Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
Did you see Lana’s comments about her job being the production? I thought it sounded really big headed and wanky but I’m not a fan at all.

Reactions: 4

tellmewhy

VIP Member
I don't get the "but thats the whole format of the podcast" comment. That doesn't excuse it, and it still shows a lot of how he is as a person to make those comments. Especially so publicly so who knows what sort of things he says behind closed doors if he says those on a podcast. No one forced him to go on the podcast or say those things.
Yeah I said it was gross and completely not funny but my point is just that you can’t sum someone up as a person by a one hour podcast where they said stupid shit. The podcast is supposed to be satire, it’s just not a funny one. Taylor knows him as a whole person, not just a Twitter thread which other people are basing their whole assumptions on, that’s why it’s ridiculous people are writing letters to her, she literally knows him

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
If I manage to get tickets it’ll be an Ireland show on my own. I heard her play Croke Park from a distance the last time and I’d love to go this time. She can hold on announcing the dates though I’m beyond broke for the next few months 😂

JLXRD

VIP Member
I did wonder this with him pulling fans up on stage to kiss them, how does that work? Are The 1975 gigs 18+? If not do they make the girls show their ID or something before being allowed on stage? I really don’t get how he can responsibly regulate it.
Not to defend him but yes if someone looks young, there are clips of him asking for their ID before he does the kiss. I do feel the robbers kiss gets dodgier the older he gets though.

He didn’t do the robbers kiss at the show I went to and the show after that was the one Taylor was at (I was literally distraught that I missed her by a day)

QueenBW

VIP Member
I absolutely don’t mean that she became less talented or less popular but she even said in miss Americana she didn’t think she had much longer left. I think maybe she was prepared to start slowing down with Joe and because of Covid it could have felt that she was being forced that way.
As successful as folklore and evermore were, there was no tour and no appearances but she got away with that because no one was going anywhere anyway, she could have easily just decided that was the life for her but I’m not sure how much longer she could have had if she just carried on surprise dropping music and not touring it.
I'm assuming by appearances you mean concerts cause she did have appearances at the CMAs, SNL, etc.

I always took the Miss Americana comment to be more about societal pressures and expectations. Because she says something like "I want to be here while I'm still allowed to". There haven't been many artists who have managed to stay super successful into their middle aged years.

I personally think Taylor could go the distance and even with a lower profile, because she is already THAT famous and she has the whole obsessive clue searching and the songwriting too. But I guess it's one of these things where we'll never know cause she'll always go back to courting the media.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
i found it interesting that she sung "brother" as he has two brothers. I wonder was she only close to one?
Dunno but the bro you're talking about is a gorgeous wee thing. I say this as someone definitely old enough to be his mother, so nothing creepy in it, lol. He's just adorable looking.

Lilykins

VIP Member
I keep seeing a lot of people making the “wine stained dress” for their eras concert outift and I can’t help but think they probably don’t wash it after they’ve stained it and end up absolutely stinking to have to stand next to for 3 hours 😂
I absolutely admire all these people going to all this effort even though you don’t meet Taylor anymore for it. Seriously - that’s commitment to the cause!

tellmewhy

VIP Member
Retirement? She put out two of her strongest albums while on lockdown, when no one had seen her, or anyone, in months. Same with Reputation if you're more of a Rep girl, it came out after she scrubbed her socials, stopped the planned pap walks, literally says no one has heard from me for months, etc.

If anything, I think being less focused on fame makes her better at her art. The problem is that she always comes back to courting massive, in your face, saturated fame.

No one actually needs overexposure.
I absolutely don’t mean that she became less talented or less popular but she even said in miss Americana she didn’t think she had much longer left. I think maybe she was prepared to start slowing down with Joe and because of Covid it could have felt that she was being forced that way.
As successful as folklore and evermore were, there was no tour and no appearances but she got away with that because no one was going anywhere anyway, she could have easily just decided that was the life for her but I’m not sure how much longer she could have had if she just carried on surprise dropping music and not touring it.

pencilpen

Olivia made money from her album and had to credit several different artists, it's not like Taylor is making money from the dance is it, no one has gone to the tour just to see it. I agree creatives should be compensated I'm not against it and I hope she does but people on twitter are being ridiculous harping on about how he made the song successful and how he should recieve $$$s when he initially seemed over the moon for her to have done it. It'll just stifle the creative desert that is social media even further.