Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tyla73

VIP Member
I have six tattoos including a half sleeve and I don’t regret a single one. I have plans for at least one more which I’ll be getting done after lockdown ends and possibly another half sleeve over the next couple of years.

It’s also worth noting that I am not a miserable person wracked with inner turmoil, have a responsible, corporate job and don’t give a fuck how they’re going to look when I’m 80. I’ve heard all anti-tattoo arguments and insults a million times, there’s never anything new or interesting, and trust me when I tell you that everyone with tattoos has heard the same.

It does interest me why some people feel the need to tell you their negative feelings about tattoos. If you don’t like them, don’t get them. No need to be rude to or about people who have them, or make up little stories to yourself about their reasons for getting them.

Oh, and I had an MRI scan a few years ago and there was no problem. In extremely rare circumstances the scan can cause an allergic reaction but you’ve got far more chance of having a reaction to something like hair dye and that doesn’t stop many people getting their hair done.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
I’m what you would call a heavily tattooed female. I used to get lots of odd looks (still do when I go away on holiday to some places) but not so much in the uk now. I forget I have them now and when people point them out by saying ‘I like that one’ it takes me a moment to realise what they are talking about!

Reactions: 6

Pizzledizzle

Hi 👋🏻

I personally love tattoos and I have 4 a mixture of colour & black and white but all are easily covered. It’s such a personal decision so I would say don’t be too influenced by others!
I have one that I don’t love anymore but don’t regret it. It was something I put a lot of thought & meaning into at the time, I think I’ve just grown up a lot since then.

Reactions: 5

Lara98

Chatty Member
The celebrities that I have mentioned, have multiple tattoos, and heve well documented inner turmoil. David Beckham may not have much inner turmoil, but he has ruined his appearence with multiple tattoos. I have come to the conclusion, that excessive tattoos, are similar to women wearing too much make-up - it is like a protective barrier.
well I guess that’sjust personal preference if you think he’s ruined his appearance! I’m sure other people may think the complete opposite 😅
Coming from a personal POV, I feel confident woth and without makeup, I only wear heavy makeup when I’m going on a night out etc. Mostly because I enjoy doing makeup and experimenting, I think this is the same for tattoos! As I said before it’s a persons way of expressing themselves not always a “barrier”

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
The below is an example of the sort of thing I want, just with different flowers. It’ll be a mix of myself and my mum’s favourite wildflowers. I want to get it on my wrist and have it slightly wrapped around. I want it where I can look at it whenever I want, so don’t want it anywhere too hidden

View attachment 286318
That’s really pretty!

I have three, don’t regret any of them. They’re all unique and things that mean something to me.

When I was a teenager I was desperate for a Cheryl Cole style one on the side of my hand - I’m glad I was too young and by the time I was old enough I’d gone off it already 😂

• Heart
I have a full arm sleeve and a few others. I’m in my early 30s with 3 kids and very responsible job that doesn’t mind me having them out.

I’ve always liked tattoos. Wanted them since I was a kid but didn’t get my first proper one until I was 28. I don’t care what they look like when I’m old because I’ll probably look like a saggy old ball bag anyway

Laur91

VIP Member
I don’t have any tattoos myself yet, I like them on other people like my other half is covered in them but I’ve always found that some people find that quite perplexing.

One of my friends for example made a comment about another couple once (she fancied the guy but he had a girlfriend) and she made a comment about how the guy was so interesting looking cos of his tattoos but why was he with his girlfriend cos she didn’t have any and was a ‘plain Jane’. She was so baffled why he hadn’t left his girlfriend for her cos she has loads of tattoos like him. 😂🙈

since when did tattoos make you a certain type of person? His girlfriend was beautiful and he obviously has dozens of reasons why he loves her and is with her, the fact she’s not covered in ink has nothing to do with who you are as a person!

I think some people assume that having loads of tattoos in common makes you better suited or more attractive, as if it’s an unspoken rule! As if the mentality is:

Hi. Wow you have tattoos..I have tattoos...let’s not talk about our morals, values or interests, there’s no need, clearly we are made for each other. 😂😂

KateESJ

VIP Member
I'm going to finally get mine this year. I have some stars on my hip that I got at 17 and they look awful, thankfully I can hide them. I'll get them either touched up or covered up eventually. Also have my estranged husband's initials on my wrist (huge mistake lol) which I'll definitely be getting covered. Thankfully they're small.

