Tattle Turds #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still trying to catch up but I have been so so tired this week. Something made my day today though, I can’t recall who it was here that’s follows Fosterkittendiary on instagram, but I got a shoutout on one of her reels! I adore Barbara and all her little kitties x
It was me who follows! That's lovely you got that. Was it the treats "from people all over the world" ? She once used one of my questions to respond publicly for info for her followers. She's really wonderful. Abbey and Lubie are 😍😍😍 All of her fosters have been so gorgeous.

Last edited:
It was me who follows! That's lovely you got that. Was it the treats "from people all over the world" ? She once used one of my questions to respond publicly for info for her followers. She's really wonderful. Abbey and Lubie are 😍😍😍 All of her fosters have been so gorgeous.
I think so, she was feeding Mummy cat treats called Temptations that I sent with some cat food. They are called Dreamies here. She named by my full name, not Jo as I guess that's what it says on the receipt.

Edit: it was from 28th Sept on her grid posts.

I think so, she was feeding Mummy cat treats called Temptations that I sent with some cat food. They are called Dreamies here. She named by my full name, not Jo as I guess that's what it says on the receipt.

Edit: it was from 28th Sept on her grid posts.
Oh yeah I remember that cos I realised they called it Temptations over there!

Looks like she had started getting a lot of extra donations from followers since I asked for her Amazon wishlist! So glad, and she linked it in her profile too. Which reminds me, I subscribed for a free trial of Prime canada to get free delivery. Have to cancel it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Little fucker Magpies. We have a squirrel that runs up and down our fence looking for food ready for winter. I bought some monkey nuts and leave them in a bowl outside the back gate. I know he comes for them as I have seen him, but never have my phone handy.

So I popped some on the fence and sat in the garden. After 20 minutes this little tit comes along!

I put more out but it’s starting to rain 😡
---
And yes, I know my hanging pots look dirty and manky, and that is because they are! Didn’t do anything with the back garden this year as it’s too much for me, so just concentrated on my veg garden.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Little fucker Magpies. We have a squirrel that runs up and down our fence looking for food ready for winter. I bought some monkey nuts and leave them in a bowl outside the back gate. I know he comes from them as I have seen him, but never have my phone handy.

So I popped some on the fence and sat in the garden. After 20 minutes this little tit comes along!

I put more out but it’s starting to rain 😡
I have to say, I'm in this magpie's corner. I've seen way too many squirrels steal bird food. Makes a nice change for the tables to be turned 🤣

Unless it's a red squirrel - then no! Bad magpie!

Reactions: 3
He is here! And he got one! We don’t get many birds here due to our cats, but I do save all their fur from grooming and wedge it in the fence posts for them to take for spring nests. I have a video somewhere of some bluetits taking it. Cat fur is excellent insulation for little baby birdies.

I am not crazy cat lady, I am crazy all animals (apart from thieving magpies 😂). I had to screenshat the video as it was too big to upload.

Attachments

• Heart
Evening Turds ❤

How are we all? I’ve been unwell all week and helpfully because of that, all of my MH meds came out of my system! So I’ve barely slept the last 3 nights and when I have I get 2 hours max then wake up feeling wired! Awful feeling.Got some antibiotics today as what I’ve been poorly with originally hasn’t got better a week later and I’m constantly tired and dehydrated with it - on the plus side, I’ve dropped a dress size in a week!

Anyway - that’s my moan 🤣 Just lying in bed now doing duck all and hoping my meds actually stay in my system tonight so I can manage more than a few hrs Kip! Big sporty weekend Chez Pots coming up… Hope everyone has a fab weekend ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Palate cleanser from the weirdness in Alice-land today. This is Beau and he gives kisses. (He's bribing me to bottle-feed him first but he knows he's my favorite. 💜 )

View attachment 2481625
That’s so lovely @Hiraeth. We used to have a small sheep farm, and lambing time, although very busy, was mostly wonderful. To see the lambs playing together, running, and chasing each other was just magical. I’ve also nursed orphan lambs and had them sleep in the kitchen next to the Rayburn.
---
Hi everyone and thanks barre for checking in on us.

ive been back at my normal job and then combining that around hospital visits and caring for the kids. I am completely wiped out.

