Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

UncoveredLurker

Hi everyone- sorry been MIA for a while as life was really difficult.

MrUL passed away this weekend. Heart is shattered. Me and the children are taking it a day at a time.

Sometimes life can just be too cruel

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

kingseven

VIP Member
Dreadful week for me so far. One of our cats was hit by a car and died shortly after. She was only a little more than a year old. It’s the first time I’ve lost a pet who was part of our family and it’s left a much bigger hole than I could ever have imagined ☹

FA69B4EC-36B2-48B0-925E-6298A13308B7.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

UncoveredLurker

Sorry tattlers- I appear to have brought the thread to a lull.

@Ice Cream Enthusiast - I’m so sorry for the loss of your brother. Sending love your way.

I’m still here. Surviving (not yet coping) but getting there. We had a beautiful funeral - if that isn’t too much of a dichotomy! It was all the best of my husband, without any of the suffering.

Am back at work soon, so biding my time with mindless tattle and looking forward to more cat pictures from you lot!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

kingseven

VIP Member
Thank you all so much. It’s strange how much comfort you can get from people genuinely validating your grief.

She was always going to be our cat but came as a pair as she had such a close bond with her sister who is now searching the house trying to find her ☹

D066AD46-3133-4B6E-BFB1-81233B327212.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

jesskell

He might have urinary tract issues or there might be a new cat in the neighbourhood upsetting him. Missing the jump is a bit worrying, but can happen just like we slip. The being in and out more and peeing around the house can be more behavioural - he might just be unhappy with everyone isolating. Apparently a lot of cats got depression over the pandemic with their owners working from home! It could be something serious, but it also might not be so try not to panic, (I know it's hard not too when it's your beloved fur baby.) Please let us know how he is, and don't forget to pay the pet tax - aka a photo of him (only if you're comfortable with sharing that publicly ofc!)
Thank you, just have to wait a couple more hours. I’m hoping it’s something easily sorted. You could be right about the isolating also. Pic incoming
---
This is our big man. The eldest of our three cats (and one dog). Just hoping all ok as he’s never been a sickly cat

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

StewPots

VIP Member
Hey dear Turds ❤

Just to say hi and thinking of all who are struggling at the moment, especially with Christmas around the corner. My son is with his Dad for the whole of the Christmas week this year ( we take turns ) so it’s always weird when he’s not about Christmas morning. Especially as he gets older and the excitement levels start to drop as he hits the tween years…but I’m grateful he has two great Christmases between the ex and I, and is kept busy for the two week holidays.

I also start to miss my Dad - who died two years ago after getting long covid and being on oxygen pretty much 24/7. But I’m grateful again he’s no longer suffering after he endured 18 months of hell, and I still have my Stepmum to think of this time of year and make sure she’s ok.

So yeah… that’s it really. Just sending love out to all of you who are facing difficult Decembers for whatever reason, and as always…at least we aren’t Alice!!

Oh, and obligatory cat pic - this time of my 3 legged rescue….taken by my daughter who’s never seen him sleep like that 🤣 hence the “WTF” comment!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10

JoJo76

VIP Member
Had the best day, but wiped out now with pain and booze 🤪

Mr JoJo recently said I could have an eternity ring for my 50th (am 47 now). So we decided to go into Manchester to look at styles and prices. All the posh jewellers give you champagne while you are browsing and we ended up so tiddly! I can’t handle daytime drinking!

Anyway, found the ring, It’s a classic design so will still be available when the time comes. Went for a pint(s) had a curry and am now in bed with Walter cat as my back is suffering.

Such a beautiful and fun day.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

CookieMonsta

VIP Member
Hi all. I just wanted to let you lovely lot know that I've recently discovered something called Bilateral music, which is supposedly really helpful for anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc. I know a lot of us here suffer from mental health issues, physical health issues, caring for sick family or sadly losing loved ones, so I thought I'd share this here in the hope it might help. ❤ I'm finding it very relaxing which is a Godsend while living with my mother these days!

Here's a photo of my beautiful boy enjoying today's sunshine. He was sick last night so it was both a relief and a joy to see him relaxing.
IMG_20240222_182127.jpg

• Heart

EllaBells

I’m so saddened by Matthew Perry. Such a dear man who fought so hard to overcome his problems. Don’t know why writing apart from don’t want to be part of a public outpouring but want to express how deeply sad I am. RIP Matthew Perry.

• Heart
Bore da, friends. 🌞 (Well, it’s cloudy where I am right now, and my backyard is cloaked in snow!)

