Taylor Swift #8 This thread is about you. You know who you are. I love you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going a bit off topic but what does everyone think of her directing? I think it's fine but nothing special. I think the praise/opportunity to make her own film are purely because of her big following rather than her talent.
Don’t know much about directing but I’ve never seen a shot and been like “wowwww” in her music videos. interested to see her film but I agree she wouldn’t be directing the film without her following - the writing on the other hand, we all know she’s a talented writer so I don’t mind that as much

Reactions: 7

This is such bad form. I know he’s now gotten his tickets but he had to publicly call them out. Also would have expected him to get a meet and greet with Taylor. Not a great look.

Reactions: 15
Unsure about what she is doing with Matt Healy.

However, three things definitely tells me that she was the one who got dumped:

1. Her gal pals and man pal (Ryan Reynolds) all unfollowing Joe at once, after they all went out with Taylor.

2. Moving on to Matt so quickly after a public breakup as if she had something to prove ( people who initiate breakups don’t need to prove anything )

3. Being shush about and doing duck all when it comes to decently asking her manic fans to stop attacking and accusing Joe. Especially when no one knows why the break up happened. If this was the love of your life and you did the dumping, you’d have common decency to ask that people respect your ex s privacy.

Joe is a class act. She is still stuck at age 13.

Reactions: 26
Going a bit off topic but what does everyone think of her directing? I think it's fine but nothing special. I think the praise/opportunity to make her own film are purely because of her big following rather than her talent.
Same. She's fine but she's no prodigy or great creative force in the directing arena. Guess we shall see when she actually directs her movie.
---

This is such bad form. I know he’s now gotten his tickets but he had to publicly call them out. Also would have expected him to get a meet and greet with Taylor. Not a great look.
Even worse when we know she gets really protective of her IP/creative work. We know she's try to end whoever shortchanged her after using her creative work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Even worse when we know she gets really protective of her IP/creative work. We know she's try to end whoever shortchanged her after using her creative work.
I know she probably had no idea about him not getting tickets but he should be compensated as well, invited up on stage or given the 22 hat. He made Bejeweled go viral

Reactions: 6

This is ridiculous. He made that song go viral on tik tok he deserves more than just tickets

Reactions: 7
3. Being shush about and doing duck all when it comes to decently asking her manic fans to stop attacking and accusing Joe. Especially when no one knows why the break up happened. If this was the love of your life and you did the dumping, you’d have common decency to ask that people respect your ex s privacy.

Joe is a class act. She is still stuck at age 13.
Idk if she would ever call out her fans.

I remember Jake doing an interview and I can't remember if he actually referred to ATW10 or was just hinting at it, but I'm sure he said something like he believes artists should be free to use their experiences in their art but when they see their fans going too far they should have a responsibility to not encourage people piling on someone.

It's tricky as I do see it as treat someone badly and you deserve what's coming to you, but is it fair and where is the line? It's so different compared to a normal person going and telling their friends what a guy did wrong, you're not putting them on blast to the entire world and then doing it all again 10 years later lol.

I LOVE ATW and I'm not saying she shouldn't have written it. I guess it's the fans who go too far that are the problem. So whether or not that is Taylor's responsibility is blurry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I know she probably had no idea about him not getting tickets but he should be compensated as well, invited up on stage or given the 22 hat. He made Bejeweled go viral
But she should have paid him for his work, from the start.

• Haha
Has Taylor ever been "cancelled" before?
A little in 2016, after Kim K posted the audio of the conversation with Kanye, and people were calling her snake. She was overexposed with the whole Hiddlestone circus show and popular opinion was turning against her, and then she disappeared until Reputation.

ETA: obviously the hardcore Swifties never wavered but people who like her more superficially were over her.

Reactions: 14
A little in 2016, after Kim K posted the audio of the conversation with Kanye, and people were calling her snake. She was overexposed with the whole Hiddlestone circus show and popular opinion was turning against her, and then she disappeared until Reputation.

ETA: obviously the hardcore Swifties never wavered but people who like her more superficially were over her.
I find it genuinely bizarre that people are actually THAT invested in someone's life. I don't know how celebrities handle it day in day out. I don't feel they should have a 'responsibility' to calm fans down, people genuinely shouldn't be that bat tit crazy that they start attacking someone based on a break up/who you're dating. Like, would anyone do that in real life? You'd probably have a witch about it to your friends and maybe a few snide glares here and there but to actually attack someone to the extreme that these fans do? Like who actually cares what happened with her and Joe? Who cares who she is dating? Why do people think its OK to have such an opinion. Taylor is doing no different to what any human would do after a break up (who hasn't jumped on someone else straight away after a heartbreak?). I'm a huge taylor fan, have been since I was younger and her country singer days but I don't care 😂😂

Ps I didn't mean to add this to your comment, I know you're not saying anything that I've said. I'm just genuinely flabbergasted by the whole situ