Mr UL has had multiple operations and they found a clot in a serious place but they’ve been treating him very slowly and gently given his co-morbidities. So much so that last week he self discharged and the doctor supported his decision (he’d been in for 9 weeks at this point).

He wants to make the most of the time he has left at home, whilst that is a lovely idea he’s not actually well enough to be home so it’s a large strain on us as a family now.

he’s fainted twice since he’s been home and I’ve talked it through with the doctors what happens if he passes away at home while the kids and I are out during the day. There isn’t anything they can do. They can’t force him to stay in hospital and he won’t go to a hospice. So we just try and carry on at home caring for him the best we can. I have family helping and I think sooner or later I’m going to have to get carers in.

Here I seemed to have missed all the dodgy poster drama! I know the early threads had infiltrators but I didn’t think it would happen this late on. Although some posts are now so obviously hateful I’m impressed at the people who spotted it.

how are you all? I hope for those with autoimmune conditions and health difficulties that you are getting help with pain relief and will keep fingers crossed for any tests to come back in the best way.

sending love to all the kitties and puppers that regularly pop up on this thread too! I’ve posted my own pup before. And I love hearing the little updates - especially with all the brilliant work that the likes of Jojo and Lulu do with the kitten rescue
Sending love and hugs to you all, and wishing you strength in dealing with all that you have on your plate. Remember to take care of yourself too ❤
---
View attachment 2483838
---
A few pics from my Welsh adventure. I don’t want to leave.
Anglesey is magical, well the whole of Wales is so beautiful. Even in the cities you don’t have far to go to get out into the wonderful countryside. I consider myself blessed to live here.
---
View attachment 2483838
---
A few pics from my Welsh adventure. I don’t want to leave.
Anglesey is magical, well the whole of Wales is so beautiful. Even in the cities you don’t have far to go to get out into the wonderful countryside. I consider myself blessed to live here.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Evening Turds ❤

How are we all? I’ve been unwell all week and helpfully because of that, all of my MH meds came out of my system! So I’ve barely slept the last 3 nights and when I have I get 2 hours max then wake up feeling wired! Awful feeling.Got some antibiotics today as what I’ve been poorly with originally hasn’t got better a week later and I’m constantly tired and dehydrated with it - on the plus side, I’ve dropped a dress size in a week!

Anyway - that’s my moan 🤣 Just lying in bed now doing duck all and hoping my meds actually stay in my system tonight so I can manage more than a few hrs Kip! Big sporty weekend Chez Pots coming up… Hope everyone has a fab weekend ❤❤❤
Enjoy your bed, that is my favourite plan for tomorrow x

• Heart
@JoJo76 Sorry everyone for derailing about kittens 🐱 (although I think any topic is ok on here) but do you follow the crazy foster kitten lady on Instagram? She's amazing too.

Reactions: 1
@JoJo76 Sorry everyone for derailing about kittens 🐱 (although I think any topic is ok on here) but do you follow the crazy foster kitten lady on Instagram? She's amazing too.
I do, haha! All the cats for me!

I will be fostering again soon, maybe I should start a JoJo fosters. I am far too lazy though.
---
Urgh. Mega MH crash today. I think it will be a bed and iPad watching shite day. Just nipped to the amazing French deli at the end of our road and stocked up on pastries and goodies. Now in hibernation mode. Mr JoJo will be fine, our local non league football are playing today so he will go with friends and then pub. I just need a Jo day.

Also @Howdy Barbara tagged me when she was feeding mummy cat the treats on 28th sept x

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Is the Tattler who mentioned the gummies that helped with their sleep on this thread? I can't remember who it was of course :rolleyes:

5HTP (recommended on here) has been causing me severe nausea, so I would be grateful for any suggestions available in the UK please.

