Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
So are we thinking the videos are Anti Hero and vigilante shit or lavender haze? I can’t remember which had the upside down phone
Vigilante shit. I think that will be it. It's the most video-event friendly.

But it'll be very reppy-bad blood.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
The list is US only and it looks like there’s no space for going anywhere else. Disappointing that it’s probably going to be a wait until 2024 for Taylor to play over here
She’s often managed to squeeze a couple of U.K. dates in with the US dates so don’t lose hope just yet

honkytonkcat

I managed to bag glasto tickets this morning, still holding onto a glimmer of hope that she’ll be headlining 🤞🏼🤞🏼

!noseyparker!

Was this the first time they met in person? Even if they had, first time singing it live together with an audience - that's so awesome! I don't think it would be worth the hassle or money to even try to get tour tickets for Midnights (and I live in a big city but not one stadium acts tend to come to so it would have to be overnight) but if she toured Folkmore I would seriously consider it. I enjoyed Midnights but they really have just made me listen to Folkmore a lot again!

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
If her songs are about bfs from years ago then I find it a bit fucked up that she’s happy with Joe and writing about ex relationships so passionately. I like to hope they’re mainly about the fans or other people’s stories!
On Jimmy Fallon she said it was all personal.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Those of us who have listened, who/what do you think each song is about? Obviously Anti-Hero is about self-loathing, and I am fairly convinced Vigilante Shit is about Scooter but can’t work out the rest.

Also the album is out tomorrow!! I wonder what the surprises she has in store are. After hearing the album, I would like an Aaron-ified version. I don’t think he is the producer of Hits Different as I’ve heard a snippet of it and it sounds like Jack again. So wonder what his tweet referenced?
We know what lavender haze is about also.
Not in order but in order of me remembering.

karma - kanye and the implosion of his life
mastermind - her plotting to get with joe
question - harry (because of the I remember sample)
sweet nothings - Joe and the simplicity he gives her
Bejeweled - not sure which relationship this refers to. Possibly Harry or Jake
Maroon - Deffo jake. The red references are everywhere
Snow on the Beach - what could have been and what probably couldn't really have been? Not sure who it's about.
Vigilante shit is part real part fantasy.
Labyrinth - not sure who but isn't it the one about taking their whole life to get over someone. Need to see lyrics
You're on your own kid - the insecurites of, unrequited love, eating disorder
Midnight rain- taylor lautner

On a maybe/ maybe not unrelated note, I watched this yesterday morning and my jaw dropped at how impressive but ultimately bad and cringe this is. I'm guessing it was filmed shortly after her monologue (which references him)... given the decorations, probably December...

This is definitely part of the reason she dumped him. Has to be. Swiftly after this too, lol.

Brace yourselves.

Last edited:

ls240898

VIP Member
well he was doing lines, and crossing all of mine

Can I ask you a question?
Did you ever have someone kiss you in a crowded room?
And every single one of your friends was making fun of you
But fifteen seconds latеr they were clapping too
Thеn what did you do?
Did you leave her house in the middle of the night? [Oh
Did you wish you put up more of a fight? [Oh
When she said it was too much, do you wish you could still touch her?
It’s just a question

Best believe I’m still bejeweled when I walk in the room
I can still make the whole place shimmer
And when I meet the band, they ask, “Do you have a man?”
I can still say, “I don’t remember”
Familiarity breeds contempt, don’t put me in the basement
When I want the penthouse of your heart
Diamonds in my eyes, I polish up real, I polish up real nice
[Nice]

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
my favorites after two listens:
lavender haze
maroon
anti-hero
midnight rain
bejeweled
maybe question? and mastermind

still haven't listened to the deluxe tracks though. I'm scared

newtoyou

VIP Member
I did the song sorter (https://jesseepinkman.tumblr.com/midnightssort) and here’s my current ranking. Obviously couldn’t decide on the middle ones as loads are ranked 8 😅

RankSong
1Karma
2Bejeweled
3Maroon
3Anti-Hero
5You’re on Your Own, Kid
5Midnight Rain
7Mastermind
8Lavender Haze
8Question...?
8Vigilante Shit
8Hits Different
8The Great War
8High Infidelity
14Snow on the Beach ft. Lana Del Rey
14Bigger Than The Whole Sky
14Would've, Could've, Should've
17Paris
17Glitch
19Labyrinth
19Sweet Nothing
19Dear Reader

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
Wow I’m underwhelmed… this was my favorite album photoshoot so I had super high hopes based on it and everything she has said about the 70’s vibes.

It’s not bad at all, but after impactful works like folklore and evermore this feels more of the same, like a continuation of lover. I don’t even feel the urge to replay the album which I always do. Hopefully it’ll grow on me.
are the rumoured lyrics to Karma true?? Please say they’re not…

ls240898

VIP Member
Capital One have said there’s something else tonight and are using Purple Hearts - Lavender Haze MV?