Teen Mom UK #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really didn’t want to talk about this topic again but I think what you said is a misconception slightly. Yes they have now put ASC/ASD under one big umbrella but there are still completely different levels and variations to it, some need more help than others which is assessed by DLA. No two autistic people are the same, they just can have similar traits and characteristics that’s all. The process to get an assessment is very long winded & they don’t give out a diagnosis easy (I know this from my nephew) & even then they still monitor how it affects them later on in life; a person on the spectrum learns to live with it, adapt with it and sometimes can mask for the sake of fitting in & sometimes people who have it may even come across as different or even strange on encounters, because they just don’t know how to engage with strangers etc — there are all different levels to it & it doesn’t just magically disappear.
I think you really aren’t getting where I’m coming from on this I didn’t say they just disappear. The one I mentioned didn’t have ASD but people put the behaviours down to it when in reality that person was malnourished which effects the way the brain functions and wasn’t working to full capacity. The person was waiting on the pathway as the carer was convinced that they had ASD. Once they started eating enough for the body to actually function and brain activities was back to normal level it was found that they shouldn’t be on the pathway due to their behaviours and that was due to body starvation.

I’m not saying it’s easy to get a diagnosis I know it’s hard to get one. My argument is lay people and Facebook mums point every out as ASD or ADHD at the moment when most of the time it isn’t. To me it’s an insult to people that do need that diagnosis and families that do need that support.

In my service we meet loads that clearly have ADHD or ASD very late on in life and have to get them on the pathway.

I’m not saying it just goes away ether as people have it for life, there are other things that shows similar behaviours to them but it doesn’t mean they have it.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
like i said i’m rewatching & i can’t get over dylan’s cheek. Ree-ann was a top class fool back in S5&megan was right to say she was a fool. She was asking Dylan if they’re official or not &then said ‘because i’ve been looking after your kids & dog’ & then she said that she’s let him stay at hers for 8months& then he said he’s still staying? each to their own but i couldn’t think of a worst way to waste my 20s or any other decade but especially this one by looking after a man’s 2 kids&dog& putting him up at my house whilst letting him string me along&sleep with me whenever he wants, getting no appreciation back in return with a chance he’ll go back to his baby mum. makes me wonder if ree-ann got pregnant to worm her way in to feel part of the family as he was feeling vulnerable when his mum died

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I don't think it's any coincidence that when Amber started following the pathways for B that Ste had an assessment and got a diagnosis of ADHD. Parents often recognise traits in themselves that they see in their kids and the pieces start to slot into place.

In terms of dysfunctional environment, a lot of SEND families experience some type of disfunction because it can be really stressful trying to manage your child's behaviours, your own emotions, and possibly neuro divergent behaviours /feelings /traits (I know some on this thread hate that term but for some of us that IS life). Along with battling schools, local authorities and health services to try to secure support (which is sadly massively lacking) for your child, never mind yourself.

As we see with Amber when her own mum rolls her eyes at how "naughty" her kids are, very few people are willing to give you a break becauseits just too difficult. It gets to having the kids in bed and you sometimes just need to sit in silence and recharge yourself. I don't think it's about been lazy or wanting lables, most of these parents battle harder every single day than many "normal" folk can even begin to imagine.
They didn’t recognise the traits at all, she only said it because people kept commenting it and it was an easy explanation for her lazy parenting. She’s made no effort to be a good parent (in the environment, way she spoke to B etc) from before he even had chance to show any difficult behaviours.

a lot of send families do experience dysfunction of course, but again, Brooklyns behaviour cannot be blamed for Ambers. She has plenty of time and resources to tidy her house and work on how she behaves to/around the kids. And she hasn’t been battling people either, this isn’t a devoted mum who’s spent years fighting the system - she just accepted his”bad” behaviour as being a difficult boy and spent years yelling instead of doing anything. She’s only doing something now because people told her to.