Reactions: 16
I find it genuinely bizarre that people are actually THAT invested in someone's life. I don't know how celebrities handle it day in day out. I don't feel they should have a 'responsibility' to calm fans down, people genuinely shouldn't be that bat tit crazy that they start attacking someone based on a break up/who you're dating. Like, would anyone do that in real life? You'd probably have a witch about it to your friends and maybe a few snide glares here and there but to actually attack someone to the extreme that these fans do? Like who actually cares what happened with her and Joe? Who cares who she is dating? Why do people think its OK to have such an opinion. Taylor is doing no different to what any human would do after a break up (who hasn't jumped on someone else straight away after a heartbreak?). I'm a huge taylor fan, have been since I was younger and her country singer days but I don't care 😂😂

Ps I didn't mean to add this to your comment, I know you're not saying anything that I've said. I'm just genuinely flabbergasted by the whole situ
I agree it's super weird how invested fans get and them attacking people is way too far and borderline concerning lol. And Taylor can't be held totally responsible for them acting that way. But I would also say Taylor is very different to other celebs in that she's created a really personal relationship with her fans. @QueenBW worded it really well in a previous post about how she invites fans into her home/bakes for them/encourages them to work out what she's hinting at in songs etc. I think this encourages it all.

It's so different when you compare to someone like Beyonce or Rihanna. Even when the Jay Z cheating rumours came out, the frenzy was nothing like what happens with Taylor's break ups.

Reactions: 13
I agree it's super weird how invested fans get and them attacking people is way too far and borderline concerning lol. And Taylor can't be held totally responsible for them acting that way. But I would also say Taylor is very different to other celebs in that she's created a really personal relationship with her fans. @QueenBW worded it really well in a previous post about how she invites fans into her home/bakes for them/encourages them to work out what she's hinting at in songs etc. I think this encourages it all.

It's so different when you compare to someone like Beyonce or Rihanna. Even when the Jay Z cheating rumours came out, the frenzy was nothing like what happens with Taylor's break ups.
Yeah I 100% agree about the comparison with Beyonce, it is beyond. I also agree with the relationship she has with her fans, I'd completely forgot about the intimate things she creates with them which is far different from any other celebrity! I do adore her but I also find it all so bizarre. I feel like she just has a constant need to be wanted/needed and will do anything for that which probably is why she is never really without a male companion haha

Reactions: 12

I mean I'd have thought she'd have sorted some merch and a meet and greet for him as she is good to her fans usually, but she performed it on stage probably as a nod to him rather than it being the making of the show; she liked his reaction video and saw how excited he was. But unless a content creator is asked to make content why would they be paid? It's hardly like any song on midnight's would have been an obscure and lowly streamed song, bejeweled included. The premise of TT is pretty much using trending sounds and hoping to go viral, is it going to become fake like insta where everything is created for £s? I don't think she's done anything wrong really?

Reactions: 14
I mean I'd have thought she'd have sorted some merch and a meet and greet for him as she is good to her fans usually, but she performed it on stage probably as a nod to him rather than it being the making of the show; she liked his reaction video and saw how excited he was. But unless a content creator is asked to make content why would they be paid? It's hardly like any song on midnight's would have been an obscure and lowly streamed song, bejeweled included. The premise of TT is pretty much using trending sounds and hoping to go viral, is it going to become fake like insta where everything is created for £s? I don't think she's done anything wrong really?
She used choreography he created. I find it kinda basic, but that's what she did. As such, he should be compensated. It's not the same as an insta influencer shilling Function of Beauty shampoo.

Reactions: 10
If there was confusion with his tickets he should have gone back to Taylor Nation before yesterday. I would say he'll be given more than just the tickets. It's not like she's not normally generous with fans etc.

If there was confusion with his tickets he should have gone back to Taylor Nation before yesterday. I would say he'll be given more than just the tickets. It's not like she's not normally generous with fans etc.
He said he tried to get in touch with TN many times

Reactions: 6
She used choreography he created. I find it kinda basic, but that's what she did. As such, he should be compensated. It's not the same as an insta influencer shilling Function of Beauty shampoo.
She did it as a nod to her fans who made it viral, also publicly liked his tik tok and this gave him a platform as articles credited him etc. She is the capitalist queen though so I suppose should know that people expect money in return for anything these days. Its not like people went to see the show for a few seconds of choreography, or as if a professional couldn't have created something decent, seemed like a sweet nod to someone who of their own free will had posted a tik tok using her music and the thousands of others made it viral by copying it. Most of her songs were trending, probably best if she doesn't bother referencing anything by her fans in future.

• Heart
Taylor wanted to be credited (and therefore get royalties) on Olivia Rodriguez on Dejavu for the "shout" style bridge so she should be gracious enough to compensate this guy.

Reactions: 15
Olivia made money from her album and had to credit several different artists, it's not like Taylor is making money from the dance is it, no one has gone to the tour just to see it. I agree creatives should be compensated I'm not against it and I hope she does but people on twitter are being ridiculous harping on about how he made the song successful and how he should recieve $$$s when he initially seemed over the moon for her to have done it. It'll just stifle the creative desert that is social media even further.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.