Tattoos

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
thanks for this, very interesting!

Thank you for your responses!

My main worry was that I’d get bored of the design after a while. But I’ve liked the idea of this kind of design for so long now. Plus after this year, I’ve got much more of a ‘life’s too short’ kind of attitude towards things, I think I’d actually regret not getting it now.

The below is an example of the sort of thing I want, just with different flowers. It’ll be a mix of myself and my mum’s favourite wildflowers. I want to get it on my wrist and have it slightly wrapped around. I want it where I can look at it whenever I want, so don’t want it anywhere too hidden

View attachment 286318
Definitely go for it. Honestly I don’t think you need to worry about getting bored of the design. I love all of mine and occasionally I see one I’ve forgotten about and I’m like awww hahaha.

Also as that’s fine line it will be fairly pain free to ease you in.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The below is an example of the sort of thing I want, just with different flowers. It’ll be a mix of myself and my mum’s favourite wildflowers. I want to get it on my wrist and have it slightly wrapped around. I want it where I can look at it whenever I want, so don’t want it anywhere too hidden

View attachment 286318
That’s really pretty!

I have three, don’t regret any of them. They’re all unique and things that mean something to me.

When I was a teenager I was desperate for a Cheryl Cole style one on the side of my hand - I’m glad I was too young and by the time I was old enough I’d gone off it already 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That’s really pretty!

I have three, don’t regret any of them. They’re all unique and things that mean something to me.

When I was a teenager I was desperate for a Cheryl Cole style one on the side of my hand - I’m glad I was too young and by the time I was old enough I’d gone off it already 😂
Thank you 😊

Yeah, I guess if it has some meaning for there is no reason to regret it.

A Cheryl Cole style tattoo, haha!! Whilst at uni, my friend got the Batman logo on his wrist. We tried to talk him out of it but he was determined. He massively regrets it now. Luckily it’s quite a small one 😂

Definitely go for it. Honestly I don’t think you need to worry about getting bored of the design. I love all of mine and occasionally I see one I’ve forgotten about and I’m like awww hahaha.

Also as that’s fine line it will be fairly pain free to ease you in.
Yeah, hopefully I’ll be able to handle the pain, I have a really low pain threshold, haha!

How have you found your tattoos to age over time? Have you had any re-inked? I’ve seen some terrible faded ones, not sure if that’s down to people not taking care of them properly, or something else?

Reactions: 1
Thank you 😊

Yeah, I guess if it has some meaning for there is no reason to regret it.

A Cheryl Cole style tattoo, haha!! Whilst at uni, my friend got the Batman logo on his wrist. We tried to talk him out of it but he was determined. He massively regrets it now. Luckily it’s quite a small one 😂

Yeah, hopefully I’ll be able to handle the pain, I have a really low pain threshold, haha!

How have you found your tattoos to age over time? Have you had any re-inked? I’ve seen some terrible faded ones, not sure if that’s down to people not taking care of them properly, or something else?
Hahahaha I hear you. I almost got the slipknot logo on my forearm when I was 16. Thank god I didn’t.

My tattoos have aged very well. I have quite a lot of neo traditional work which is thick heavy lines and a lot of bold colour. I find that I have some ones that need touching up on areas where I have thinner skin. Also I have a the tiniest blow out on my lines in some areas. But it’s just part and parcel and a risk. I have a tattoo on my arm I’m not overly happy with that I want to get touching up and reworking but that is just for my own personal needs. I think yours will age very well and will heal quickly and with minimal issues.

I will not bullshit you tattoos are seriously painful but the fine line work is very easy and some parts are painless.

Reactions: 2
Hahahaha I hear you. I almost got the slipknot logo on my forearm when I was 16. Thank god I didn’t.

My tattoos have aged very well. I have quite a lot of neo traditional work which is thick heavy lines and a lot of bold colour. I find that I have some ones that need touching up on areas where I have thinner skin. Also I have a the tiniest blow out on my lines in some areas. But it’s just part and parcel and a risk. I have a tattoo on my arm I’m not overly happy with that I want to get touching up and reworking but that is just for my own personal needs. I think yours will age very well and will heal quickly and with minimal issues.

I will not bullshit you tattoos are seriously painful but the fine line work is very easy and some parts are painless.
Your neo-traditional ones sound cool! I was originally thinking of having some colour on mine. Could always have some added at a later point I guess.

I love tattoos and I’m loving this thread! I have one, from around 15 years ago. It’s a simple black and grey one, easily covered. Only a handful of people know it exists! I was pretty young when I got it, but no regrets.
I love them on other people too.
I’d love to get another one. I just find it hard to decide on the placement. I know I’d like something easily covered up again (I LOVE visible tattoos on other people it’s just not ideal for my work situation). And the placement really affects the style/design etc.

• Heart
I love tattoos and I’m loving this thread! I have one, from around 15 years ago. It’s a simple black and grey one, easily covered. Only a handful of people know it exists! I was pretty young when I got it, but no regrets.
I love them on other people too.
I’d love to get another one. I just find it hard to decide on the placement. I know I’d like something easily covered up again (I LOVE visible tattoos on other people it’s just not ideal for my work situation). And the placement really affects the style/design etc.
I love visible tattoos on others to. I find them so interesting and want to know if there’s a story behind them.

