Taylor Swift #38 The Tortured Clowns Department

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she adds in a TTPD section to the tour where do you think it will go (as in inbetween which era)? Pretending that she doesn’t get rid of anything else of course.

Reactions: 3
I could believe the scarf theory if it wasn’t for would’ve could’ve should’ve. Give me back my girlhood?

Reactions: 16
If she adds in a TTPD section to the tour where do you think it will go (as in inbetween which era)? Pretending that she doesn’t get rid of anything else of course.
I think at the beginning maybe after fearless? Or in between lover and fearless. Sound dependent, she needs something high tempo either side as it sounds a bit like it’s gonna be a slower album

I could believe the scarf theory if it wasn’t for would’ve could’ve should’ve. Give me back my girlhood?
No, see, I don't think 'girlhood' is virginity per se at all. Here I believe it's more the loss of innocence, joy, naivety. It is the first *man* she was involved with and definitely sexual to an extent with. And then you grow up but realise it was fucked to give this time to someone much older than you.

Reactions: 18
I think at the beginning maybe after fearless? Or in between lover and fearless. Sound dependent, she needs something high tempo either side as it sounds a bit like it’s gonna be a slower album
Agree that could be a good place. In my dream it was after Speak Now and before Red which I also think could be a good place…

Imagine the chaos that first night if she has added it in. It would be like being there opening night.

Reactions: 5
I thought the "crumpled up piece of paper lying here" was more of a losing virginity metaphor than the scarf was-it is a pretty common metaphor for so called "sex education" in the US to show girls a piece of paper and then scrunch it up to evoke them losing their virginity/ "ruining" themselves. But the story of all too well, regardless of what happened between her and Gyllenhall, works better if it was her first time, so Swift is evoking that.

Reactions: 12
I thought the "crumpled up piece of paper lying here" was more of a losing virginity metaphor than the scarf was-it is a pretty common metaphor for so called "sex education" in the US to show girls a piece of paper and then scrunch it up to evoke them losing their virginity/ "ruining" themselves. But the story of all too well, regardless of what happened between her and Gyllenhall, works better if it was her first time, so Swift is evoking that.
Wowsers that is messed up sex education 😬

Reactions: 12
I have heard that some people think it was her virginity. But I always assumed it was a metaphor. I agree it doesn’t seem serious but the lyrics on all too well suggest it was from her side. It’s one of my favourite songs. I think Taylor is one of those people that falls in lust HARD.

Reactions: 8
Added you @knivesnflowers

Paris May 12
gossipgal21

Lisbon May 26
atomic

Edinburgh June 7
Smudge126
Fifah1907
g321

Edinburgh June 8
ls240898
Caffeine Fiend
Em28_
maxxxxx

Edinburgh June 9
Caffeine Fiend
EnoughAlready
Roarr

Liverpool June 13
ls240898
Rfl2018
Ladybird90
slugella

Liverpool June 14
Tiger Tat
Jen141230

Liverpool June 15
Folkevermore
Plinkplonk
knivesnflowers

Cardiff June 18
ishant
ChilliBean

London June 21
JLXRD
Jomblewomble
Tellmewhy
grannypants

London June 22
Honkytonkcat

London June 23
LittlePea
ScottsTots04

Dublin June 28
Shutuplori
Bellbells16
Tadpole

Dublin June 29
Tiggerhappy

Amsterdam July 5
rosecattt

Warsaw August 1
ishant

Vienna August 10
rosecattt

London August 15
Honkytonkcat
Taffygirl77

London August 16
JLXRD
ls240898
Polkadot123
Lilykins

London August 17
Folkevermore
Jomblewomble
Tellmewhy
Foolishone
Em28_
Plinkplonk
Yupyupyup

London August 19
odetotheseaweed
Don't Drink the Kool Aid
Dontwanttokeepsecrets
emerald
Trixxx

London August 20
Ladybird90

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Or in between lover and fearless. Sound dependent, she needs something high tempo either side as it sounds a bit like it’s gonna be a slower album
I agree, if she's going for slower songs The Archer slows the vibe down a lot - plus could really work with the whole "who could ever leave me but who could stay" thing

The transitions between Lover and Fearless eras is a bit jarring too when you consider the tempo I guess

Has anyone used any earplugs for concerts that they sound recommended? I’ve heard people mention loop but wondered if there were any others!

so much about that Beyoncé album we don’t know yet! I love this

IMG_5860.png

I would love it Taylor had some songwriting credits on this album. Why tf were they in each other orbit so much otherwise?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
so much about that Beyoncé album we don’t know yet! I love this

View attachment 2844602
I would love it Taylor had some songwriting credits on this album. Why tf were they in each other orbit so much otherwise?
The album has been in the making for five years so I’d be surprised if she’s on this! Taylor and Beyoncé are my two favourites but I truly wouldn’t like it if they had a vocal collab

Reactions: 4
I haven’t had a chance today to listen to Cowboy Carter yet. How good is it? I refuse to believe that it will be anything short of brilliant!

I haven’t had a chance today to listen to Cowboy Carter yet. How good is it? I refuse to believe that it will be anything short of brilliant!
Perhaps bias because I love Beyoncé, and basically everything she puts out. But it’s phenomenal! Even the ones that aren’t immediately grabbing me are growing me and it’s been less than a day. So much mainstream potential as well

Reactions: 6
Perhaps bias because I love Beyoncé, and basically everything she puts out. But it’s phenomenal! Even the ones that aren’t immediately grabbing me are growing me and it’s been less than a day. So much mainstream potential as well
I’m just down to the Post Malone duet 🥵🥵🥵

Reactions: 2
I’m no post Malone fan really (only heard Better Now!) but I didn’t know he could saaaaaang
yeah! I’ve no clue about him either!
But this song really worked. I’m now excited for Fortnight
---
Ffs 😂😂😂😂

IMG_5862.png

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.