Just wanted to check in on everyone and say I hope you’ve all been thriving, and if you haven’t, then I pray that your relief, comfort, peace, and happiness arrives VERY soon.

Two weeks ago I had interviews for two universities to earn my mental health counseling degree. I only applied for two because I want to learn online and unfortunately there are SO few schools that offer that degree online that meet my standards as acceptable schools.

One school is pretty good and admits a lot of their graduate candidates. After that interview I was told by the faculty member interviewing me that she would go to her superior and recommend me for the program, so while I have to wait like 4 weeks to hear an OFFICIAL decision, I still think I got in because of what she said.

The second school is one of the top ten schools in the fuckin country—an Ivy League school that I am really, really trying to get into. I don’t hear from them for about 2 more weeks but I hope that, if you have the time, you’ll say a quick prayer for my admission. That interview was MUCH harder than the previous one.

Quick note: I always say this to my friends, but if I don’t ever again bring up the Ivy League school, please don’t ask me about it because it would mean I didn’t get in and I don’t want to have to say it out loud to people that I got rejected lol. 😩😂 If I get into a school, I’ll be sure to announce it here.

Love y’all and take care. 💚

• Heart
Reactions: 8

jesskell

@JoJo76 can I ask some advise please? My cat (8year Old) is going to vets tomorrow. He’s been acting unlike himself for a week or so. In and out more than normal, missed a jump he went for and now last two days, peeing around the house which he’s never done. Im scared it’s something serious, I know you foster cats so might have an idea. I would have taken him sooner only we’ve all been isolating as covid in the house.

• Heart

barre19

Chatty Member
Just sticking my head in to say me too. That Robin Williams quote broke me when he died, and it’s broken me again. I’ve been really struggling with the whole parenting/work/life balance lately, I wish I had time to sit here and actually process this. I just feel so sad that he’s gone. 💔 Turd hugs xx

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
Morning all. Been a bit quiet here.

We took in a new foster cat last night. He’s very scared and hiding at the moment but will get pics when he is feeling braver.

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
Just popping in to say. hi and bump the thread. Had a rough few days but am off work tomorrow so will update then. In the meantime, here is Walter the Greek chonky chonk. He is on a diet 😂

IMG_6197.jpeg
IMG_6198.jpeg
IMG_6199.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7

kingseven

VIP Member
I’m so saddened by Matthew Perry. Such a dear man who fought so hard to overcome his problems. Don’t know why writing apart from don’t want to be part of a public outpouring but want to express how deeply sad I am. RIP Matthew Perry.
I feel exactly the same. I tried to reply to this a few times just after you posted so you would know you were not alone but struggled to find the right words.

I will share these words from the late great Robin Williams instead which I am sure apply to Matthew Perry also.

6A6E3E19-AA69-4DFE-820C-D115493657D7.jpeg

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
Feeling a bit low and I don’t know why. Do you ever feel really emotional for no reason? With the pill I take I don’t get periods so it’s not that.

Also my daughter bless her is poorly with a bad cold. We were meant to be having a girls night with a takeaway and watch a film but she doesn’t want me to catch it, and she’s too tired anyway. She might be nearly 25 but I still feel so protective of her. We are going to pop to hers this weekend and she’s asked for Mum food. Taking a lasagne, homemade pesto and hummus. Emily and her boyfriend are both amazing cooks, but sometimes she still needs a Mum hug on a plate.

Husband is out with the boys for a pint later so I’m gonna get the vino out and do a mini facial.

Hope you lovely lot are all doing well ❤

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
Happy Friday Folks. @kingseven all the love and sending massive hugs.

Hoping everyone is ok, seems a bit quiet here lately. Not much to report from me, just trying to keep this thread alive because I think it’s a great place for us to be able to vent x

• Heart

UncoveredLurker

Oh @StewPots - what a cutie!! Looks like a kitten.

How are you getting on? I know you’ve been suffering with your own health and more specifically pain recently. I hope this has eased as much as it can so you can enjoy more time with your little one (think you have a son you’ve mentioned - apologies if this is wrong).

• Heart

sweetnessfollows

VIP Member
Same same.

I haven't put anything public for myself but it's really impacted me in a way I didn't expect.

It's just the sheer binary- ness of death that feels so present all of a sudden.

Here and gone.

Life is random, yet this just feels like a giant magnifying glass on that very obvious truth. I dunno if this makes sense.

• Heart