I am so so tired of people making out amber has no breaks or no help!! She has every weekend!! And Brooklyn is in full time school! Am I the only parent who gets 3 hours alone max? 😂 cause even if she did spend the evenings relaxing, fine, she still does f all in the day& weekends to give the kids a good, safe, relaxing and happy environment. Again, even the way she speaks to those poor kids explains so much of brooklyns behaviour, even if he does have autism/adhd there is no justification for the tone she has always spoken to those boys in. As well as the shoving, dragging, throwing stuff etc

I remember an early scene where B wants a yoghurt, he’s asking A for ages to open it, even put her hand on it to get her to open it & she’s ignoring him screaming at Ste. He’s shouting back & Brooklyn starts yelling, pushing & hitting Ste out of frustration for it. No one can tell me they aren’t directly responsible for a lot of his difficulties regardless of any diagnoses

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Going back to Brooklyn, things like Autism and ADHD are often genetic conditions. I don't think it's any coincidence that when Amber started following the pathways for B that Ste had an assessment and got a diagnosis of ADHD. Parents often recognise traits in themselves that they see in their kids and the pieces start to slot into place.

In terms of dysfunctional environment, a lot of SEND families experience some type of disfunction because it can be really stressful trying to manage your child's behaviours, your own emotions, and possibly neuro divergent behaviours /feelings /traits (I know some on this thread hate that term but for some of us that IS life). Along with battling schools, local authorities and health services to try to secure support (which is sadly massively lacking) for your child, never mind yourself.

As we see with Amber when her own mum rolls her eyes at how "naughty" her kids are, very few people are willing to give you a break becauseits just too difficult. It gets to having the kids in bed and you sometimes just need to sit in silence and recharge yourself. I don't think it's about been lazy or wanting lables, most of these parents battle harder every single day than many "normal" folk can even begin to imagine.
Thank you. There are a lot of ignorant comments from people who likely know nothing about neurodiversity and don’t have much direct experience. Children don’t ‘get ADHD’ from their environments. Amber did manage to get her house sorted before and it does seem to be worse atm but she clearly needs help. Also just because you can do your make up doesn’t mean you don’t struggle with organisation.

Exactly this, we had one patient and the carer thought the child was on the spectrum and was awaiting diagnosis. The carer did loads of research into it and fully believed they were on the spectrum, was on loads of Facebook group and we found it wasn’t even ASD just the patient didn’t have much nutrition so the brain wasn’t running full compacity at all and because of that the behaviours was similar to someone with ASD but now they’re thriving been discharged from all services and it too sets for everything at school.
ASD and adhd has just become the new dyslexia. Like when I was in school everyone had it but no formal diagnosis but because they were below in sets and that parents and that would just say they’re dyslexic when it’s more than just reading and writing.
I think this automatically labelling and Facebook mum diagnosing is just insulting people who actually have and need these diagnosis's
You clearly know nothing about autism or ADHD and you don’t know what you’re talking about. You should keep your bigoted opinions to yourself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you. There are a lot of ignorant comments from people who likely know nothing about neurodiversity and don’t have much direct experience. Children don’t ‘get ADHD’ from their environments. Amber did manage to get her house sorted before and it does seem to be worse atm but she clearly needs help. Also just because you can do your make up doesn’t mean you don’t struggle with organisation.

You clearly know nothing about autism or ADHD and you don’t know what you’re talking about. You should keep your bigoted opinions to yourself.
I do know ADHD and ASD and it is a bigoted opinion I have, you clearly find it hard to comprehend my comment or understand where I can coming from with my comment about people automatically assuming every little behaviour is ASD or adhd or how environmental factors and others can effect someone’s behaviour but 👍🏻 It’s ok because I forgive you for such a bigoted opinion and not seeing the bigger picture

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Not a single person thinks ADHD is caused by environment 🤦🏽‍♀️ But using it as an excuse is no good either. If you’ve watched Amber from day 1 you’d see how little effort she’s put into parenting from the beginning. The point is that regardless of a diagnoses, it doesn’t explain her laziness when she has so much free time and no real excuse for it. It’s ignorant to think her parenting plays no part in this. A lot of people struggle with organisation, it doesn’t mean you just don’t bother. You do this magic thing called actually trying 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ll be back when all the adhd/autism talk is over because it’s just boring now

• Heart
Reactions: 118
Miss the days of pancake lady and her telling us when to have a cuppa teas ready for the gossip and we would all be sat around tattle like a camp fire waiting for the tea

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Can those that want to talk about ADHD do so on a separate thread. Online energy vampires

I mean, she looks nice, but I thought it was a holiday shot of swimwear 🤣
Chloe looks a size 18 to me. I don’t know why she lies she looks lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Can those that want to talk about ADHD do so on a separate thread. Online energy vampires

Chloe looks a size 18 to me. I don’t know why she lies she looks lovely
I think it’s like someone said it’s only been since jordan cheating which I never noticed. Makes me wonder was he talking to skinnier girls but then she’s always been obsessed with her size since the first season. She’s always gone one about how skinny she was before she had Marley and saying she was smaller than her friends but from the pictures we’ve seen on the show with her friends doesn’t line up with what she’s saying.

