Tea Time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm in North America, originally from the Uk. Well, it is hard to find English Breakfast here...normally I have to look in the British aisle of a grocery store if they have one. Instead of EB, they have one called orange pekoe which is awful. The earl grey here is weak too unless imported.

Some of my favourites: spiced apple, it just a generic grocery store brand.
I love Rooibus tea. It is one of my favorites.
Celestial brand has some good herbal tea, I love the peach and raspberry. Blueberry is nice too.
There is a brand sold at Homesense called English Tea Shop and they have some nice teas too.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone tried Bird and Blend teas? I just got Terry's Tea, chocolate digestives, birthday cake and enchanted Narnia. All very good! What other flavours should I try?

Reactions: 1
I am a Canadian and have limited access to British teas so I have to ask...is the Yorkshire Biscuit Tea as good as it sounds?? Do folks in the UK actually drink Yorkshire tea? Or is that an insult to all British teas?

I have so many questions. Thank you for this thread.
I love it, but I only have it when I want biscuits or cake and will have a cup of the tea instead.
Yorkshire Gold is the daily choice in my house.

Bought a bunch of herbal/fruit tea to substitute my evening cuppa because it's started to affect my sleep. I'm old 🥺

Can't say I'm impressed with Higher Living's earl grey, it was a sad attempt but the Licorice is just delicious. This is coming from a licorice hater, it tastes nothing of it, more like a liquid dessert without the added sugar. I found it super helpful for sweet tooth cravings I've somehow developed after gorging on chocolates and pastries for a month straight. If there's anyone looking for a hack for those times, I'd recommend.

Bought a bunch of herbal/fruit tea to substitute my evening cuppa because it's started to affect my sleep. I'm old 🥺

Can't say I'm impressed with Higher Living's earl grey, it was a sad attempt but the Licorice is just delicious. This is coming from a licorice hater, it tastes nothing of it, more like a liquid dessert without the added sugar. I found it super helpful for sweet tooth cravings I've somehow developed after gorging on chocolates and pastries for a month straight. If there's anyone looking for a hack for those times, I'd recommend.
I recommend Bird and Blend roobois teas for this purpose too! They do cherry bakewell, toffee popcorn and birthday cake ones that are really sweet with no calories! And caffiene free too obviously.

After not buying Pukka for the longest time, this is my fave sleepy tea ATM:
1617761923827.png

You can taste both the herbs and fruityness, just lovely. I can't wait to have a cup every night ^^

This is also a nice before bed tea but quite bitter-herbal.
1617762145230.png

Lastly, if you like a Rooibos, here is a nice fruity one. This one is a bit weak (subtle I guess) so nice for when you just make a small cup rather than a massive mug ;-)

1617762366567.png

Has anyone tried https://ticktocktea.com/? They all sound so amazing I honestly don't know where to start 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I absolutely love Twining's Irish Breakfast tea. We have English Breakfast too, but I like the slight difference of the Irish.

Reactions: 3
Best tea I tasted was from Whittards. I bought it as a gift for a friend then didn't end up giving it to them. £5.50 for 50 I think.

Currently drinking Extra strong Churchill tea.

I usually just stick with breakfast tea.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Genmaicha/popcorn tea is my most favourite tea.
I'm also a big fan of white tea.
Peppermint (loose leaf) and rooibos tea are also lovely. ☕

I always have Green tea in the morning - to kick start my digestion for the day. Peppermint if I'm feeling bloated, Camomile before bed / if I'm feeling anxious and Earl Grey (black) occasionally. I live in Spain and it's really difficult to buy good tea here, that isn't too expensive.
When I lived in England I used to get this really great loose Green tea from Aldi and it was super cheap! ☕

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Haven't dropped by in a while but hello again tea thread ☕ Anyone else enjoying the pukka tea advent? Trying the Blackcurrant Beauty today, I'm sorry so see that it's weaker than I expected..

Hello Tea Friends. I was actually thinking about this thread because I bought these bags a few days ago:
1639316695938.png

But like with many Pukka teas these days is a bit wishy washy :( I only had it twice but sometimes when you drink nice tea, you know it's the one from the very first sip. I think I will have to make it in a very small cup too to make sure I get a strong brew.

On the topic of Pukka, I loved drinking this last winter:
1639316862104.png

It's herbal and fruity at the same time and for a while it was my favourite little treat, to have a small cup of this about an hour before bed!

Now, is there anyone here who loves a really strong cuppa? The Welsh Brew might be for you. I brought a box back from Wales after a holiday for my office colleagues and no-one but one person drunk it! She is someone who doesn't drink coffee and practically lives off big mugs of strong tea with the tiniest splash of milk! Sadly we don't work together anymore but we keep in touch and whenever I go to Wales, I have to bring her a box or two 😊 I think she prefers the Gold version but the basic one is really nice too!
1639317076387.png

1639317111176.png

They do some flavoured teas too and this is my fave!
1639317155297.png

I also like this one but there are other brands who do flavoured green teas but are cheaper.
1639317204110.png

I noticed that they started offering more loose leaf teas and infusions so next time my tea cupboard starts looking a little empty, I think I will put an order in.

