it was the context of the photos that were the issue. The photos are posted up thread if you want to take a look at it. I hope that explains the confusion over the other photoshoot comment

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.