Tattoos

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im just wondering if any of you have experienced an old tattoo that is suddenly raised, I've only just noticed it recently and now I'm trying to figure out what may have caused it?

The skin around it looks a little dry but not sure what moisturiser to put on it.

Google was no help šŸ˜‚

Im just wondering if any of you have experienced an old tattoo that is suddenly raised, I've only just noticed it recently and now I'm trying to figure out what may have caused it?

The skin around it looks a little dry but not sure what moisturiser to put on it.

Google was no help šŸ˜‚
Have you been in the sun a lot or been on antibiotics? Is it itchy?x

Hey all

Wanted to get your view on tattoos. Do you like them? Do you have any and if so, how many and what kind of tattoo, ie colour or blank ink only?

Iā€™ve wanted one for the longest time, but I am super indecisive so always ended up changing mind. Iā€™ve finally decided to just go for it. Iā€™ve had a rough design idea in mind for ages and Iā€™ve found a tattoo artist who has similar styles in her portfolio of work. Sheā€™s currently in the process of coming up with my tattoo design.

Those of you with tattoos, any regrets?

Reactions: 3
Hi šŸ‘‹šŸ»

I personally love tattoos and I have 4 a mixture of colour & black and white but all are easily covered. Itā€™s such a personal decision so I would say donā€™t be too influenced by others!
I have one that I donā€™t love anymore but donā€™t regret it. It was something I put a lot of thought & meaning into at the time, I think Iā€™ve just grown up a lot since then.

Reactions: 5
I have long considered having a tatt (usually in the company of friends and lots of alcoholic drinks!). But I always rationalise and realise that I really don't want one at all.

I will admit that some tatts look really good on a woman, especially on shoulder blades and smalls of backs. But I have resisted temptation and just remained "bare"

• Haha
Yes I have several tattoos. Some black/grey and some full colour. I donā€™t regret them.

Iā€™d say if you want one, get it. But go for something that will age well - donā€™t get anything tacky or anything remotely like what any celebrity has for example.

I have one, which I donā€™t regret but with hindsight wish Iā€™d a less ā€˜inkyā€™ design as Iā€™m so pale I think itā€™s a bit harsh on me, but I love tattoos on other people. I would get more, but I donā€™t know if I can part with the cash as I want to buy a property one day and the best tattooists are always expensive (however definitely worth the money).

Reactions: 4
I hate them but then Iā€™m old and when I was younger it wasnā€™t a thing, especially for girls. But itā€™s your body, your choice šŸ˜Š

Reactions: 7
I have several tattoos and they all have their own story for me. I donā€™t regret any of them I must say.

I got a pair of wings with only God can judge me after I got divorced! My Ex spent several years degrading and humiliating me & I got this tattoo when I realised he had no control over me.

My most recent was when I lost my dad & I have this on my wrist for him. It says ā€œtu me manquesā€ which is french for ā€œYou are missing from me.ā€

You always have to do what fits you & is your Life Story. šŸ˜ƒ Hope that helps.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have two. One random one on my foot that was a mid 20s/only thing I could rebel against my Mum with as she was so laid back but was a no to tattoos lol .... And then because of Mum.... when she passed away I had a little yellow rose (her flower) on the top of my back with an eternity loop stem and her handwriting incorporated into the stem too (rebellion!) Lol. I forget it's there until I happen to see it in a mirror lol no desire to get more mind. I didn't find that either hurt. Just sat there scrolling through my phone

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have one on my shoulder. Never regretted it. Itā€™s pretty faded now and could do with recolouring.

Reactions: 6
I am pretty covered. The only tattoos I regrets are a couple I had when I was yoooouuunnngggg. I donā€™t regret them as such, I just live with them. Other than that I absolutely love them. Where abouts are you looking to have yours on your body. My advice is if it would be on display I.e arms and legs do not do it unless you are 100% confident you wonā€™t regret it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Another reason why I shied away from having a tatt is that it might cause issues should I ever have an MRI scan. The NHS website suggests most tatts are perfectly safe, but you should tell the radiographer prior or during the scan if any ill-effects happen during the scan.

• Wow
Another reason why I shied away from having a tatt is that it might cause issues should I ever have an MRI scan. The NHS website suggests most tatts are perfectly safe, but you should tell the radiographer prior or during the scan if any ill-effects happen during the scan.
What!!! Can you expand on this as I think I may need one soon and was not aware at all x

Reactions: 1
I think it's moreso for a recent tattoo (a bit like giving blood, but for different reasons) I had an MRI at the start of this year. I have a tattoo on my foot and declared that on the form I had to fill in. They asked me how long I've had it and when I said about 5 years that was no problem.

I will get more. I had two more script ones planned, but then came the fun that's been 2020, so will wait until we're back to some sort of normality again.
Definitely do your homework before you get it done as regards tattooists etc. Ask people who have them who they recommend. Don't be afraid to shop around. My cousin is tattooed head to toe so he gave me good advice on who to go to and more to the point who to avoid.
Also be wary of any that seem to be 'a bargain'. You definitely get what you pay for with tattoos. There's a saying "A good tattoo isn't cheap, a cheap tattoo isn't good". It's very true.

Reactions: 8
Thank you for your responses!

My main worry was that Iā€™d get bored of the design after a while. But Iā€™ve liked the idea of this kind of design for so long now. Plus after this year, Iā€™ve got much more of a ā€˜lifeā€™s too shortā€™ kind of attitude towards things, I think Iā€™d actually regret not getting it now.

The below is an example of the sort of thing I want, just with different flowers. Itā€™ll be a mix of myself and my mumā€™s favourite wildflowers. I want to get it on my wrist and have it slightly wrapped around. I want it where I can look at it whenever I want, so donā€™t want it anywhere too hidden

CEDA0B01-B1B0-4700-9A72-2D48AA07E73B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you for your responses!

My main worry was that Iā€™d get bored of the design after a while. But Iā€™ve liked the idea of this kind of design for so long now. Plus after this year, Iā€™ve got much more of a ā€˜lifeā€™s too shortā€™ kind of attitude towards things, I think Iā€™d actually regret not getting it now.

The below is an example of the sort of thing I want, just with different flowers. Itā€™ll be a mix of myself and my mumā€™s favourite wildflowers. I want to get it on my wrist and have it slightly wrapped around. I want it where I can look at it whenever donā€™t want it anywhere too hidden

View attachment 286318
Thatā€™s gorgeous šŸ–¤

• Heart