I have a silhouette photograph of my son and I that I want tattooed. I've been trying to decide on the best tattoo to get for him and I think I'm 99% sure I'm going to talk to an artist about having that photograph tattooed and see what they come up with. He died when he was 4 so I want something special for him. Once I've stopped breastfeeding I'll finally get it done, I can't wait.

• Sad
  • Heart

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
I have long considered having a tatt (usually in the company of friends and lots of alcoholic drinks!). But I always rationalise and realise that I really don't want one at all.

I will admit that some tatts look really good on a woman, especially on shoulder blades and smalls of backs. But I have resisted temptation and just remained "bare"

• Haha

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Yes I have several tattoos. Some black/grey and some full colour. I don’t regret them.

I’d say if you want one, get it. But go for something that will age well - don’t get anything tacky or anything remotely like what any celebrity has for example.

Lara98

Chatty Member
Five tattoos are not excessive.
I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, it was not my intention. But the OP asked if anyone had tatttoos, and what we think of them. I was merely expressing an opinion.

Oh dear. There is more I want to say on the subject, but it will either result in upsetting even more people, or me being "sent to Coventry." I wish niether of these things to happen.
I’m from Coventry... couldn’t imagine why you’d be so against coming here 🤪🤪

• Haha

blondelolita

Chatty Member
I have one, which I don’t regret but with hindsight wish I’d a less ‘inky’ design as I’m so pale I think it’s a bit harsh on me, but I love tattoos on other people. I would get more, but I don’t know if I can part with the cash as I want to buy a property one day and the best tattooists are always expensive (however definitely worth the money).

Reactions: 4

Fifah1907

VIP Member
i'll get photos of the others later when i'm not in a billion layers for the rugby 😂😂 but these are 2 of my 8

• Heart

SoulRebel

VIP Member
The celebrities that I have mentioned, have multiple tattoos, and heve well documented inner turmoil. David Beckham may not have much inner turmoil, but he has ruined his appearence with multiple tattoos. I have come to the conclusion, that excessive tattoos, are similar to women wearing too much make-up - it is like a protective barrier.
When you use terms like ugly and defaced it can sound quite critical. People do all sorts of crazy things to their bodies - push up bras, stiletto shoes, foot binding, neck rings, piercings, girdles, tongue splitting, fake tans, botox, hair transplants, plastic surgery etc etc. The human race have been tattooing their skin for hundreds of thousands of years and it was popular in ancient Egypt and with ancient Maori tribes.
I admit that it's not for everyone but I like mine and don't care that my tattoos will get old along with the rest of me.

Lara98

Chatty Member
I think the tattoos in the workplace thing is quite outdated now, I know a lot of places take on people regardless as it could be classed as discrimination. However those with tattoos on there faces or hands etc may struggle more in some job areas! But overall they’re a lot more open to people with them

theghosttown

VIP Member
thanks for this, very interesting!

Thank you for your responses!

My main worry was that I’d get bored of the design after a while. But I’ve liked the idea of this kind of design for so long now. Plus after this year, I’ve got much more of a ‘life’s too short’ kind of attitude towards things, I think I’d actually regret not getting it now.

The below is an example of the sort of thing I want, just with different flowers. It’ll be a mix of myself and my mum’s favourite wildflowers. I want to get it on my wrist and have it slightly wrapped around. I want it where I can look at it whenever I want, so don’t want it anywhere too hidden

View attachment 286318
Definitely go for it. Honestly I don’t think you need to worry about getting bored of the design. I love all of mine and occasionally I see one I’ve forgotten about and I’m like awww hahaha.

Also as that’s fine line it will be fairly pain free to ease you in.

• Heart

Artax79

I love tattoos! It’s a topic of interest for me, so when people have obviously new tattoos I’m straight in there for a conversation about it. Who did it? Did it hurt? Are you having more? What does it mean?

I have my right calf/lower leg completely covered in a tribute to The Lion King. I’ve had nothing but compliments on it. It’s my favourite 🥰

I also have a flower tribute on my left thigh. An English Rose, a Welsh Daffodil and a Scottish Thistle (My family are Scottish, my husbands family is Welsh and we are English).

I also had a spur of the moment Mandala Skull next to my flowers 😂 I love them all.

I’ve been booked in with my tattooist since March and I’m yet to get in with him 😩 Most are worrying about hair or nails and here’s me worrying if I’m gonna get my tattoo this year 😂