Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I'm not a fan of tattoos and would never have one. I don't even like to see strap lines after sunbathing! I don't mind seeing them on others though, but I know most corporate organisations don't allow staff to have tattoos on show.

Reactions: 4

theghosttown

VIP Member
I am pretty covered. The only tattoos I regrets are a couple I had when I was yoooouuunnngggg. I don’t regret them as such, I just live with them. Other than that I absolutely love them. Where abouts are you looking to have yours on your body. My advice is if it would be on display I.e arms and legs do not do it unless you are 100% confident you won’t regret it.

• Heart

VIP Member
The celebrities that I have mentioned, have multiple tattoos, and have well documented inner turmoil. David Beckham may not have much inner turmoil, but he has ruined his appearance with multiple tattoos. I have come to the conclusion, that excessive tattoos, are similar to women wearing too much make-up - it is like a protective barrier.
I'm sorry but that really doesn't compute, I don't think having multiple tattoo's can be linked to "inner turmoil" unless you can provide some scientific studies to back up your claim.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I have 5 tattoos (I don't know if that's excessive to you)
My brother is covered in them from the back of his neck though his torso. arms and hands.
My other sibling also has tattoos.
All of us have had an amazingly, loving upbringing. We're all very close, have great careers, healthy relationships and lifestyles, a great family life, very close to our parents etc etc...
do you feel our tattoos are a protective barrier? or do you think perhaps we just like to express ourselves through ink opposed to the way others may such as singing/dancing/acting/painting?
Five tattoos are not excessive.
I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, it was not my intention. But the OP asked if anyone had tatttoos, and what we think of them. I was merely expressing an opinion.

I'm sorry but that really doesn't compute, I don't think having multiple tattoo's can be linked to "inner turmoil" unless you can provide some scientific studies to back up your claim.
Oh dear. There is more I want to say on the subject, but it will either result in upsetting even more people, or me being "sent to Coventry." I wish niether of these things to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

Rocketllama

Chatty Member
I’ve got four and I hate two of them and really regret them. They weren’t thought out at all and I just got them on a whim

Facehugger

VIP Member
They aren’t for me. I’ve never dated anyone with a tattoo. I just find them unattractive.
That's really interesting, do you mind me asking if you'd never date anyone just because they have tattoos, even if they're completely lovely and all you'd ever want in a partner?

I tend to judge people on who they are, not what they look like, but others may be more pedantic I guess.

I have a large tattoo, my son knew I'd wanted it for years & paid for it for my 50th. I love it. Doesn't change who I am by having a tattoo, I'm still the same person & shouldn't be judged just for how I look. I do find tall, heavily muscular men with tattoos very attractive, but wouldn't not date anyone skinny or bare skinned if they were lovely.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Another reason why I shied away from having a tatt is that it might cause issues should I ever have an MRI scan. The NHS website suggests most tatts are perfectly safe, but you should tell the radiographer prior or during the scan if any ill-effects happen during the scan.

• Wow

Lara98

Chatty Member
Some tattoos can be works of art, but the trouble is people don't want to stop at having one tattoo - I really do not understand the compulsion to have multiple tattoos.
In some cases, multiple tattoos are a form of self harm and inner turmoil. Justin Bieber, Amy Winehouse, Aaron Carter even David Beckham, are examples of celebrities who have ruined their appearence with ugly tattoos, because of inner turmoil.
This is another thing that I don't understand, why do attractive young people want to deface themselves with ugly tattoos?
I guess some people may find it a way to express themselves. I know I do, I have 4 small tattoos and 1 big floral piece on my arm. Infect the floral piece and my 2 able pieces actually mean something to me, so its a nice reminder for me when I see them. However I know some people just get them because they want it & that’s also okay!

There’s so many different reasons why & also just because the tattoo is ugly in your eyes, doesn’t mean it is for them. It could be their favourite tattoo, it’s all down to personal preference and taste Tbf!

I think unless you have one or two, there can’t really be any comment on why people get them as it’s different for everyone!

101d

VIP Member
I have a few tattoos. Some big, some small, some legit and some plain stoopid haha.

Don't have pics of them all though :(

- big thigh piece based on the perks of being a wallflower
- big rose on knee cap
- crystal ball piece on shin
- mandala freehand on calf
- coffin on side of shin/calf
- heart/skulls on thigh
- pizza slice on thigh (joint tattoo with friends lol)
- lil grim reaper on shin
- large mandala sternum piece
- pug skull on ribs
- you me at six lyrics on arm
- neck deep song title on back of arm
- small family piece on arm
- peacock feather on wrist (it was a cover up and is ugly as fuq)
- anchor on wrist
- memento mori tarot card on arm
- skull/peonies on back of arm
- teeny tiny heart by my ear

i think that's it? lol

• Wow
  • Heart

marlaxo

Does anybody here have any tattoos?

I got my first age 30 and have got another 3 since, my dad does not approve though!

Or are you not a fan?

• Heart

DowntoearthDawn

VIP Member
Thank you for your responses!

My main worry was that I’d get bored of the design after a while. But I’ve liked the idea of this kind of design for so long now. Plus after this year, I’ve got much more of a ‘life’s too short’ kind of attitude towards things, I think I’d actually regret not getting it now.

The below is an example of the sort of thing I want, just with different flowers. It’ll be a mix of myself and my mum’s favourite wildflowers. I want to get it on my wrist and have it slightly wrapped around. I want it where I can look at it whenever don’t want it anywhere too hidden

View attachment 286318
That’s gorgeous 🖤

• Heart

ScotsWildCat

...I have 3 tattoos in the oriental style...a large one and small one on my back and a small one on my ankle...had them done over 20 years ago and still love them...kinda wished I'd carried on as I love the whole back covered look (as pictured)...

Attachments

• Heart

Gertrude

Chatty Member
Hey all

Wanted to get your view on tattoos. Do you like them? Do you have any and if so, how many and what kind of tattoo, ie colour or blank ink only?

I’ve wanted one for the longest time, but I am super indecisive so always ended up changing mind. I’ve finally decided to just go for it. I’ve had a rough design idea in mind for ages and I’ve found a tattoo artist who has similar styles in her portfolio of work. She’s currently in the process of coming up with my tattoo design.

Those of you with tattoos, any regrets?

Lynseyp

VIP Member
I cannot stand Tattoos, I have never had one nor will i ever get one.
If they are discreet then fine but some people are covered in them - they take it too far.

Whatever123

VIP Member
I'm not a fan of tattoos and would never have one. I don't even like to see strap lines after sunbathing! I don't mind seeing them on others though, but I know most corporate organisations don't allow staff to have tattoos on show.
In regards to tattoos on show in the work place, I think it all depends on the place of work and the role. Ultimately though, and I feel the same about clothing, if you’re good at the job then who cares.

Basically, I don’t really care. I just don’t find them attractive, much like I don’t fancy blonde men. Personal preference.