Tea Time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aldi do two really good versions of peppermint tea, one contains peppermint and spearmint and is very good value compared to other shops, they also do a teabag version with the string attachment which is just pure peppermint, both are really lovely.
Are these the ‘Specially Selected’ posh’ pyramid teabags a la Teapigs but for a fraction of the price?

I love the mao feng green tea from that range. They say the teabags are 100% biodegradable but I’m not sure if that’s true. So hard to trust brands on recycling etc.

Reactions: 2
Are these the ‘Specially Selected’ posh’ pyramid teabags a la Teapigs but for a fraction of the price?

I love the mao feng green tea from that range. They say the teabags are 100% biodegradable but I’m not sure if that’s true. So hard to trust brands on recycling etc.
The ones I mentioned in the last posting is from the Specially Selected range.

Reactions: 1

Anything that is biodegradable requires very specific conditions to decompose, it will probably not decompose in home conditions, e.g. garden compost heap. The biodegradable materials are fairly new thing and I believe they'd need a separate recycling chain, like an industrial scale composting or something. But then the councils would have to collect it separately from the garden waste which creates extra cost... One day, hopefully, maybe, it can be done.

• Sad
Tried Dr. Stuart's Echinacea Tea last night, really liked it. Tangy and the flavour wasn't weak. (Higher Living had sent a sachet of it as a sample with my order.) Has anyone tried that brand? Never saw it on shelves before or never noticed it.

Reactions: 3
Tried Dr. Stuart's Echinacea Tea last night, really liked it. Tangy and the flavour wasn't weak. (Higher Living had sent a sachet of it as a sample with my order.) Has anyone tried that brand? Never saw it on shelves before or never noticed it.
I’ve seen a lot of Dr. Stuart’s in TK Maxx

Yeah they say 'Specially Selected' on the box but reading the back of it it states that the bags are non biodegradable.

I've tried a few from his range and thought they where a nice, good quality flavour.

I cannot deal with 2020 anymore. It’s like a year of April fools days.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Twinings sleep tea. Best thing to help you sleep. I have one most nights and I definitely find it helps me to fall asleep and it smells lovely

Ooooh, my kinda thread. 😍

Yorkshire Tea is the dog’s bawbags for me - gorgeous. I also have the ‘bedtime brew’ Yorkshire tea for a few hours before bed - I love it, it’s spiced nutmeg and vanilla I think. Don’t think it does much in terms of sleepiness but it tastes nice! Haven’t tried the biscuit brew one but think it’ll be nice, the jam and toast one on the other hand sounds vile
Tried some cheap tescos own chai tea, it was grim, like showing the kettle a few sprinkles of cinnamon and that’s it! Maybe it was because they were teabags and not strained leaves?
Bought the teapigs box for my mum, ended up drinking them myself, didn’t rate them, they tasted no different to the other cheaper varieties out there although did introduce me to new flavours!
Had a free sample of twinings tea posted through my door once. No idea why? It was gingerbread flavoured green tea. I didn’t like it but then I don’t enjoy drinking my tea black (and, as I soon learned, I don’t like green tea! 😂) BUT I found it very aromatic and flavoursome in a way the teapigs (and Tesco’s own but that’s self explanatory isn’t it) weren’t.

I drink twinings decaffeinated earl grey. Earl grey is my favorite, in a B&B 2 weeks ago they only had regular earl grey and it reinforced why I drink decaffeinated tea - caffeine makes me pee loads!!

I cannot deal with 2020 anymore. It’s like a year of April fools days.

WHY oh my god, leave solid foods out of tea you weirdos

I drink twinings decaffeinated earl grey. Earl grey is my favorite, in a B&B 2 weeks ago they only had regular earl grey and it reinforced why I drink decaffeinated tea - caffeine makes me pee loads!!
I love the decaf one for evenings! I like having a cup of tea at night/before bed, the taste doesn't lack anything either.

Ussed to drink PG Tips when we were younger. Then kinda moved to Yorkshire, now I live in Ireland I love Barrys Tea. The former is very close to Barrys though.

Finally tried Pukka tea after endless discussions about it on the Niomi Smart thread. I got the herbal variety pack and I can't believe how mild all the flavours are? With one of the flavours the water literally starting going cold because I kept thinking I had to let it steep for longer because there was almost zero flavour. Pretty annoying considering the price.

I'm in Australia and the brand Nerada makes great (strong) peppermint tea

Tried Higheriving's Green Chai a couple nights ago. Found it very fresh and tasty. It's definitely milder/lighter than regular 'black tea' chai but I can see myself reaching for it whenever I want something delicate but warming. Would recommend.

I really like matcha, is quite a marmite thing
I love matcha, I now have one every morning instead of coffee 💚

Tried Higheriving's Green Chai a couple nights ago. Found it very fresh and tasty. It's definitely milder/lighter than regular 'black tea' chai but I can see myself reaching for it whenever I want something delicate but warming. Would recommend.
I had a box of it last year, I loved how bright it was, I think it was thanks to the cloves and the orange peel. I might get a box when I get through my current tea stash.

Ussed to drink PG Tips when we were younger. Then kinda moved to Yorkshire, now I live in Ireland I love Barrys Tea. The former is very close to Barrys though.
People who like strong breakfast tea, do get some Welsh Brew (Paned Gymreig) if you're ever in Wales. Especially the Gold variety. So nice.

Last edited: