Taylor Swift #45 Loves a Bad Boy (Not a Terrorist Though)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
doing my eyelashes while listening to the album and then LOML came on and… let just say I have to redo my left eye. Bloody song

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve paused things with my boyfriend. I was supposed to give my notice to my flat tomorrow and I’ve been uneasy about it for weeks. We were discussing an issue we have on the way home from town today and he said that me and my mam discussed my (dead) sons dad every day for the month of December - and that he marked the days in his phone.

I told him that was weird controlling behaviour and asked why. He said he was joking but it’s really icked me out and I don’t know if I want to continue our relationship.

I’ve just agreed to this job and my son has a primary place. Everything is slotting into place but I don’t know if I can’t get past it.

sorry I just needed to vent and none of my friends irl have emotional capacity atm, which is fair and I respect that.

I think I’m going back to listening to Midnights tonight 😂😩
I’m so sorry you’re going through this @Chinese_whispers
You’re completely valid in feeling icked out by that, that’s such icky behaviour and icky to even joke about if it really was a “joke”.
Take some time for you and if your gut is screaming, there’s a reason. You deserve to be heard.

Reactions: 4
I feel like this thread is like all the drunk girls you meet on a night out in the toilets and everyone is so nice and kind to each other and I just love it 🥺🥺

(Insert gif of the girl from mean girls who doesn't even go here and has a lot of feelings)
🫶

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve paused things with my boyfriend. I was supposed to give my notice to my flat tomorrow and I’ve been uneasy about it for weeks. We were discussing an issue we have on the way home from town today and he said that me and my mam discussed my (dead) sons dad every day for the month of December - and that he marked the days in his phone.

I told him that was weird controlling behaviour and asked why. He said he was joking but it’s really icked me out and I don’t know if I want to continue our relationship.

I’ve just agreed to this job and my son has a primary place. Everything is slotting into place but I don’t know if I can’t get past it.

sorry I just needed to vent and none of my friends irl have emotional capacity atm, which is fair and I respect that.

sorry to hear this, agree with the others, listen to your gut. I tend to think if hes doing this now then what will it be next? Can you stay in your place another couple of months before making a decision? Sorry you are having to go through this xx

• Heart
Soooo Robin… I’m normally good at figuring out what a song is about or making my own interpretation but… what is it about? Being a kid?

I’ve listened to it tons and I sing along but I feel like it’s one of my least faves because I’m like ???? What are you about???

Soooo Robin… I’m normally good at figuring out what a song is about or making my own interpretation but… what is it about?

I’ve listened to it tons and I sing along but I feel like it’s one of my least faves because I’m like ???? What are you about???
It’s about a child / childhood wonder. Apparently Aaron’s son is called Robin? But not confirmed

Reactions: 8
I feel like this thread is like all the drunk girls you meet on a night out in the toilets and everyone is so nice and kind to each other and I just love it 🥺🥺

(Insert gif of the girl from mean girls who doesn't even go here and has a lot of feelings)
I'm on my second bottle of Prosecco. I can confirm, I am one of those talkative witches in the toilet 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s about a child / childhood wonder. Apparently Aaron’s son is called Robin? But not confirmed
Ok thank you, this is sorta what I thought. I’m pretty meh on it. I do like singing way to go tiger tho.

• Heart
Soooo Robin… I’m normally good at figuring out what a song is about or making my own interpretation but… what is it about? Being a kid?

It’s supposed to be about childhood, innocence, wonder etc. I find it a bit incomprehensible though. I doubt I would have reached that conclusion if it hadn’t been spelled out for me!
Apparently Aaron’s son Robin was the inspiration

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This is going to seem exaggerated but I helped save someone’s life today (something I don’t normally do on a day to day basis) and from a mood point of view, it was not something that I needed after a week of listening to TTPD.

I also sent one of the songs to an ex who told me it was too close to home and that it sounded like I’d told Taylor what to write.

I am totes emosh right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This is going to seem exaggerated but I helped save someone’s life today (something I don’t normally do on a day to day basis) and from a mood point of view, it was not something that I needed after a week of listening to TTPD.

I also sent one of the songs to an ex who told me it was too close to home and that it sounded like I’d told Taylor what to write.

I am totes emosh right now.
Sending hugs, I hope you’re ok x

• Heart
It’s supposed to be about childhood, innocence, wonder etc. I find it a bit incomprehensible though. I doubt I would have reached that conclusion if it hadn’t been spelled out for me!
Apparently Aaron’s son Robin was the inspiration
I didn't get it until I listened while reading the lyrics and then I was in a lake of tears listening.

ETA I have 3 young kids, the youngest of whom still plays with dinosaurs, roaring 😭

ETA 2 - @Chinese_whispers sending hugs. I think you've made the right call x

• Heart
Reactions: 7

best friends know what to say.

thanks guys! You’re all fabulous ❤❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Did the song sorter for all 31 songs

IMG_4759.jpeg

• Heart
I guess I just look at the artistic aspect and the fact he uses his platform to speak about Palestine when so many remain quite. I admit I have a totally romanticised idea of him and maybe if I was in a relationship with him id find him painfully boring!! 🤣🤣
Curious about the artistic thing, his acting seems pretty average and run of the mill and none of his film choices seem overly artistic or creative. He’s never done theatre either!
---
No one that has written the whole Bon Iver part of Exile is cold and dry. Maybe not funny, but I imagine Joe as having that dry British wit. I actually watched an interview with him and Paul Mescal where they interviewed each other and thought he seemed pretty smart and funny in a quiet way. Like you need to catch the inflection and stuff like that.

And yes @IdeletedbutI'mbackagain ! Photos from that night.
I was saying cold just thinking of Taylor’s songs like tolerate it which in new lights seem like could be about him and YLM - like he goes cold, dismissive and shuts down? But who am I to know really! He might be a sparkling wit and life and sole of the party! I’m sure he’s fine really, just strikes me as a really average guy.

Reactions: 1
Curious about the artistic thing, his acting seems pretty average and run of the mill and none of his film choices seem overly artistic or creative. He’s never done theatre either!
Okay I suppose his influence on folklore seemed pretty artistic to me but on a whole I see actors as pretty artistic by nature. I am an artistic person myself so I suppose I don't see it as literally being a singer or painter, just a persons vibe.

Okay I am typing with one eye shut for post Prosecco balance 🤣🤣 forgive me if I don't make any sense!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Okay I suppose his influence on folklore seemed pretty artistic to me but on a whole I see actors as pretty artistic by nature. I am an artistic person myself so I suppose I don't see it as literally being a singer or painter, just a persons vibe.

Okay I am typing with one ye shut for post Prosecco balance 🤣🤣 forgive me if I don't make any sense!!!
I’m a drama teacher so I get the idea of an artistic person. I wasn’t comparing him to van gough or something in the literal sense!! But I wouldn’t say all actors are necessarily artisitc either! I suppose his influnce on folklore is there, but I know some people are on the fence about how much he was actually involved. Not that I’m a conspiracy theorist or anything!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.