Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Taylor Swift #3; where’s the scarf, Jake?

or

Jake is now in Witness’s Protection

Reactions: 6
Was this posted yet? Not usually a soppy person, but this performance made me cry a bit, she’s so good at delivering emotions.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think a lot of the new verses in ATW10 were either reworked or simply written for this. The style is too different, and there are some lyrics from ATW in the lover diaries and none of them are in the song.

I believe the ten minute version was probably her mumbling ideas of lyrics. But the song became a fan favorite and once she mentioned the ten minute demo everyone became obsessed with it. And once she had to re-record RED, she couldn't add vault tracks without the ten minute version.

It felt like the new lyrics were written with the short film in mind, like a soundtrack. Like she was looking back on the relationship 10 ish years later. Not like she wrote them at 19 or 20 years old.
Yes, I totally agree. As a whole, the lyrics just don't seem to flow and the "new" bits sound like add-ons.

I am definitely in a minority who felt underwhelmed by the short film. It felt too literal and attached to the lyrics, I was expecting something a bit more artsy, I suppose. She's an amazing lyricist and singer-songwriter, but a great director she is not.

Reactions: 5
The part I really love in ATW is “Not weeping in a party bathroom / Some actress asking me what happened, you / That's what happened, you.” I just think it’s a really nice medley. I hate the line about lover stay the same age, it sounds ad-libbed

New music video tomorrow!!
Written and directed by Blake lively!!!
What song do we think?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
SNL was good, but I wonder if she'll ever top this incredible one?

---

I do love her merch store, the duck the patriarchy keychain was obviously going to come but the all too well tissues was an unexpected surprise 😆
Screenshot_20211114-155023_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
The part I really love in ATW is “Not weeping in a party bathroom / Some actress asking me what happened, you / That's what happened, you.” I just think it’s a really nice medley. I hate the line about lover stay the same age, it sounds ad-libbed
I wonder who the actress was, I don’t think ‘some’ is a nice way to refer to someone so I’ve decided there’s some sort of drama there 👀

• Sick
Reactions: 1
I wonder who the actress was, I don’t think ‘some’ is a nice way to refer to someone so I’ve decided there’s some sort of drama there 👀
I think she weaves in fact and fiction in her lyrics. Everyone already assumes ATW is about Jake. Also name dropping isn't really nice, and I don't feel like it would've had a narrative/story telling purpose.

Not everything is drama or shade.

• Haha
Im convinced it’s Maggie but my husband is refusing to acknowledge this

Im convinced it’s Maggie but my husband is refusing to acknowledge this
There was something on Twitter earlier suggesting it was Jennifer Aniston because of something Taylor said about an encounter with her in a bathroom. No idea how true that is though!

My boyfriend has just told me I need to turn Taylor Swift off now because I’ve been listening to her for 3 days solid and it’s getting silly… safe to say I’m packing his bags right now x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
My boyfriend has just told me I need to turn Taylor Swift off now because I’ve been listening to her for 3 days solid and it’s getting silly… safe to say I’m packing his bags right now x
good for you hun, does he need help packing

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.