Tattle Turds #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@JoJo76 can I ask some advise please? My cat (8year Old) is going to vets tomorrow. He’s been acting unlike himself for a week or so. In and out more than normal, missed a jump he went for and now last two days, peeing around the house which he’s never done. Im scared it’s something serious, I know you foster cats so might have an idea. I would have taken him sooner only we’ve all been isolating as covid in the house.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@JoJo76 can I ask some advise please? My cat (8year Old) is going to vets tomorrow. He’s been acting unlike himself for a week or so. In and out more than normal, missed a jump he went for and now last two days, peeing around the house which he’s never done. Im scared it’s something serious, I know you foster cats so might have an idea. I would have taken him sooner only we’ve all been isolating as covid in the house.
He might have urinary tract issues or there might be a new cat in the neighbourhood upsetting him. Missing the jump is a bit worrying, but can happen just like we slip. The being in and out more and peeing around the house can be more behavioural - he might just be unhappy with everyone isolating. Apparently a lot of cats got depression over the pandemic with their owners working from home! It could be something serious, but it also might not be so try not to panic, (I know it's hard not too when it's your beloved fur baby.) Please let us know how he is, and don't forget to pay the pet tax - aka a photo of him (only if you're comfortable with sharing that publicly ofc!)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He might have urinary tract issues or there might be a new cat in the neighbourhood upsetting him. Missing the jump is a bit worrying, but can happen just like we slip. The being in and out more and peeing around the house can be more behavioural - he might just be unhappy with everyone isolating. Apparently a lot of cats got depression over the pandemic with their owners working from home! It could be something serious, but it also might not be so try not to panic, (I know it's hard not too when it's your beloved fur baby.) Please let us know how he is, and don't forget to pay the pet tax - aka a photo of him (only if you're comfortable with sharing that publicly ofc!)
Thank you, just have to wait a couple more hours. I’m hoping it’s something easily sorted. You could be right about the isolating also. Pic incoming
---
This is our big man. The eldest of our three cats (and one dog). Just hoping all ok as he’s never been a sickly cat

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you, just have to wait a couple more hours. I’m hoping it’s something easily sorted. You could be right about the isolating also. Pic incoming
---
This is our big man. The eldest of our three cats (and one dog). Just hoping all ok as he’s never been a sickly cat
Oh wow he's gorgeous! I love that little black splotch on his face, and he has beautiful eyes. ❤ Praying that everything goes well for you and the fur baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
---
I was also thinking a UTI. They might need to run tests, urine or bloods and so you might not get answers today. They normally have to be sedated for those tests so might not happen today. We had to give ours gabapentin for his bloods and urine, bless him he was so funny all doped up!

let us know how it goes x

• Heart
@sallygsoton I am a huge fan of the OTO drops - only use about twice a week as they are soooo expensive but I love them. Top tip set an eBay alert for them - they come up every month or so and one seller sells multiple bottles and always accepts my offers. I’m averaging £35/40 per bottle these days.

Reactions: 2
@sallygsoton I am a huge fan of the OTO drops - only use about twice a week as they are soooo expensive but I love them. Top tip set an eBay alert for them - they come up every month or so and one seller sells multiple bottles and always accepts my offers. I’m averaging £35/40 per bottle these days.
Thanks for this! Just got a bottle for £37.50. Just over £40 with delivery.

I went in the middle with what you said you pay on best offer and it was accepted!

• Heart
Thanks for this! Just got a bottle for £37.50. Just over £40 with delivery.

I went in the middle with what you said you pay on best offer and it was accepted!
Yay really pleased 😀 meant to reference you too on my post and forgot!!!

• Heart
I was having a nosey on the Vinted thread where they have adopted the phrases ‘scruffy slag’ and ‘tidy tart’, and now my ads are like this

833AF180-8C77-4079-A0B7-2EA8E4EE919C.jpeg

😭

Ilona’s hand looks really weird

• Haha
Had the best day, but wiped out now with pain and booze 🤪

Mr JoJo recently said I could have an eternity ring for my 50th (am 47 now). So we decided to go into Manchester to look at styles and prices. All the posh jewellers give you champagne while you are browsing and we ended up so tiddly! I can’t handle daytime drinking!

Anyway, found the ring, It’s a classic design so will still be available when the time comes. Went for a pint(s) had a curry and am now in bed with Walter cat as my back is suffering.

Such a beautiful and fun day.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Dreadful week for me so far. One of our cats was hit by a car and died shortly after. She was only a little more than a year old. It’s the first time I’ve lost a pet who was part of our family and it’s left a much bigger hole than I could ever have imagined ☹

FA69B4EC-36B2-48B0-925E-6298A13308B7.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Dreadful week for me so far. One of our cats was hit by a car and died shortly after. She was only a little more than a year old. It’s the first time I’ve lost a pet who was part of our family and it’s left a much bigger hole than I could ever have imagined ☹

View attachment 2518311
Oh god, I am so so sorry, my heart breaks for you and your precious little girl. Honestly, pets are family and bring such joy, and pure innocent love.

• Heart

View attachment 2518311
Poor little cat. You must be heartbroken. I am sending lots of love and cwtches to you and all your family @kingseven 💜🙏💜

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you all so much. It’s strange how much comfort you can get from people genuinely validating your grief.

She was always going to be our cat but came as a pair as she had such a close bond with her sister who is now searching the house trying to find her ☹

D066AD46-3133-4B6E-BFB1-81233B327212.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
@kingseven I’m so sorry, what an awful loss. That photo makes my heart hurt! What beautiful girls 💜 I hope you have lots of photos like that to treasure, they look like a very special pair of buddies. Sending you love 💜

• Heart
Happy Friday Folks. @kingseven all the love and sending massive hugs.

Hoping everyone is ok, seems a bit quiet here lately. Not much to report from me, just trying to keep this thread alive because I think it’s a great place for us to be able to vent x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Happy Friday Turds 💜 although it’s Saturday now.
I went out-out for the first time in a bleeping long time tonight! (KIDS) In a storm 🥴 margaritas and pizzas and good chats with my oldest mum friends, and now I’m home, tipsy in bed at midnight with a cup of tea 😋 am I old? 😂

(I was born old)

It is quiet here Jojo. Main thread is quiet, shenanigans are at a minimum and I hope that’s a good thing. I think of lots of turds often who have gone AWOL, I hope they’re doing ok. They’re missed 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 5