Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

QueenBW

VIP Member
I've been a long time lurker on this thread and never (or hardly ever posted) but I read everything everyday and I genuinely do NOT understand why it's such a problem Travis mentioned her in his interview question or she did him in hers 🤷‍♀️. I'm a huge Taylor fan (as I'm sure we all are) and it's only here I actually see all the stuff about her, when actively searching. This isn't being rude or anything, I'm just genuinely baffled why it's such an issue. Don't read it if you don't like it - surely?!
Literally impossible for one to know Taylor was going to mention Travis in the Time magazine article. So "don't read if you don't like it" is empty advice.

As to why I personally find it a problem, when Taylor gave that interview it was early fall. She hadn't been with the guy for three months, and she was giving him a lengthy mention in an interview for an award on her career achievements. He, simply put , id not deserve it. This wasn't a woman recognizing her partner of twenty years for the support, say. It was like if you went to a job interview and gushed about your first date. It read desperate and disrespectful to her own career, to me. For someone who is visibly upset by the media narrative that she's boy crazy, she played right into their hands.

Travis to me reads like a clout chaser, mentioning the most famous woman in the world during work press conferences. It's unprofessional.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

ChilliBean

VIP Member
Karma ft ice spice deserves NOTHING. That is up there with one of the worst things I’ve ever heard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

narcisxa

It was so weird when she did that. She hadn't noticed she was on screen until the girl next to her went all giddy and pointed it out. Her face just turned to stone almost like I'm not giving you anything, I'm in control here. Very bizarre
She can’t win. If she ignores the cameras she’s accused of acting up and pretending she doesn’t know, if she dances and has fun she’s attention seeking, if she tells them to stop she’s bizarre. Give the gal a break and moan about something legitimate like her plane usage or not giving us rep yet.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

ls240898

VIP Member
People Magazine exclusive.

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift Are 'Really Happy Together' but 'Still Seeing Where It Goes': Source (Exclusive)

"They're having a lot of fun," a source tells PEOPLE of Kelce and Swift, who went public with their romance in the fall.

Link
IMG_5291.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

QueenBW

VIP Member
Twitter is brutal sometimes but I did laugh 🤣😭
Truly a man that rides the subway when he could definitely pay for a cab or private car (he might be a povo compared to Taylor but he's not actually poor) and Little Miss Private Jet were never ever going to work out.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Tadpole

Am I the only one that sniggered a bit at "has to rush off to catch her flight", as if she's got to be at check-in desk 3 hours early to queue up and hope her carry on luggage fits in the wee compartment.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I mean, fair play to you all for following this but no amount of Taylor can make me interested in American Football 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Luce0331

VIP Member
Am I the only one that sniggered a bit at "has to rush off to catch her flight", as if she's got to be at check-in desk 3 hours early to queue up and hope her carry on luggage fits in the wee compartment.
She’s gotta pick out her WHSmith meal deal

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I wish it was as easy as “stop looking”. I listen to her music daily so every algorithm shows me stuff about her while I’m scrolling. It’s not something I actively look for.

She used an interview about her once in a generation impressive career to talk about her blow-in boyfriend of three months. Highly unprofessional at best and incredibly desperate and weird at worst.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

QueenBW

VIP Member
I'll also add a likely unpopular opinion, but I think that we all should be critical consumers what with this post capital nightmare we live in. Taylor is super smart and knows how to capitalize on the persona she spent years building. Even as fans, we shouldn't just be all "well if I don't like X thing she's doing, I just won't read about it and ignore it! I'll separate art from artist!" She's built an empire on us buying her stuff and buying into the persona she created. There's no separating art from artist here, imo. So to me, that gives us a right to be critical consumers and not just passive ones. And that doesn't mean always being negative. Just using our critical thinking. Some of us will have no issue with X thing, others will. It's interesting to me reading about it and thinking of angles I hadn't seen, for example.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

grannypants

VIP Member
Just catching up on everyone’s dream surprise songs and here are mine for london night one

IMG_4829.png

thank you goodnight

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24