Ted Lasso

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally managed to watch the last episode and whilst I agree with everyone above about how poor series 3 was in comparison and how many events such as Ted’s resignation were unaired, I still had a tear in my eye at times.

My main complaint is not knowing how things worked out for Ted, was he happy upon his return, I find it odd that he wouldnt have returned for Beard’s wedding, it’s not like he was banned from returning to the UK.

Throughout the series I had major Rebecca wardrobe envy but thought her farewell outfit was 🤢 so interesting to read it was her initial outfit, clearly wardrobe improved as we went along.

As Jamie would say, it was all just a bit poopah at times (still love that boy, hope Keeley enjoys her trip to Brazil with him) here’s to a Jamie and Roy spin off *whistle*

Reactions: 14
My main complaint is not knowing how things worked out for Ted, was he happy upon his return, I find it odd that he wouldnt have returned for Beard’s wedding, it’s not like he was banned from returning to the UK
People are suggesting on Twitter that that whole sequence was just Ted’s dream, not just Beard getting married but everything up to the point that Ted woke up. Which I suppose it could’ve been but is a huge cop out if so.

Reactions: 3
People are suggesting on Twitter that that whole sequence was just Ted’s dream, not just Beard getting married but everything up to the point that Ted woke up. Which I suppose it could’ve been but is a huge cop out if so.
That’s the biggest creative nono to have it as a dream so I really hope not, I did find the sequence weird how beard gets married before Ted had even gotten off the plane

I think it was a timing issue. They wanted to end with Ted getting off the plane so they had to catch up everyone else beforehand. Is strange he wasn’t at Beards wedding but I hate the dream idea.
---
Also Brendan neatly blamed Jason for everything there

Reactions: 6
Surely that whole sequence was just using artistic licence (in terms of timing) to show how things worked out for all the characters. For example, the barbecue at Higgins - that was clearly a different day than the day Ted left as Rebecca and the Dutch dude were in an established relationship. Roy being made manager was a different day..so Beard's wedding was just another example of that.

Having said that, still weird that Ted wasn't at the wedding 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Brendan also confirmed in the AMA that it wasn't a dream and that as far as he's concerned Ted was invited to the wedding but it was short notice (not sure how short exactly considering Jane had clearly been pregnant for a while!) and told him it was okay if he couldn't make it.

But he also said in that AMA that he didn't think Jane was abusive or toxic, despite the fact she shredded his passport to stop him from leaving the country and if a male character had done that to a female it would have been huge yikes.

The Beard and Jane wedding is the only part of the finale I really didn't like. I get that they enjoy each other and if he thinks he's happy, fine, but the other characters acting all misty eyed was a step too far for me.

Jane can get in the bin lol.

and yeah I get the creative license telling everyone’s stories blablabla but I don’t think the timing worked for this

Reactions: 8
Brendan Hunt did a Reddit AMA tonight and amongst other things confirmed that the rewrites were exaggerated in the press (shocking).
Loved his AMA but he would say that wouldn’t he 😂 the story was about Jason demanding the rewrites and they’re good friends since like 2014 so he probably doesn’t see it the same way we do

I didn’t even notice Jane being pregnant and if she was that’s a massive yikes cos their relationship was toxic, plus Beard never seemed that happy around kids, even Henry he seemed a bit distant and let’s not even go down the recreational drugs used in their relationship.

Of all the couples to achieve the happy ever after to end the program with, they would not be my choice, I would have even rather have Nate and the polish woman (or me and Jamie 🥰 )

Loved his AMA but he would say that wouldn’t he 😂 the story was about Jason demanding the rewrites and they’re good friends since like 2014 so he probably doesn’t see it the same way we do
I never believed that story about Jason demanding rewrites and I still don't, Brendan's answer on the AMA made total sense and he would have just not answered that one rather than lie. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Nothing in that article turned out to be anything more than a massive exaggeration of normal shooting stuff.

Reactions: 1
I never believed that story about Jason demanding rewrites and I still don't, Brendan's answer on the AMA made total sense and he would have just not answered that one rather than lie. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Nothing in that article turned out to be anything more than a massive exaggeration of normal shooting stuff.
I think something went down because initial photography began in London at the end of 2021

I think it's right to end the show now.

The last series was a bit hit and miss and all the characters had an arc of some kind and a happyish ending.

Reactions: 5
Just finished the show now.

Have rewatched season one and two this week before binge watching the last season fresh over the weekend.

Firstly. God I love Colin. What a guy. I'm glad he got his kiss on the pitch at the end, bless him.

Secondly. Glad Roy got the managerial position over Nate (god that would have annoyed me if he had walked straight back in and got it).

Finally... can we just bring it back already? 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Have wanted to watch this for ages (long time Hannah Waddingham fan) but didn’t want to pay for apple and then found out my sister has it so have pinched her login and watched all three series in the past couple of weeks 😅

I loved it and couldn’t believe how much I was rooting for a fictional football team haha. I didn’t mind the ending either, made me cry.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think something went down because initial photography began in London at the end of 2021
Filming for S3 started on the 7th March 2022 - it took longer than S2 but the episodes were also significantly longer, it doesn't mean something happened

Filming for S3 started on the 7th March 2022 - it took longer than S2 but the episodes were also significantly longer, it doesn't mean something happened
The cast arrived in London to shoot at the end of 2021 then the rewrites happened so it was delayed

Reactions: 1
Brendan and Jason arrived in London in the first week of Jan 2022 for preproduction, filming was supposed to begin on January 31st but they pushed back a month because of logistical challenges, mainly the fact they couldn't access Hayes and Yeading to start the football block because the last COVID spike had messed with the fixture list.

If you're referring to the Puck report it was proven to have massive inaccuracies, dates don't match up with facts and it was essentially gossip and hyperbole. Rewrites didn't delay the start of filming, they had an unplanned filming break in July to finish the final scripts but nothing "went down".