Ted Lasso

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ted Lasso has altered the way I watch football. Every time I imagine the players doing the ‘pass to me’ thing Jamie does. Maybe I should send a clip of it to Sarina Weigman and that’ll help them bring it home!

Reactions: 2
I REALLY annoy my husband as anytime there is Football, Rugby etc on the TV & the ref / official etc blows the whistle, I say it Roy Kent style. It’s only still funny to me because of how annoyed he gets 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I REALLY annoy my husband as anytime there is Football, Rugby etc on the TV & the ref / official etc blows the whistle, I say it Roy Kent style. It’s only still funny to me because of how annoyed he gets 😂
I've shouted 'whistle' more than a few times ... It's too funny not to. 😂

• Haha
Were rewatching Ted Lasso and i missed so Many of the details of Nate’s downfall first time round! His facial expressions in the background and his subtle reactions. Really sells the nasty Nate move!

Reactions: 4
I went to the Game4Ukraine game at Stamford Bridge a couple of weeks ago and most of the crowd were Arsenal/Chelsea supporters who were there to see the ex pros, not the celebs, and one of them shouted WHISTLE at one point 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I went to the Game4Ukraine game at Stamford Bridge a couple of weeks ago and most of the crowd were Arsenal/Chelsea supporters who were there to see the ex pros, not the celebs, and one of them shouted WHISTLE at one point 😂
Mikel is the closest thing to ted lasso in the prem atm. He has a team dog called Win at arsenal. Such a ted lasso move 🥰

• Heart
Just staring season 3 after binging 1 and 2 last few days.

I've always been sceptical that this was one of those Hollywood circle wank shows that actually isn't any good. But this is a time the hype is real.

It's brilliant, funny and heartfelt and real. One of my all time favourite shows...and I don't like football
---
One possible controversial opinion. Hannah Waddingham is great, but not sure she deserves the awards. She is basically a version of herself. I think Juno Temple has done amazing work.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just staring season 3 after binging 1 and 2 last few days.

I've always been sceptical that this was one of those Hollywood circle wank shows that actually isn't any good. But this is a time the hype is real.

It's brilliant, funny and heartfelt and real. One of my all time favourite shows...and I don't like football
---
One possible controversial opinion. Hannah Waddingham is great, but not sure she deserves the awards. She is basically a version of herself. I think Juno Temple has done amazing work.
Totally agree on Hannah Waddingham. She’s great but not as great as she thinks she is and she is definitely playing herself rather than fully acting (see also Vicky McClure and Suranne Jones).

Finished season 3. Season 1 and 2 were brilliant but season 3 was very up and down. Possibly due to stretching so many episodes to an hour or more.

Some storylines I didn't like (Nates gf who only went to him once he was successful, keeleys changing love life), but on the flip side the gay storyline was really well written and acted.

On the one hand I'd love it to come back, but it also feels like going out on a high is the right move.

Reactions: 7
We binged watched over Christmas loved season 3 did have its ups and downs but not sure what I'll do now without my Ted fix.
I also think I have a crush on Ted 🙈

I'm a latecomer to Ted Lasso and was drawn in by the comedy of the first few episodes of season 1 but I feel like it's kind of gone downhill since then. Watching it back to back, I've found Keelys shrinking from slim, healthy looking woman to emaciated quite a hard watch. Seems very sad.

Season 1 was so wonderful. Season 2 was already difficult at times because of the Nathan storyline, but the show still had many great moments. Season 3 was unwatchable to me and I stopped two or three episodes in. Nothing made sense anymore, scenes ended where a confrontation on sorts should have happened and it just became super boring imho. I loved team and their changing room scenes were so funny. Should have focused more on them.

On reflection I think they were right to stop it after S3 as had lost it's spark mainly because Ted had and the joke about him not understanding football couldn't go for ever.

However, if they did a Christmas special or something I'd absolutely watch it. 😜

Reactions: 6
I loved it all the way to the very end but I agree I'm okay that it ended where it did. Jamie's arc is one of the best character arcs I've ever seen.

I must say though that the back half of season 3 was much better, the first few were too much exposition but Sunflowers and Mom City are two of my favourites in the entire series so it might be worth revisiting at some point if you stopped before you got there!

I loved it all the way to the very end but I agree I'm okay that it ended where it did. Jamie's arc is one of the best character arcs I've ever seen.

I must say though that the back half of season 3 was much better, the first few were too much exposition but Sunflowers and Mom City are two of my favourites in the entire series so it might be worth revisiting at some point if you stopped before you got there!
Is Sunflowers the Amsterdam one? I absolutely loved that episode.

Reactions: 3
Season 3 was definitely the weakest, but there were some real stand out episodes

Reactions: 3