Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

newtoyou

VIP Member
Breathe! This was given to tumblr as a sneak peak (not a leak). Sorry for spamming this thread by the way!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Nottsgirl

Chatty Member
I’m just glad it’s a Taylor appearance that I don’t have to stay up until 3am to watch live! (looking at you grammys)

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
loved loved loved the film! 😭

first part was basically every bad relationship I had between 18-24 and I actually did a lil air punch at "thirteen years gone"

particularly loved that her triumph was professional rather than like showing up to an event with a hotter boyfriend

• Heart

JombleWomble

VIP Member
A few years ago (pre-2016 drama I think) Taylor said she didn't think she would have kids because it wouldn't be fair to raise them within so much fame. But she has since said she can go out in public now in disguise without anyone realising it's her. She dated Joe for months without anyone realising even. So I do wonder if she's found a way to have some balance between fame and "real life" which would allow her to have a healthy family. If she wants one-obviously it's totally fine if she doesn't but if she'd love to be a mum then it would be so so sad for her level of fame to prevent it.

I do agree with her though that as a woman the speculation about marriage/babies gets so intense when we turn 30 and I'm glad she's spoken out about how inappropriate and hurtful it can be.

Bluejeanzz

VIP Member
Breathe! This was given to tumblr as a sneak peak (not a leak). Sorry for spamming this thread by the way!

This re-record is going to cut DEEP 🥲 I remember hysterically crying in my childhood bedroom to this, I don’t know if I’m ready for the full thing 🤣

• Haha

newtoyou

VIP Member
I think both are a mix of both. the last great american dynasty, my tears ricochet, mirrorball, seven, peace etc on folklore and long story short, right where you left me, it’s time to go and willow etc on evermore are all definitely rooted in truth and her own experiences. there’s definitely plenty of songs that are fictional though, more on evermore I think.
Just to add to this I think her saying they were fiction was her way of avoiding the “who is this song about” thing that comes with every album. In the long pond sessions it was kind of obvious that loads of them had at least parts of autobiography. That came across for the descriptions of This is me trying and hoax especially.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Not sure if anyone would be interested but there's a song sorter where you choose between songs and it will tell you your ranking of Taylor swift songs. Its a bit long winded but if you are interested link below 😁

Omg I thought it was never gonna end 🤣 my eyes hurt now. My top 3 are predictable and I could have told you without even doing the bloody quiz 🤣🤷‍♀️
E0DE9A6D-C2E3-45B9-8F36-6EE08837F95A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
I love Lover. There is a few cheesy ones on there though.
But death by a thousand cuts is a masterpiece (said to be based off the film Someone great, if anyone has seen it)
Cruel summer is brill,can't wait to scream that in a crowd one day.
Cornelia Street- I have actually walked Cornelia street and seen where she lived. Definitely hits me in the feels along with The Archer (one of my fave tracks 5s)
The Archer is her masterpiece, in my opinion

• Heart

young_x

Red was the album that made me fall in love with Taylor Swift, so I am feeling very emotional right now! I was having a drink with my boyfriend when I read the announcement and I actually screamed and scared him. 🤣

But November? Really? How do I survive until then? 😭

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Has anyone listened to the Olivia Rodrigo album yet?

Im way too old to be listening to teen angst but its definitely a good listen :) baby Taylor!

ls240898

VIP Member
I'm definitely the oldest one here. 🙈😔😂
I think after folklore that idea of a very young demographic will change. Not by everyone, of course. It's partly Taylor's own doing that people tend not to take her seriously as an artist (through single choice). Everyone here knows the point re misogyny and sexism she's making with shake it off, but to many it just sounds like another one of those songs urging you to dance. I personally found love story too sickly sweet when it first came out.

The sad truth though, is that many people will disregard her as credible because she's a young (31 is still young (to me)), white, beautiful woman who came from a pretty privileged background.

She also had some boyfriends in her late teens/early 20s - this automatically means no man is ever gonna take her seriously enough to want to settle down. She's spoiled goods. And she likes to complain about things. Beautiful women need to just stop talking. And be sexy, but not actually have a sex life. God no.

And there are sadly many people who might think some of her songs are good, but will automatically assume she didn't write them. Or that she has songwriting credits, but that the real work was done by her male collaborators.

Oh and the best one. She bought her grammy. OR that the only reason she won was racism. I'm very annoyed that the weeknd was snubbed in the nominations (for playing the superbowl) because it slightly cheapens her very deserved win. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I remember when she won the Grammy for AOTY for Fearless, and everyone said she didn’t even write the songs herself. So she wrote Speak Now completely on her own and people never spoke a word about it again

Em28_

Chatty Member
I am obsessed with I Bet You Think About Me. I get why it was cut originally because it is so petty (Mr Superior Thinking get ready John Mayer) but I’m glad it’s come now, I love the blend of Chris Stapleton’s voice with Taylor’s.

I don’t think I’ll ever get over ATW10. “You kept me like a secret but I kept you like an oath” absolutely FLOORED ME. Then with the context of the short film too, it is absolutely stunning. I can’t believe a record that has never been my favourite has wrecked me like this. I can’t even begin to think about the person I’ll be when Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) is announced.

bublifuk

Do you prefer folklore or evermore? why?
This is so hard... I did a track-by-track comparison of both albums and Evermore won by one point though.
I think overall for me the lyrics on Evermore hit closer to home than Folklore's did, plus it has Cowboy Like Me and Gold Rush, two of my favourite songs ever probably. I also find myself listening to Evermore more than Folklore atm, but that may change in the warmer months. On that note, I absolutely love how she managed to capture the mood of the seasons in both albums. Such talent!!

Polkadot123

VIP Member
I love Lover. There is a few cheesy ones on there though.
But death by a thousand cuts is a masterpiece (said to be based off the film Someone great, if anyone has seen it)
Cruel summer is brill,can't wait to scream that in a crowd one day.
Cornelia Street- I have actually walked Cornelia street and seen where she lived. Definitely hits me in the feels along with The Archer (one of my fave tracks 5s)

• Heart

nurseren

VIP Member
I totally feel like I've fallen for shrewd corporate Taylor's plan, I don't even like stuff cluttering the house and the speakers in my car are rubbish. But it might be handy to have on standby for when there's no radio or internet signal 😆

At least I didn't fall for buying signed "me!" or the £35 100% acrylic scarf 😶
View attachment 859634
my husband has bought me this scarf. I always mention it when someone speaks about Jake, and it’s like a joke between us. I’m excited!

i went to Starbucks today to get her drink and listened to ATW. Well worth it.

• Heart

getawaywithit

VIP Member
This confirms suspicions that she is recording then releasing 1989 after Fearless, as those two are the most commercially viable and streamable. After that she will likely do Red, and then I imagine take her time with the other albums.