I recently unearthed a box of Tea India's ginger chai and decided I had it for a while so it's probably the time to try and have it a bit more regularly before it loses its potency. (Teas don't really go off, do they, but sometimes become less potent/weak). Since I am not originally from the UK, I am not super used to drinking milky tea and it's actually quite popular on the continent to have a thin slice of lemon, or a squeeze of lemon juice in your black tea, I have been having the ginger chai with slices of orange ☺ The ginger and orange work really nice together and the tea tastes very christmassy ☺
1639317629380.png

I can also see that their herbal/Ayurvedic teas had a bit of a revamp so will probably try these too in due course.
1639317729442.png

And lastly, I got some teas from Bird & Blend because they keep popping up on my IG ads (have been influenced! 🙈) but I thought they'd be great for gifts. (Which I am yet to give to the people I bought them for so no idea if any good). But while I was at it, I got myself this:
1639318072196.png

I wouldn't say Oolong is my favourite type of tea but sometimes when I go to this particular friend's house, she'd make Oolong in a big pot for everyone to drink and it started to grow on me. I do like coconut flavoured drinks and this tea was divine! I will definitely buy some for the friend, I think she'd quite like it too!
The nice think about Bird & Blend is that most their teas come in loose leaf and bag options and I love having the choice. I wouldn't carry loose leaf to work with me as it can be messy to clean, and you need a strainer and everything, so it's nice to be able to just take a handful of tea bags instead ☺

How has everyone on here been? Have you made new tea discoveries? Please share, and also do share teas that might have disappointed you!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I really like this blend. They have quite a few other super blends too.
98190E6F-8433-4AE1-891C-4AC61498BD48.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
I've never seen the superblends one, sounds great! And I love the look of ginger chai, would you say it's on the spicy side? I enjoy quite a strong ginger flavour. Higher Living ginger tea used to be burn-your-nose kind of spicy but I'm sorry to see that they've made it slightly more mellow.

• Heart
I've never seen the superblends one, sounds great! And I love the look of ginger chai, would you say it's on the spicy side? I enjoy quite a strong ginger flavour. Higher Living ginger tea used to be burn-your-nose kind of spicy but I'm sorry to see that they've made it slightly more mellow.
It's not burn your nose spicy but ginger is prominent. I think it's like 75% black tea and 25% ginger so quite strong on the ginger. I suppose you can always add a couple of slices of fresh ginger to crank it up?

It's not burn your nose spicy but ginger is prominent. I think it's like 75% black tea and 25% ginger so quite strong on the ginger. I suppose you can always add a couple of slices of fresh ginger to crank it up?
Sounds lovely, thank you!

• Heart
Hello Tea Friends. I was actually thinking about this thread because I bought these bags a few days ago:
View attachment 919656
But like with many Pukka teas these days is a bit wishy washy :( I only had it twice but sometimes when you drink nice tea, you know it's the one from the very first sip. I think I will have to make it in a very small cup too to make sure I get a strong brew.

On the topic of Pukka, I loved drinking this last winter:
View attachment 919661
It's herbal and fruity at the same time and for a while it was my favourite little treat, to have a small cup of this about an hour before bed!

Now, is there anyone here who loves a really strong cuppa? The Welsh Brew might be for you. I brought a box back from Wales after a holiday for my office colleagues and no-one but one person drunk it! She is someone who doesn't drink coffee and practically lives off big mugs of strong tea with the tiniest splash of milk! Sadly we don't work together anymore but we keep in touch and whenever I go to Wales, I have to bring her a box or two 😊 I think she prefers the Gold version but the basic one is really nice too!
View attachment 919666
View attachment 919667
They do some flavoured teas too and this is my fave!
View attachment 919670
I also like this one but there are other brands who do flavoured green teas but are cheaper.
View attachment 919674
I noticed that they started offering more loose leaf teas and infusions so next time my tea cupboard starts looking a little empty, I think I will put an order in.

I recently unearthed a box of Tea India's ginger chai and decided I had it for a while so it's probably the time to try and have it a bit more regularly before it loses its potency. (Teas don't really go off, do they, but sometimes become less potent/weak). Since I am not originally from the UK, I am not super used to drinking milky tea and it's actually quite popular on the continent to have a thin slice of lemon, or a squeeze of lemon juice in your black tea, I have been having the ginger chai with slices of orange ☺ The ginger and orange work really nice together and the tea tastes very christmassy ☺
View attachment 919685
I can also see that their herbal/Ayurvedic teas had a bit of a revamp so will probably try these too in due course.
View attachment 919691

And lastly, I got some teas from Bird & Blend because they keep popping up on my IG ads (have been influenced! 🙈) but I thought they'd be great for gifts. (Which I am yet to give to the people I bought them for so no idea if any good). But while I was at it, I got myself this:
View attachment 919699
I wouldn't say Oolong is my favourite type of tea but sometimes when I go to this particular friend's house, she'd make Oolong in a big pot for everyone to drink and it started to grow on me. I do like coconut flavoured drinks and this tea was divine! I will definitely buy some for the friend, I think she'd quite like it too!
The nice think about Bird & Blend is that most their teas come in loose leaf and bag options and I love having the choice. I wouldn't carry loose leaf to work with me as it can be messy to clean, and you need a strainer and everything, so it's nice to be able to just take a handful of tea bags instead ☺

How has everyone on here been? Have you made new tea discoveries? Please share, and also do share teas that might have disappointed you!
I LOVE bird and blend, their mint peppermint tea is the best I have had, in the summer it is also really nice cold, I got a gingerbread one which is also nice, very christmassy kind of taste