Reactions: 8
Maybe she’s referring back to these times. But she has to remember you change both with having a child and growing up. She also loves her dominos we’ve seen that on all seasons. I think she looks lovely the way she is. Sassi too. How do these girls gain weight but not around or on their stomach. That’s the worst place for me 😩
38C2D5E8-E408-4BA9-8C7C-EE38AC75406A.jpeg

Reactions: 11
I think it’s like someone said it’s only been since jordan cheating which I never noticed. Makes me wonder was he talking to skinnier girls but then she’s always been obsessed with her size since the first season. She’s always gone one about how skinny she was before she had Marley and saying she was smaller than her friends but from the pictures we’ve seen on the show with her friends doesn’t line up with what she’s saying.
I think that was my comment? I’m not sure if it is only since Jordan cheated. I just think that definitely would have made her feelings about herself worse

Reactions: 2
I think that was my comment? I’m not sure if it is only since Jordan cheated. I just think that definitely would have made her feelings about herself worse
So weird because I genuinely don’t think Jordan cares if she is a size 8 or an 18. That’s one thing I believe him on. Women should do what they want but I can guarantee you men typically hate all these blown up lips, sharpie eyebrows etc etc

Reactions: 12
I do reckon it has effected her. Like I’ve never been cheated on myself I’ve had friends who have been and even using common sense like even if you take someone back you’ll always have that paranoia they are looking else where, you’re confidence would go down thinking aren’t I enough? Thinking about it he was quite good at hiding the messages at times the one Chloe caught never said how long he was doing it for but she had no clue anything was up until she found those messages so he’s good at covering it that her gut instinct didn’t kick in.
I think she’s always had trouble body image wise but now it’s gone further down her and her self worth since the cheating.

Reactions: 5
I really didn’t want to talk about this topic again but I think what you said is a misconception slightly. Yes they have now put ASC/ASD under one big umbrella but there are still completely different levels and variations to it, some need more help than others which is assessed by DLA. No two autistic people are the same, they just can have similar traits and characteristics that’s all. The process to get an assessment is very long winded & they don’t give out a diagnosis easy (I know this from my nephew) & even then they still monitor how it affects them later on in life; a person on the spectrum learns to live with it, adapt with it and sometimes can mask for the sake of fitting in & sometimes people who have it may even come across as different or even strange on encounters, because they just don’t know how to engage with strangers etc — there are all different levels to it & it doesn’t just magically disappear.
How many times are we going to go over and over this, this is surely just separate discussion about autism ect so create a separate thread to discuss?

Reactions: 24
I do reckon it has effected her. Like I’ve never been cheated on myself I’ve had friends who have been and even using common sense like even if you take someone back you’ll always have that paranoia they are looking else where, you’re confidence would go down thinking aren’t I enough? Thinking about it he was quite good at hiding the messages at times the one Chloe caught never said how long he was doing it for but she had no clue anything was up until she found those messages so he’s good at covering it that her gut instinct didn’t kick in.
I think she’s always had trouble body image wise but now it’s gone further down her and her self worth since the cheating.
I think you’re right, my bd cheated on me loads. I let myself go after giving birth (was within my rights as I basically raised my daughter without his help so barely had time for myself, also… I just had a baby ffs so my body changed), but I caught him cheating again a few months after (took him back several times like Chloe, don’t judge me I’ve seen the light and now have an amazing bf) I gave birth and this made me change so much about my appearance, fuelled my disordered eating and I became obsessed with how I looked. It really does ruin your self esteem and every other girl I’ve spoken to who has been cheated on says the same, so there’s no doubt Chloe feels the same

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.