What tattoo are you thinking of getting? I’m lucky that I work in an industry where visible tattoos aren’t considered ‘inappropriate’

• Heart
I love visible tattoos on others to. I find them so interesting and want to know if there’s a story behind them.

What tattoo are you thinking of getting? I’m lucky that I work in an industry where visible tattoos aren’t considered ‘inappropriate’
Yes!! That’s it, and even if it turns out there’s not any story or meaning to them, its still interesting!

Ha, well that’s another thing I’m being indecisive about! 🙈😆 I’d really like something to do with nature, possibly a magpie, or universe/space themed. But I really think once I’ve settled on the placement it will be so much easier to visualise it. For example, there’d be no point getting a small bird in the middle of my back (mind you if other people like that, no judgments!).

You‘re lucky to have that freedom where you work, because the kind of design you have in mind is gorgeous, and it deserves to be seen!

I just want to make sure that I’ve put a lot of love into the design. Like literally everyone else, this has been a crap year for me, so it feels important for there to be a positive intention behind it, if that makes sense?!

• Heart
Yes!! That’s it, and even if it turns out there’s not any story or meaning to them, its still interesting!

Ha, well that’s another thing I’m being indecisive about! 🙈😆 I’d really like something to do with nature, possibly a magpie, or universe/space themed. But I really think once I’ve settled on the placement it will be so much easier to visualise it. For example, there’d be no point getting a small bird in the middle of my back (mind you if other people like that, no judgments!).

You‘re lucky to have that freedom where you work, because the kind of design you have in mind is gorgeous, and it deserves to be seen!

I just want to make sure that I’ve put a lot of love into the design. Like literally everyone else, this has been a crap year for me, so it feels important for there to be a positive intention behind it, if that makes sense?!
Your ideas sound nice, nature ones always look lovely. I love the idea of a universe/space themed one! I’ve seen some amazing designs, including star sign constellations (already planning my 2nd tattoo, haha) and also some gorgeous moon phase ones.

It has been a super crappy year 🙁 so as you say, would be nice to have something nice and positive to remember it by

• Heart
Your ideas sound nice, nature ones always look lovely. I love the idea of a universe/space themed one! I’ve seen some amazing designs, including star sign constellations (already planning my 2nd tattoo, haha) and also some gorgeous moon phase ones.

It has been a super crappy year 🙁 so as you say, would be nice to have something nice and positive to remember it by
Thank you! Oh wow yes! Those kinds are stunning, there’s so many possibilities. Star sign constellation ones are so cool, so personal in a subtle way. It looks like you’ve already discovered how addictive they are, I love that!
If you feel comfortable doing so you have to report back here once you’ve got yours, it would be nice to see the process come full-circle! Same with anyone else here too!

Exactly! Although there’s also part of me that thinks, f*ck it, I should get something daft/fun like a tiny Where‘s Wally behind my ear!! 🤣

Thank you! Oh wow yes! Those kinds are stunning, there’s so many possibilities. Star sign constellation ones are so cool, so personal in a subtle way. It looks like you’ve already discovered how addictive they are, I love that!
If you feel comfortable doing so you have to report back here once you’ve got yours, it would be nice to see the process come full-circle! Same with anyone else here too!

Exactly! Although there’s also part of me that thinks, f*ck it, I should get something daft/fun like a tiny Where‘s Wally behind my ear!! 🤣
Haha, it’s true! I am already addicted!

Sure, I will post a picture of my tattoo here. My appointment has been booked in a month from now (fingers crossed it will go ahead)
And if you decide what design to get for your new tattoo, let us know :)

• Heart
Does anybody here have any tattoos?

I got my first age 30 and have got another 3 since, my dad does not approve though!

Or are you not a fan?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Have been tempted, especially during my undergrad years, but have always resisted.

I always think they are a novelty value - all very well to have for the first few weeks, and then get forgotten about, and just remain as a "stain" on my body.

But whatever floats your boat really (although I do believe you have to be careful should you ever need an MRI scan)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Have been tempted, especially during my undergrad years, but have always resisted.

I always think they are a novelty value - all very well to have for the first few weeks, and then get forgotten about, and just remain as a "stain" on my body.

But whatever floats your boat really (although I do believe you have to be careful should you ever need an MRI scan)
agreed about floating the boat!

I went for an MRI last month and asked about the tattoo thing, she said that in rare occurances they have had a couple of people where the tattoo has got really hot and itchy and caused a superficial burn. Thankfully, not to me! Mine are only teeny though.

I have three! My dad isn’t a fan either, he was actually gutted when I got my first one because he really hates them but by my second and third he was less bothered 😂

I got my first one in my 50s, matching one with my daughter. It’s on my wrist. I still love it and would have had more but I got sepsis 2 years ago and my family won’t let me risk any more tattoos or piercings.

I have a small one on my lower belly! I got it when I turned 19 as a gift to myself without telling my parents. When I told them after a few days, they were actually okay with it 😂
probably they accepted it as it was very small and placed on a part of the body which is often covered. In fact I actually forget that I have one all the time.

I’m 30 in a couple of months and really want to get one. I’ve wanted a nice little one for years but I’m scared if I have one I’ll get addicted and have to get covered in them 🤣

I have two. One which I got when I was 20, spur of the moment thing and I should t have. Its small and you don't see it really, I am surprised when I see it as I forget its there. Then I have another small one. But I'm hoping to get 2 more, including a large thigh piece. My husband has quite a lot, I love them