I have tried lots of CBD drops to no avail.

The only thing that helps are the OTO drops (from Liberty or John Lewis) but at £69 for a month, it's a bit outside my price range for anything other than occasional use.
I ordered the OTO drops after reading this post the other night (see? Like I said on the main thread, such rubber arms! And being laid up in bed now for the past 7/8 weeks including a 3 week stint in hospital has been horrendous for my bank balance 😂😳) so I’m really looking forward to trying them out. The reviews are really amazing. I don’t think I saw one bad one. Thanks for the recommendation, I will report back when I have given them a few weeks trial. They haven’t arrived yet but I’m hoping for Monday. Hopefully then I can ditch the sleeping tabs! 😊

• Heart
Oooh almost time for a new thread, but I am useless at that stuff so will wait for someone clever to do it. How I manage a job as a software test engineer and can’t manage a tattle thread is beyond me 😂

Had a funny old 24 hours. I fell out of bed last night while Mr JoJo was out. I hadn’t realised how close to the edge I was after Walter the cat took over the whole bed. I was paralysed on the floor for 4 hours until husband came home, and I was irrationally furious at him which I feel so guilty about.

Then today, read far too much about the situation in Israel and Palestine. I don’t want to engage in the political side of things as I admit that I don’t really know the full history of it all, but it just makes me so sad for humanity. I saw a video on someone’s instagram stories of really young kidnapped children held in cages while their captures with laughing.

I dispair for this world.

And oh great, an empty house across from me has the house alarm going off AGAIN. It will go on for an hour as it always does. So tempted to book tomorrow off work.

• Heart
  • Sad
COVID positive 🤦
Just waiting to hear if I can have the antiviral meds 🤞
Oh bless you. I’ve had it 3 times and it sucks. Stay in bed, enjoy the feeling of a cocoon of duvet and stay hydrated ❤

I’ve had a few days of emotional fragility, nothing terrible but a low few days. Does anyone else every pick stuff to watch deliberately that will make you cry, but ending in a good cry? Or am I just a weirdo?

Just put on the impossible. The only film that made me cry more was Schindlers list, and that’s not one for me tonight. I doubt I could watch it again after visiting Krakow and Auschwitz in 2019. It’s quiet at work and so have booked a few days off to chill as still have 9 days to take before year end and already have loads of time off booked in.

Also, UK peeps, anyone else bank with NatWest that can confirm if the app is working for them?
---
Also, I love this guy! Totally random and filthy. When I first discovered him I spent a whole afternoon pissing myself laughing at his posts. Very UK humour though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
App is working ok for me @JoJo76!

@Ally Pally speedy recovery, hope it’s not too bad for you 😔 tis the season.

My 18m old has been the devil today. That is all. Love you Turds! 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Feel better soon @Ally Pally - hope you manage to get the anti virals.

@JoJo76 - sorry to hear you’ve had a low few days. They can really be hard can’t they. Definitely have a couple of treat foods with a weepy movie - crying sometimes can be quite cathartic. Your pictures of Wales are wonderful though. And I already follow Luke! His teacher skits are very funny (and probably very accurate!).

hope stewpots is coping ok with her pain.

barre - the little whirlwind sounds hilarious. Easy for me to say looking back with rose tinted glasses. I remember somedays with toddlers can be so difficult. Hope tomorrow is a better day for both of you

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Feel better soon @Ally Pally - hope you manage to get the anti virals.

@JoJo76 - sorry to hear you’ve had a low few days. They can really be hard can’t they. Definitely have a couple of treat foods with a weepy movie - crying sometimes can be quite cathartic. Your pictures of Wales are wonderful though. And I already follow Luke! His teacher skits are very funny (and probably very accurate!).

hope stewpots is coping ok with her pain.

barre - the little whirlwind sounds hilarious. Easy for me to say looking back with rose tinted glasses. I remember somedays with toddlers can be so difficult. Hope tomorrow is a better day for both of you
love this one!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.