Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My preorder hasn’t arrived yet as I only ordered the signed version a couple of nights ago…. Im going to hold off listening to it till I get my cd!! Loving reading all of your insight though!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
All too well is a love/hate letter to that first long term trash boyfriend we all had. I dated someone at 18 who was 25, and he was just bleeping awful.

Reactions: 3
my only issue with atw 10 min is the fade out! I loathe a fade out and Taylor so rarely uses it - can only think of august (which I love with all my heart otherwise) that also fades out

gonna try and stay up for the film! just saw this tweet from the premiere earlier which is ❤

Reactions: 2
My preorder hasn’t arrived yet as I only ordered the signed version a couple of nights ago…. Im going to hold off listening to it till I get my cd!! Loving reading all of your insight though!!
signed CD's aren't being shipped until next week, well that's what mine said anyway!

Ive only listened to Ronan twice in my life. The second time was to listen to Taylor’s version. Doubt I’ll ever listen to it again, it’s just not a topic I want to hear a song about. I know a lot of people feel like that with SYGB
Yep I completely feel that, I don't think I will listen to it again anytime soon but wanted to hear her voice in this version and watch the lyric video. It's heartbreaking but I'm glad funds from the royalties are going to a good cause (at least I think they are!).

10 minute version 😭😭
I’m far too old for this fan girl tit but god I’ve always loved this song 😂

her lyrics are pure genius.
“you call me up again just to break me like a promise” will ALWAYS be one of the best lyrics ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
loved loved loved the film! 😭

first part was basically every bad relationship I had between 18-24 and I actually did a lil air punch at "thirteen years gone"

particularly loved that her triumph was professional rather than like showing up to an event with a hotter boyfriend

• Heart
Reactions: 7
10 minute version 😭😭
I’m far too old for this fan girl tit but god I’ve always loved this song 😂

her lyrics are pure genius.
“you call me up again just to break me like a promise” will ALWAYS be one of the best lyrics ever.
I'm old af and I love her.

That's never been my favourite lyric from that song (I prefer the lost in translation part) but I realise I'm massively in the minority here.

The short film is fabulous. He was a tit to her but from I Bet You Think About Me, he sounds like a pretentious douche anyway and she's better off without him. Plus think of all the wonderful songs that came after him. He did us a favour.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm 48 and I bloody love her 🥰 this song is everything.....After listening to the ten minute version, I feel like dated Jake Gyllenhaal and he broke my heart, and I really want my scarf back.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
What struck me the most was just how young Sadie looks compared to Dylan to the point I felt uncomfortable watching them being intimate but that’s actually the whole point! Taylor was so young! You’re meant to feel uncomfortable! And Jake had no reason to date someone so much younger than him and if all the scenes are based on their real life relationship moments then it’s pretty clear Jake took advantage of Taylor and her age (considering he’s still dating young women too). The amount of gaslighting shocked me! He treated her so terribly. Dylan really embodied Jake in it too - his mannerisms, the way he spoke, his body language etc etc. Sadie was amazing too. The whole short film just broke my heart in all honestly! 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I am broken. I had a few tears listening to the 10 min version yesterday but I bawled my eyes out watching the short film this morning. A few thoughts:
-Sadie Sink is so beautiful and I wish I looked like her
-As @PeonyBlush said, the age disparity was alarming
-I’m glad Taylor didn’t show up as the actress in the bathroom, that would have been too cheesy
-Does anyone have an address for Jake G? Just so my therapist knows where to send the bill

Reactions: 5
my only issue with atw 10 min is the fade out! I loathe a fade out and Taylor so rarely uses it - can only think of august (which I love with all my heart otherwise) that also fades out

gonna try and stay up for the film! just saw this tweet from the premiere earlier which is ❤

My boyfriend joked this morning she needed the fade to get it to 10 minutes haaaaa

• Haha
Oh my god I love ATW10 so much more in the context of the film! The longer instrumental between the second chorus and bridge😍😍

I am obsessed with I Bet You Think About Me. I get why it was cut originally because it is so petty (Mr Superior Thinking get ready John Mayer) but I’m glad it’s come now, I love the blend of Chris Stapleton’s voice with Taylor’s.

I don’t think I’ll ever get over ATW10. “You kept me like a secret but I kept you like an oath” absolutely FLOORED ME. Then with the context of the short film too, it is absolutely stunning. I can’t believe a record that has never been my favourite has wrecked me like this. I can’t even begin to think about the person I’ll be when Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) is announced.

Reactions: 7
signed CD's aren't being shipped until next week, well that's what mine said anyway!

Yep I completely feel that, I don't think I will listen to it again anytime soon but wanted to hear her voice in this version and watch the lyric video. It's heartbreaking but I'm glad funds from the royalties are going to a good cause (at least I think they are!).
Thank you - I’ve caved anyway and listened to it digitally 🤣

I just love RED so much and reliving it like this feels such a treat. The film is just…. There are no words for how beautiful and devastating it was.

Last edited:
I am obsessed with I Bet You Think About Me. I get why it was cut originally because it is so petty (Mr Superior Thinking get ready John Mayer) but I’m glad it’s come now, I love the blend of Chris Stapleton’s voice with Taylor’s.

I don’t think I’ll ever get over ATW10. “You kept me like a secret but I kept you like an oath” absolutely FLOORED ME. Then with the context of the short film too, it is absolutely stunning. I can’t believe a record that has never been my favourite has wrecked me like this. I can’t even begin to think about the person I’ll be when Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) is announced.
Did you think it was John Mayer? I assumed Jake again because of the Beverley hills silver spoon part. His parents were in the film industry afaik.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.